Lawsuit Settlements
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Tracy Johnson

Pickerington, OH

#1 Oct 2, 2006
Has anyone had any success with a MRSA lawsuit?
I am scared to settle because I am colonized and it can reoccur at anytime.

[email protected]
linda

United States

#2 Oct 2, 2006
How do you go about finding out how you contracted MSRA? My doctor said that I was not contagious as long as I kept my wound covered. On Friday, I found out that both of my grandchildren might have it, we are awiting the results from their cultures. I also work with a woman who is 7 monthes pregnant. I am heart broke that I may have given to my grandkids and of course my doctor will not return my calls. Any thought???
Lisa

Toronto, Canada

#3 Oct 9, 2006
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
I live with my fiance and his family and i was just diagnosed on thursday w/ mrsa his mother has had it for 2 years and she contracted it from her dying father who was under chemotherapy that weakened his immune system they formed her family that he had a staph ifection but never said it was mrsa when he was at home with temp and knowing he wasnt getting better, he committed suicide a week after his diagnosis w/ this infection. had they known it was mrsa they would have not only seen he was on the CORRECT antibiotics to prevent the suffering he was enduring that was NOT from the cancer,but also to protect themselves. she then unknowing of her contamination went to care for her sister afteran interse spinal surgery which included inserting various hardware. the sister contracted mrsa and the hardware all had to be taken out and she was in intensive care for 6 weeks and almost died (later the whole family contracted it up to a year after the fact) meanwhile, my fiance's mother came home and started breaking out in the sores and told her dr she had mrsa exposure and was afraid that this was possibly what it was. The Dr then told her that due to the loss of her father, she was just greifsticken and due to her mental anguish was inflicting these sores upon herself in self mutilation. all the other drs said something else and now i have it my fiance has it she has it and his father has it and all of this could have been prevented if the first dr in the grandfathers hospital room would have told the truth or even, her dermatologist would have listened
Lisa

Toronto, Canada

#4 Oct 9, 2006
linda wrote:
How do you go about finding out how you contracted MSRA? My doctor said that I was not contagious as long as I kept my wound covered. On Friday, I found out that both of my grandchildren might have it, we are awiting the results from their cultures. I also work with a woman who is 7 monthes pregnant. I am heart broke that I may have given to my grandkids and of course my doctor will not return my calls. Any thought???
I live with my fiance and his family and i was just diagnosed on thursday w/ mrsa his mother has had it for 2 years and she contracted it from her dying father who was under chemotherapy that weakened his immune system they formed her family that he had a staph ifection but never said it was mrsa when he was at home with temp and knowing he wasnt getting better, he committed suicide a week after his diagnosis w/ this infection. had they known it was mrsa they would have not only seen he was on the CORRECT antibiotics to prevent the suffering he was enduring that was NOT from the cancer,but also to protect themselves. she then unknowing of her contamination went to care for her sister afteran interse spinal surgery which included inserting various hardware. the sister contracted mrsa and the hardware all had to be taken out and she was in intensive care for 6 weeks and almost died (later the whole family contracted it up to a year after the fact) meanwhile, my fiance's mother came home and started breaking out in the sores and told her dr she had mrsa exposure and was afraid that this was possibly what it was. The Dr then told her that due to the loss of her father, she was just greifsticken and due to her mental anguish was inflicting these sores upon herself in self mutilation. all the other drs said something else and now i have it my fiance has it she has it and his father has it and all of this could have been prevented if the first dr in the grandfathers hospital room would have told the truth or even, her dermatologist would have listened
Danielle

AOL

#5 Oct 11, 2006
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
Dear Tracey,
Unfortunately i dont have an answer for you. I was wondering how you went about getting a case for your condition. I've had it for 3 months now, due to the incompetence of my Dr. If you have any info you could help me with, i would gladly appreciate it. I hope I'm not being rude by asking you this question in the reply of your question. Well i hope all is well. Thank you Danielle Barton~ [email protected]
Tracy Johnson

Pickerington, OH

#6 Oct 12, 2006
linda wrote:
I contracted it from my workplace because of a nursing error.
Because of medical records of the resident I took care of we were able to identify the exact date and person.
They still do not want to pay.
They are saying they were not aware of the resident having MRSA but his medical records prove different.
T HIggins

Hempstead, NY

#7 Oct 30, 2006
Have you checked www.mrsaawarenes.com to see if the Linnetti family filed a suit?
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
T HIggins

Hempstead, NY

#8 Oct 30, 2006
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
Have you checked www.mrsaawreness.org or .com to see if th eLannetti famil filed a suit?
Cindy CA

