Topamax Good for Migraines

Topamax Good for Migraines

There are 13 comments on the About.com story from Nov 2, 2011, titled Topamax Good for Migraines. In it, About.com reports that:

At a meeting of The Migraine Trust International Research Symposium in London on September 23, 2002, a study was presented showing that Topamax treatment can lead to a significant reduction in the frequency of migraine headaches.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

Becky

Champaign, IL

#1 Nov 11, 2011
I take Topamax and it has helped considerably. the drs decided to try the topamax for two reasons i also have seizures it has helped with that also. my migraines have cut back to almost less than one every other month when it use to be one a week.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Becky wrote:
I take Topamax and it has helped considerably. the drs decided to try the topamax for two reasons i also have seizures it has helped with that also. my migraines have cut back to almost less than one every other month when it use to be one a week.
Really? Wow, I was prescribed toppled & it made me sick so I stopped taking it. I see my neurologist tomorrow after having an MRI on my brain. I think I had 25 days of severe headaches this month, at least half being the kind where you can't move & light or sound hurt. I hope they can find a medication that will help me, I can't live like this anymore. I'm glad to hear toppled worked for you, though. That's really terrific. Congrats
weaver

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Nov 21, 2011
Becky wrote:
\

watch the Topamax side effects carefully. Though they helped significantly with my very very severe chronic migraine, the negatives were not worth the benefit. Most especially pay attention to cognitve issues, short term memory, word loss, repeating yourself with out knowing it. This latter occurred at higher doses as well as falling asleep while driving, long bouts of sleep where my husband could not wake me and a visit to ER when I manifested stroke like symptoms. These did not happen right away but with some build up. When I went to a lower dose I was never able to beat the memory problems.

Everyone is an individual and we each respond differently. I just reccomend staying aware and if these or anything even close start with you or anyone on Topamax, that you consider alternative meds. Having had these migraines for almost 40 years I empathize with the incredible difficulty finding medications which truly reduce number and severity. Good luck and take care
Gayla

Lincoln, NE

#4 Nov 21, 2011
I was put on Thyroid medicine but now I'm wondering if it the Topamax or really the generalic. I have been off it for 6 days. I guess I will gain a lot of weight but I want off it.
My DR wants to put me on something else but I read the side effects first.
Sarah

Mclean, VA

#5 Jan 6, 2012
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Topamax)- natural-drugshop.com/item.php... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
teresa

Ashburn, VA

#6 Jan 25, 2012
Sarah wrote:
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Topamax)- natural-drugshop.com/item.php... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
thank you. Service and quality are very good.
Deb H

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2012
Having had daily head pain and chronic migraines for 16 years I finally had a Dr. prescribe Topamax. I have been on it a week and for the first time in 16 years am pain free. Its amazing. I dont have any side affects except that I feel alive, alert and energized. I am on 25mg at night and think I will just remain on that for as long as it works.
mahey

Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

#8 Feb 22, 2012
perhaps "imigran" does the trick...

anyone try that before?

switch to : cafergot?

herbs? nutrients? this is a sure miracle!!
Jose M34 Nelson

France

#10 Feb 4, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Attwood

Sweden

#11 Apr 19, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Olivia

San Diego, CA

#12 May 8, 2013
I am a believer in magnesium. Simple and effective.
Start here: http://themagnesiummiracle.com/what-causes-mi...

This has really helped me out.
Kaitlin

Rovaniemi, Finland

#13 Jul 3, 2013
Useful headache relief methods video

http://youtu.be/FgHcae0YbK0
Steven

UAE

#15 Aug 17, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Migraine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Topamax Reduces Number Of Monthly Migraine Days... (Aug '06) Apr 18 jesposito 257
Migraine Miracle!!!! True Story (Feb '09) Mar '17 Migrainesofhouston 27
Migraine pain (Oct '15) Mar '17 Migrainesofhouston 3
Symptom Tracking App (Sep '16) Sep '16 jessb417 1
Migraines trigger-tea?? (Apr '07) Sep '16 cece 64
Migraine forecast app reduced my wife's migrain... (Aug '16) Aug '16 sibl 1
I healed myself from Chronic migraines! Check o... (Jun '16) Jun '16 HopeVsHeadaches 1
More from around the web