Dr. Marc Siegel: The best way to slow...

Dr. Marc Siegel: The best way to slow Medicaid spending is to help more people escape poverty

There are 37 comments on the Fox News story from Jun 18, 2018, titled Dr. Marc Siegel: The best way to slow Medicaid spending is to help more people escape poverty. In it, Fox News reports that:

Medicaid is now the largest health insurance program in the United State, covering about 74 million Americans with low incomes and disabilities, along with participants in the Children's Health Insurance Program. Medicaid is costing our federal and state governments enormous amounts of money and the costs are growing - rising from $553 billion in the 2016 federal fiscal year to $565 billion in 2017.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 18, 2018
when illegals and ghetto trash show up at the ER, with no insurance, they should be give a couple of aspirin, and directions to the bus station, and a voucher for free transportation back to the border.

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 18, 2018
whitetrashinbredgenius wrote:
Mr. Inbred Genius ^up there still sleeps with his mother. What a kid!
maw sez im the best tongue kisser in the family, but truth is, sis is pretty good too
HindTeatSuckers No More

Patchogue, NY

#6 Jun 18, 2018
Black unemployment at an all time low under the Trump Administration. That should get many African Americans off the gubmint teat thereby slowing Medicaid as a corollary.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 18, 2018
inbred Genius wrote:
when illegals and ghetto trash show up at the ER, with no insurance, they should be give a couple of aspirin, and directions to the bus station, and a voucher for free transportation back to the border.
You should be given a short ride on a guillotine, cracker.
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 18, 2018
HindTeatSuckers No More wrote:
Black unemployment at an all time low under the Trump Administration. That should get many African Americans off the gubmint teat thereby slowing Medicaid as a corollary.
Another racist clown.
Christshariahns

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2018
I suppose dying in the meantime counts as an "escape" from poverty.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#11 Jun 18, 2018
How do you help people escape poverty?
If you believe Republicans, you make sure they get jobs.
If you believe Democrats, you make sure they get phones.

Roswell, GA

#13 Jun 18, 2018
well, its almost the end of the day, and Trump is still Prez....chalk up another W in the win column
mr gleeble

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 18, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
If you believe Republicans, you're a f------g moron. "Jobs?" Jobs are being taken away from Americans by RepubliKlans, you liar! lol
Christshariahns

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Jun 18, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a Reagan program, chromosomally defective white supremacist.

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#17 Jun 18, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
Two replies, both from Democrat sympathizers.
Both ridiculing and neither offering anything substantive as an alternative.

Any wonder why they believe the Democrats represent them?
Christshariahns

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jun 18, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Two replies, both from Democrat sympathizers.
Both ridiculing and neither offering anything substantive as an alternative.

Any wonder why they believe the Democrats represent them?
I pointed out you're an ignorant liar about the "free phones" program. That was Reagan's, not Obama's. The reason you told that ignorant lie is the same reason animating most of your posts - you're a lying white supremacist who doesn't know anything.

Now, of course you don't find my reply helpful or instructive. It's fact based.

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#19 Jun 18, 2018
Christshariahns wrote:
<quoted text>

I pointed out you're an ignorant liar about the "free phones" program. That was Reagan's, not Obama's. The reason you told that ignorant lie is the same reason animating most of your posts - you're a lying white supremacist who doesn't know anything.

Still nothing constructive to offer, I see.
Not surprised.
Why would a Progressive want to slow Medicaid spending, especially if it involved helping people escape poverty?
RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#20 Jun 18, 2018
Christshariahns wrote:
<quoted text>

Fact based? In a pig‘s eve. They didn‘t have cell phones durimg Reagan‘s presidency.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Jun 18, 2018
Maybe the Pharmeseutical companies need to lower their cost of medicenes!!!!! A toe medicine costs 2,000.00 for a teeny tiny bottle for goodness sakes! Lets get to the heart of the problem.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Jun 18, 2018
Welp, 7.50 hr don't go too far..........

The salaries are not meeting up with the cost of inflation. Peoples are choosong forrd over meds. all the time, even resorting to eating dog or cat food.
Jackie

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Jun 18, 2018
typo - food.
RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#24 Jun 18, 2018
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>

Still nothing constructive to offer, I see.
Not surprised.
Why would a Progressive want to slow Medicaid spending, especially if it involved helping people escape poverty?
Has this person ever had anything constructive to offer? And, as for fact based? In a pig‘s eye. Free phones were Reagan‘s idea, not Obama‘s? Cell phones, if there even were any during Reagan‘s presidency, were a novelty and coverage was spotty, due to there being so few towers. They didn‘t even start advertising the free phones on TV until after Obama became president. I know several people who have these phones. Guess what they call them? Obama phones!

“Yeah, but...”

MILKY WAY

#25 Jun 18, 2018
Jackie wrote:
Welp, 7.50 hr don't go too far..........

The salaries are not meeting up with the cost of inflation. Peoples are choosong forrd over meds. all the time, even resorting to eating dog or cat food.
So, your solution to slow Medicaid spending is to reduce the cost of dog and cat food.
What about the vegans?
RedSoxFan-inGeor gia

United States

#26 Jun 18, 2018
Jackie wrote:
typo - food.
I typed “durimg” instead of during in one of my posts, easy to do with a flip phone LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicaid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Nov 12 Psych Path Bikes 289
News Obamacare Just Won a Huge Election Victory Nov 11 C Kersey 1
News Arkansas governor defends Medicaid work rule in... Nov 4 TipsyFromCentralC... 2
News GOP Gov: Brewer Defends Medicaid Expansion: 'We... (Jun '13) Nov 3 Obama wins again 55
News Ohio's Daniel Best, who led HHS precription dru... Nov 3 d45toledo 1
News Medicaid, immigration, climate top Idaho 1st Di... Nov 2 Celia H 2
News Medicaid expansion becomes key issue in GOP-lea... Oct 22 Smack The Left 2