Tracy, CA

#9 Nov 5, 2006
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
unfortunately I don't have an answer either, but I am very curious how you established a case? I am almost at my deadline and cannot find someone to take mine. I contracted it during a c-section and was hospitalized and not allowed to see my newborn for 10 days and had to undergo 2 more surgieries and a blood transfusion. I hope you are doing well, but I totally understand your situation, I have since had 2 outbreaks.
delisa

AOL

#10 Nov 6, 2006
Tracy Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I contracted it from my workplace because of a nursing error.
Because of medical records of the resident I took care of we were able to identify the exact date and person.
They still do not want to pay.
They are saying they were not aware of the resident having MRSA but his medical records prove different.
I also am a health care worker with the exact similar siuation. Why if in your siuation the facts are in the medical record, what are the complications??I am just wondering. I am in the beggining stages of filing a lawsuit and any info would be appreciated.
delisa

AOL

#11 Nov 6, 2006
Pleas contact me if any info. E-mail address [email protected]
Shaye

Florence, AL

#12 Nov 6, 2006
Tracy,
I have not heard of anyone having success in a MRSA lawsuit. I have begun filing a suit against the first hospital I was at because they released me from the hospital without reading my cultures because of lack of insurance. I ended up in another local hospital for 2 weeks and the original hospital I was in did not communicate that I was septic with MRSA. I will let you know how everything works out if you would like... successful or not.
Sherry

Fort Campbell, TN

#13 Nov 11, 2006
My Dad is suffering from MRSA. He had an AICD (pacemaker/defibrillator) put in on August 1, 2006. On the morning of October 4, 2006, he woke up with nausea, vomiting, chills, weakness, and a temp of 102. My Mother thought he had contracted a stomach virus. By mid afternoon that day, he was pale, diaphoretic, blood pressure was low, heart was beating out of his chest, and he couldn't hold his head up from the pillow. My Mother decided to call me to see what I thought.(I'm an ER Nurse). We decided to bring him in to the ER where I worked. I couldn't believe how sick he was when I saw him! I knew immediately that he was exhibiting shock symptoms. We did all of the usual labwork, X-Rays, and initiated fluids. Two days later, we learned his blood culture was positive and that it was MRSA. After a 3 week hospital stay with days of the same agonizing symptoms (while on Vancomycin therapy), plus on two occasions, he was close to death, the cardiologist told us the AICD would have to be removed. The blood cultures were still testing positive for MRSA. Of course, we were (and still are) scared knowing he doesn't have a device that he needs in order for his heart to function properly (the entire bottom part of his heart doesn't function). He stayed in the hospital for an additional week after the device was removed. The device (including the leads) were cultured and it has grown MRSA. The day he was discharged, he continued to have symptoms, but Mother and I thought we could handle things at home with the help of home health care. He has continued getting 2 grams of Vancomycin every day via a central line. Home health nurses come twice per week. He has good days and bad days. His heart is already reacting to not having the AICD in place. His heart will slow down and he passes out, but so far, the heart has come back on its own.(These were the problems he was having and the reason for placement of the AICD). The cardiologist will consider putting a new AICD in the opposite side after 8 weeks of Vanc therapy and negative blood cultures.
You know that saying, Live your life day to day? Well, we live ours from hour to hour because we never know what will occur next. Even at this point, we still do not know if he will live or die. It is physically and emotionally hard on my Mother. She has been taking care of my Dad and has had to take leave from her job in order to care for him. This was either hospital acquired or the AICD was contaminated. There is no way I will allow my parents or their insurance company to pay for this bill. Someone else will pay for this or we will be facing them in court!
If anyone has anything they would like to share, please e-mail me.
[email protected]
Linda

Cambridge, MA

#14 Dec 28, 2006
I'm a staff nurse on a medical/surgical floor.. I had a sinus infection that I couldn't get over.. had surgery ..MRSA: was treated with Zyvox by mouth then Cubicin IV for 3 weeks.. Need surgery a second time still MRSA retreated with Cubicin for 6 weeks. I'm now in the process of informal hearing for workman's comp. Has anyone heard of any cases thats had won?
Nancy

Havre De Grace, MD

#15 Jan 14, 2007
Dec 21st, I had a laproscopic procedure done to remove my endometriosis. I saw my dr. 2 weeks after, still in agonizing pain. He said that the incision was healing nicely. I disagreed, but stupidly trusted my dr. A week later, my incision was oozing green stuff, developing abcests and pimples around it. I went to patient first and the dr there took a culture. i was just informed today that I have MRSA. Im currently a nursing student, i dont know everything, but I know enough to know that something was not done, or what was done was not the correct way. The dr that was treating me for it has been neglectful of my needs this entire time. i am 21 years old, i dont know if that has anything to do with anything. After i was off my pain medication for the surgery, i noticed that i was still getting sharp shooting pains from the endo. I went to him a few days later, and he flat out told me that he figured i would come back. apparently i had endometriosis on blood vessels, and he couldnt get it all. shouldnt he have told me that from the very beginning? something just doesnt seem right to me. I feel very neglected, as i have the entire 9 months he has been treating me for my endo. I want to know if there is a lawsuit at hand. If anyone could email me with advice i would really appreciate it. my email is [email protected] Thankyou
Blaine Stanziana

