Fate of 'uninsurables' hinges on Supr...

Fate of 'uninsurables' hinges on Supreme Court

There are 18 comments on the WTOP-FM Washington story from May 18, 2012, titled Fate of 'uninsurables' hinges on Supreme Court. In it, WTOP-FM Washington reports that:

Cancer patient Kathy Watson voted Republican in 2008 and believes the government has no right telling Americans to get health insurance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP-FM Washington.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 May 18, 2012
and i have every confidence the supremes will make the correct decision...
and rule obama care unconstitutional...

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 May 18, 2012
<<<WASHINGTON (AP)- Cancer patient Kathy Watson voted Republican in 2008 and believes the government has no right telling Americans to get health insurance. Nonetheless, she says she'd be dead if it weren't for President Barack Obama's health care law.>>>

No, you wouldn't be dead you irresponsible jackass. You'd do like there rest of your uninsured friends do....walk out on the bill. Stick it to the hospital or the doctor. Let those of us who ARE insured pay extra because of YOU.

You can't afford to pay your own way, but you're too damned stubborn to realize YOUR medical care costs someone else. You're like a welfare case...only in a round about way. While the tax payer foots the bill for Medicaid patients, those of us who are insured also foot the bill for people like YOU.

Dumb asses. Every last one of you. You're cutting your own nose off to spite your face. Health care costs are out of control and it won't be too much longer before only those rich politicians you vote for will be able to afford it.
David Obeer III

Carol Stream, IL

#3 May 18, 2012
carey529 wrote:
and i have every confidence the supremes will make the correct decision...
and rule obama care unconstitutional...
missing dr. Bill Wattsion! he wil bee on sooon Karey511;)
David Obeer III

Carol Stream, IL

#4 May 18, 2012
dr. Bill...u r ill yes/ter-day!;) Carey tryin still da japeatee show frem you;-00

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 May 18, 2012
carey529 wrote:
and i have every confidence the supremes will make the correct decision...
and rule obama care unconstitutional...
Well we'll find out soon enough, since the court usually ends for summer recess in June.

Just one question. If the healthcare mandate is overturned, what's the GOP plan for insuring the estimated 40-60 million who are unable to get health insurance? Or are they just on their own, with "sucks to be them" attitude?? You do realize we ALL pay for that in higher insurance premiums & medical costs when all those millions of uninsured got to the E.R. for their primary care needs.
CYNIC

Washington, DC

#6 May 18, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
<<<WASHINGTON (AP)- Cancer patient Kathy Watson voted Republican in 2008 and believes the government has no right telling Americans to get health insurance. Nonetheless, she says she'd be dead if it weren't for President Barack Obama's health care law.>>>
No, you wouldn't be dead you irresponsible jackass. You'd do like there rest of your uninsured friends do....walk out on the bill. Stick it to the hospital or the doctor. Let those of us who ARE insured pay extra because of YOU.
You can't afford to pay your own way, but you're too damned stubborn to realize YOUR medical care costs someone else. You're like a welfare case...only in a round about way. While the tax payer foots the bill for Medicaid patients, those of us who are insured also foot the bill for people like YOU.
Dumb asses. Every last one of you. You're cutting your own nose off to spite your face. Health care costs are out of control and it won't be too much longer before only those rich politicians you vote for will be able to afford it.
The chemo must have affected her brain; because if Ms. Watson did as she says she believes, she would simply say no; and go die in the woods.
Yet she clings to life, another GOP liar.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#7 May 18, 2012
The rethug plan for the uninsured-----DIE!!
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 May 18, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we'll find out soon enough, since the court usually ends for summer recess in June.
Just one question. If the healthcare mandate is overturned, what's the GOP plan for insuring the estimated 40-60 million who are unable to get health insurance? Or are they just on their own, with "sucks to be them" attitude?? You do realize we ALL pay for that in higher insurance premiums & medical costs when all those millions of uninsured got to the E.R. for their primary care needs.
So if the the supreme court throws out a mandate created by Democrats in 2008 on the grounds that it is unconstitutional then the GOP did something wrong and is responsible to replace it?

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#9 May 18, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we'll find out soon enough, since the court usually ends for summer recess in June.
Just one question. If the healthcare mandate is overturned, what's the GOP plan for insuring the estimated 40-60 million who are unable to get health insurance? Or are they just on their own, with "sucks to be them" attitude?? You do realize we ALL pay for that in higher insurance premiums & medical costs when all those millions of uninsured got to the E.R. for their primary care needs.
first of all, the 40-60 million number is grossly inflated by the administration. closer to half. secondly, the majority of people who go to emergency room for non-emergency care HAVE insurance. thirdly, if the act passes, what do you think the "death panels" do with end-of-life decisions? sure, it may have been exaggerated, but they WILL be making decisions as to who gets care. if you are deemed not worth it, then indeed, it will suck to be you...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 May 18, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we'll find out soon enough, since the court usually ends for summer recess in June.
Just one question. If the healthcare mandate is overturned, what's the GOP plan for insuring the estimated 40-60 million who are unable to get health insurance? Or are they just on their own, with "sucks to be them" attitude?? You do realize we ALL pay for that in higher insurance premiums & medical costs when all those millions of uninsured got to the E.R. for their primary care needs.
Attention YouTheMoron!!! To assume an eastern bloc marxist style democRat government mandate that forces people to jump up and purchase a product that common sense says is a decision based on a household's or individual's budget is as dumb as it gets. Far too many morons think that having obamacare will somehow save their lives when there is just so much medicine and doctors can and will do especially for the peasants. In other words an apple a day would be better than obamacare because obama cares only about himself.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 May 18, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
The rethug plan for the uninsured-----DIE!!
Attention Stew Pid!!! Hurry up caring teary eyed democRats claiming they so concerned about the sick and dying passed a law that was said to help...Problem is the law would not take effect for 3 years...In the meantime it's so much for the sick and dying...democRat style. GFY

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 May 18, 2012
The lord marshal b. h. obama and friends…

“I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers’ house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress,” said Dr. Quentin Young, a prominent Chicago physician and advocate for single-payer health care, of the informal gathering at the home of Ayers and his wife, Dohrn.“[Palmer] identified [Obama] as her successor.”
Obama and Palmer “were both there,” he said.
Obama’s connections to Ayers and Dorhn have been noted in some fleeting news coverage in the past. But the visit by Obama to their home — part of a campaign courtship — reflects more extensive interaction than has been previously reported.

For many years b. h obama associated very closely with bill ayers. What kind of moron associates with a self proclaimed communist who has a criminal rap sheet a mile long? What kind of moron associates with anyone who advocated killing parents? What kind of moron associates with anyone who designed a bomb that blew up killing his girlfriend and two comrades? To make matters far worse that bomb was intended for US Soldiers stationed at Fort Dix NJ and would be attending a dance with civilians. The radical self-serving moron in question is b. h. obama the POTUS and CINC…all thanks to the politically inept history illiterates who vote.

A bit of Barack Obama's pal Bill Ayers' political views... In an interview published in 1995, Ayers characterized his political beliefs at that time (1995) and in the 1960s and 1970s: "I am a radical, Leftist, small 'c' communist ...[Laughs] Maybe I'm the last communist who is willing to admit it.[Laughs] We have always been small 'c' communists in the sense that we were never in the [Communist] party and never Stalinists. The ethics of Communism still appeal to me. I don't like Lenin as much as the early Marx. I also like Henry David Thoreau, Mother Jones and Jane Addams [...]"[27] In 1970 Ayers was called "a national leader"[28] of the Weatherman organization and "one of the chief theoreticians of the Weathermen".[ 29] The Weathermen were initially part of the Revolutionary Youth Movement (RYM) within the SDS, splitting from the RYM's Maoists by claiming there was no time to build a vanguard party and that revolutionary war against the United States government and the capitalist system should begin immediately. Their founding document called for the establishment of a "white fighting force" to be allied with the "Black Liberation Movement" and other "anti-colonial" movements[30] to achieve "the destruction of US imperialism and the achievement of a classless world: world communism."[3 1] In June 1974, the Weather Underground released a 151-page volume titled Prairie Fire, which stated: "We are a guerrilla organization [...] We are communist women and men underground in the United States.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/863...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 May 18, 2012
Caring democRats eager to throw the good men, women and children of Iraq to the wolves...