AOL

#16 Jan 24, 2007
Hello,
We have uncovered evidence that another patient was in Mercy Hospital Of Pittsburgh some 4 months being skin grafted who came to the hospital with the Flesh Eating Disease, he was discharged a day or two before my wife of 25 years now went into the same hospital on 10-3-05 for a Hysterectomy we have his name . 6 Hours post surgery my wife contracted the Flesh Eating Disease in her surgery incision, my wife then underwent 7 surgeries in 8 days to save her life, she was on life support for several days. I want to know why Hospital Acquired Infections are such a huge topic these days, my wife contracted the worst infection on the planet in a hospital and is lucky to be alive, we cannot get an attorney to take our case???? Is Mercy hospital going to get away this???? Here are the horrific pictures of what took place. Hospital Acquired Infections kill more people than Car Accidents, AIDS and Breast Cancer Combined!!!! Who is your Attorney???
Blaine Stanziana
Mary Ouellette

United States

#17 Jan 29, 2007
I contacted MRSA after heart surgery. Because of the infection my sternum is open about one inch. The plastic surgeon is considering inserting plates to stabilize the sternum. A nurse has told me that the chance of the MRSA coming back is 75% if I have this surgery. Any comments please email to [email protected]
S Hodge

United States

#18 Jan 30, 2007
Hello
My father passed away on Jan 1, 2007 from MRSA. He had open heart surgery in August of 2006. One day before he was to come home, he developed a high temp,low blood pressure and heart arythmias. He was diagnosed with Sternal MRSA. Within a day or so he went into surgery for debridment. They actually left his chest open with a wound vac attached. The next day they changed his dressing and nicked his heart causing massive bleeding. I wont go into all the surgeries, but in 8 weeks he had 8 emergency open chest surgeries. The last one was to remove his sternum and use his muscle flaps to cover the open space. He got to come home in October of 2006 but he was still on antibiotics until about January of 2007. He had a couple of months that he felt better and we prayed he was on the mends. In the spring he started to complain of chest pains. He was checked by several of his doctors and they just said he was sore from all the surgerys in his chest. In October of 2007 his chest scar open back up and was draining green infection. Finanlly, the doctors retested him and the MRSA had come back, almost a year later. He was so ill from the year before that they would not do anymore debridment surgery and but him back on antibiotics to hopefully keep the infection from getting any worse. Of course, it did not help. Each week he got worse and finally surcome to staphylococcus pnuemonia on Jan 1st. I would assume this message board should contain comments of hope, but mine was taken away. Just everyone, please take MRSA serously and do not take no for an answer from your doctor if you think you may have a reoccuring MRSA event. Thanks for listening.
Jamie

Durham, NC

#19 Feb 5, 2007
I got bit by a spider on top of my foot Jan 23 and went to my doctorJan 26. He said to take anitbotics and then to come back if I developed sores because that means it got infected. Within a day I was in the ER Jan 28 and they said I had a staph infection and I just got a letter today confirming I have MRSA 020507. From everything Iam reading it never goes away. Is this true? I dont know how I got it. The only thing I can think of is when the doctor looked at my spider bite he put my sock on the floor and of course I put it on when I left. Could it have been that? I have been on two oral antibotics since 012807 and today is the last day for them. Is there a test that can be done to confirm if I still have it in my system? Please email me [email protected]
Nadine Raney

Miamisburg, OH

#20 Feb 14, 2007
Tracy Johnson wrote:
[email protected]
Did you by any chance get this at Ohio State Hospital? My mother had a pacemaker installed there on January 12 and she had to go back to the hospital on February 11. She died on February 12 as she was diagnosed with Staph from the pacemaker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MRSA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If its contagious May 16 Liz 1977 1
MRSA on my spine (Aug '10) May 8 PrayforNicholas 19
Getting MRSA Boils Open (Dec '12) May 7 Robinpope1975 89
I Cured my MRSA CYST, please read this very sim... (Jan '10) May 2 Adrienne Marcz 38
Mrsa and boils and folliculitus (Oct '15) Mar '17 Hate boils 4
this is how i beat mrsa,take notice (Aug '09) Mar '17 Mrs bond 186
MRSA and Knee Replacement (Dec '07) Jan '17 jojo 74
More from around the web