• Democrat John Kerry, Feb. 2007: "The simple fact is that sending in over 20,000 additional troops isn't the answer--in fact, it's a tragic mistake. It won't end the violence; it won't provide security; ...it won't turn back the clock and avoid the civil war that is already underway; it won't deter terrorists, who have a completely different agenda; it won't rein in the militias."
• Democrat Dennis Kucinich, Feb. 2007: "It has been proven time and time again that troop surges don't work."
• Democrat Harry Reid, Apr. 2007: "The war is lost... This surge is not accomplishing anything."
• Democrat Christopher Dodd, Apr. 2007: "We don't need a surge of troops in Iraq... there is no military solution in Iraq. To insist upon a surge is wrong."
• Democrat Barack Obama, Jul. 2007: "My assessment is that the surge has not worked."
• Democrat Dick Durbin, Aug. 2007: "By carefully manipulating the statistics, the Bush-Petraeus report will try to persuade us that violence in Iraq is decreasing and thus the surge is working. Even if the figures were right, the conclusion is wrong."
• Democrat Jan Schakowsky, Aug. 2007: "I believe overall the surge is a failure....It’s clear to me we cannot win..."
• Democrat Joe Biden, Sep. 2007: "We should stop the surge and start bringing our troops home...[When asked whether Iraq closer to political reconciliation than before the surge began, and would continuing the operation stop the killing between Sunnis, Shi'ites and Kurds?]...The answer to both those questions is no."
• Democrat John Kerry, Sep. 2007: ""The president's escalation ... has failed to achieve its goal of bringing about a resolution of the fundamental conflict between Sunni and Shi'ite."
• Democrat Chris Dodd, Sep. 2007: "It pains me to say that ... the surge tactic is a failure — and that failure is reconfirmed everyday by unfolding events in Iraq."
• Democrat Barack Obama, Oct. 2007: "[The surge is a] complete failure... Iraq’s leaders are not reconciling. They are not achieving political benchmarks."
• Democrat Harry Reid, Nov. 2007: "It is indisputable that the goals of the surge have failed."
• Democrat Joe Biden, Nov. 2007: "This whole notion that the surge is working is fantasy."
• Democrat Nancy Pelosi, Feb. 2008: "There haven't been gains [in Iraq]... The gains have not produced the desired effect, which is the reconciliation of Iraq. This is a failure. This is a failure."
• Democrat Carl Levin, Apr. 2008: "...the purpose of the surge as announced by President Bush last year... has not been achieved"
• Democrat Joe Biden, Apr. 2008: "The purpose of the surge was to bring violence in Iraq down so that its leaders could come together politically. Violence has come down, but the Iraqis have not come together... We Democrats understand that this war must end..."
• Democrat Bill Richardson, Jun. 2008: "[when asked if he was ready to concede that John McCain had been right in proposing the surge, said] "Absolutely not."

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14 May 18, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, the 40-60 million number is grossly inflated by the administration. closer to half. secondly, the majority of people who go to emergency room for non-emergency care HAVE insurance. thirdly, if the act passes, what do you think the "death panels" do with end-of-life decisions? sure, it may have been exaggerated, but they WILL be making decisions as to who gets care. if you are deemed not worth it, then indeed, it will suck to be you...
Maybe you need to work in healthcare BEFORE you rattle your trap. Of the two hospitals my physicians work out of one is nearly 97% Medicaid or uninsured. 97%!!!!!! That hospital has been close to shutting down several times. Were it not for subsidies (yes, those things TAXPAYERS pay for) this hospital would be gone... and with it the Level One trauma center and burn unit that services a large portion of the state.

The other hospital my physicians work out of is approximately 70% Medicaid and uninsured. This facility is a little luckier because it is helped by a charitable foundation.

Hospitals all over the country are struggling because of the lack of revenue and the huge number of Medicaid cases and people who can't or won't pay. You have no idea how close our healthcare system is to coming unglued. We are simply one disaster, one pandemic away from an epic healthcare failure.

Health insurance companies have been making RECORD profits for the last several years. They are doing NOTHING to help the situation.

And please let me put your fears to rest. There is NO SUCH THING AS A DEATH PANEL. My friend, right now, as our healthcare system stands, you are very likely to die from lack of care if your health insurance is substandard or non-existent. Regardless of what you think you know, outside of an emergency room which by law must stabilize you, a hospital or doctor has no legal obligation to treat you. If you have a brain tumor the size of Rhode Island, there is NO law that says anyone has to give you chemo or radiation treatment or any other form of care.

Yes, you might be able to find a doctor to take you on as a patient, but if you survive you'll wish you hadn't because then you'll owe hundreds of thousands of dollars for which you'll have to sell your home, your car and everything else you own to pay for that medical care. If you die, believe me your heirs will get nothing because your medical expenses WILL be paid from your estate before anything else is distributed.

You folks had better wake and realize that you can either continue this primitive form of hit or miss healthcare OR you can grow up and accept that things MUST change in order to get control of the situation.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 May 18, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the the supreme court throws out a mandate created by Democrats in 2008 on the grounds that it is unconstitutional then the GOP did something wrong and is responsible to replace it?
Since the GOP controls the House of Representatives and has enough Senators to filibuster any legislation, and since the GOP opposes the current healtcare bill, I'm asking what is the GOP plan for insuring the 40-60 million people who can't get insurance?

Are they just s.o.l.? Are the rest of us expected to pay for their care though higher insurance premiums and higher hospital costs?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 May 18, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, the 40-60 million number is grossly inflated by the administration. closer to half. secondly, the majority of people who go to emergency room for non-emergency care HAVE insurance. thirdly, if the act passes, what do you think the "death panels" do with end-of-life decisions? sure, it may have been exaggerated, but they WILL be making decisions as to who gets care. if you are deemed not worth it, then indeed, it will suck to be you...
Insurance companies ALREADY make the same 'end-of-life' decisions when they decide what to cover; nothing changes under the current healthcare plan.

Even if it is only 20-30 million uninsured, eventually they WILL need medical care and their only option will be to go to the emergency room where the rest of us end up picking up the tab.

So I'll ask again, what is the GOP plan to take care of the millions who are unable to get health insurance?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#17 May 18, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention YouTheMoron!!! To assume an eastern bloc marxist style democRat government mandate that forces people to jump up and purchase a product that common sense says is a decision based on a household's or individual's budget is as dumb as it gets. Far too many morons think that having obamacare will somehow save their lives when there is just so much medicine and doctors can and will do especially for the peasants. In other words an apple a day would be better than obamacare because obama cares only about himself.
So you don't mind paying higher premiums and healthcare costs to pay for the medical care of those unable or unwilling to get health insurance??

Or are you one of those slackers who choose not to have insurance and just go to the ER to freeload off the rest of us??
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

#18 May 18, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention Stew Pid!!! Hurry up caring teary eyed democRats claiming they so concerned about the sick and dying passed a law that was said to help...Problem is the law would not take effect for 3 years...In the meantime it's so much for the sick and dying...democRat style. GFY
Obviously you are a few french fries short of a happy meal! Now run along and go back to jerking off while reading ayn rand!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lymphoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pharmacist - viagra can cause blue, blurry vision Apr '16 Huff 1
tadalafil (cialis) in the treatment of erectile... Apr '16 Medina 2
News Study shows inferior outcomes for African-Ameri... Feb '16 Enough Said 17
News As Ruble Nosedives, Russians Are Priced Out Of ... Feb '16 MAD RasPUTIN 2
News Young African Americans, Hispanics fare worse w... Jan '16 Carl 1
News Doctor fulfills 20-year promise to woman diagno... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Question 2
News UPDATE 1-WHO agency says insecticides lindane a... (Sep '15) Sep '15 SOS_911 3
More from around the web