VA adds three more diseases to Agent ...

VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'presumptive' list

There are 34 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Nov 18, 2009, titled VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'presumptive' list. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The Department of Veterans Affairs recently added three more "presumed" illnesses associated with Agent Orange exposure both in and outside of Vietnam.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No One special

Georgetown, TX

#1 Nov 18, 2009
I seem to remember Agent Orange being sprayed inside Camp pendleton...but i was a child. A good friend just died of parkinsonian Symptoms...he was stationed at Khe Sahn mostly( 67-68). I wish the military would have figured this crap out back in the 60's before...not after, dadburnit.
Tell The Whole Story

Santa Rosa, CA

#2 Nov 18, 2009
In the rest of the industrialized world, you just go see the doctor no matter what's wrong or how it happened!

In the U.S. corporate profits are protected, sending 100,000 into bankruptcy each year from illness. 25% of the homeless are vets!
omonous

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2009
David Rockefeller was the CEO Executive that oversaw Monsanto Corporation. Monsanto Corporation manufactured Agent Orange under contract by the United States Military. It was sprayed as a defoliant all around the jungles and river foliage in order to weed out the VC. It was also stored and transported in close proximity of US Army, Navy, and Marines.
The deadly toxicity of Agent Orange has been medically proven and documented in medical journals to go so far as to cause genetic damage to the children of those exposed to it in Vietnam.
The liability belongs with Monsanto Corporation for providing the US Military with a deadly defoliant spray when they knew US Servicemen and women would be exposed to their unsafe product.
Billzebob

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2009
Praise Hell Satan Rockefeller!
U S Sailor gone

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2009
My husband just died from the effects of Agent Orange, Prostate cancer, Lung ,lymph node, bone and liver cancer. In Vietnam '65-66' on the rivers, in a YFU. Yet to hear from the VA. He gave more than his 20 years of service.
Boomer Girl

Arcata, CA

#6 Nov 19, 2009
U S Sailor gone wrote:
My husband just died from the effects of Agent Orange, Prostate cancer, Lung ,lymph node, bone and liver cancer. In Vietnam '65-66' on the rivers, in a YFU. Yet to hear from the VA. He gave more than his 20 years of service.
I am so sorry for your loss and God bless your husband for his years of service.
auntonomous

United States

#7 Nov 19, 2009
omonous wrote:
David Rockefeller was the CEO Executive that oversaw Monsanto Corporation. Monsanto Corporation manufactured Agent Orange under contract by the United States Military. It was sprayed as a defoliant all around the jungles and river foliage in order to weed out the VC. It was also stored and transported in close proximity of US Army, Navy, and Marines.
The deadly toxicity of Agent Orange has been medically proven and documented in medical journals to go so far as to cause genetic damage to the children of those exposed to it in Vietnam.
The liability belongs with Monsanto Corporation for providing the US Military with a deadly defoliant spray when they knew US Servicemen and women would be exposed to their unsafe product.
The Air Force guys also were exposed to it. Agent Orange was sprayed from planes.
Carl Young

United States

#8 Nov 19, 2009
No One special wrote:
I seem to remember Agent Orange being sprayed inside Camp pendleton...but i was a child. A good friend just died of parkinsonian Symptoms...he was stationed at Khe Sahn mostly( 67-68). I wish the military would have figured this crap out back in the 60's before...not after, dadburnit.
Check-out the following website for other areas exposed to AO

Veterans maybe eligible that served at government facilities, both stateside and in other countries, can access the locations where the Department of Defense (DOD) did projects testing, disposing of, and storing herbicides and other harmful materials. The following site is listing of those locations acknowleged by the DOD. http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agen...
Carl Young

United States

#9 Nov 19, 2009
omonous wrote:
I believe liability belongs with both the DOD and the folks that produced AO. The DOD wanted increased dosages to get the vegatation out of the way within 24 hours.
Carl Young

United States

#10 Nov 19, 2009
U S Sailor gone wrote:
I'm sorry about your loss. When did you file a claim with the VA? We're the aliment(s) associated with his passing recognized by the VA at the time?

Please let me know at my email address [email protected]
Carl Young

United States

#11 Nov 21, 2009
Good morning, after reviewing my article I realized I missed one other "presumptive illness" recognized by the Department of Veterans Affairs. It is AL amyloidosis -- a rare incurable disease that can lead to organ failure and death -- has been recognized as a service-connected illness related to herbicide exposure.

Sorry about about that
Carl Young

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2009
auntonomous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Air Force guys also were exposed to it. Agent Orange was sprayed from planes.
H.R. 2254,“The Agent Orange Equity Act of 2009.” This bill will help expand the presumption of service connection for diseases associated with exposure to veterans that served in the Republic of Vietnam's inland waterways, ports, harbors, waters offshore, and airspace above.

Have faith is will become law
Snaproll

Newbury Park, CA

#13 Sep 8, 2010
There was Agent Orange in use at Camp Pendleton. I was stationed at Mt Laguna AFS in 70. After "Weathermen" threats, the CO obtained two drums from Pendleton to use at Mt Laguna to create a clear zone around the base perimeter.
Snaproll

Newbury Park, CA

#14 Jan 15, 2011
Just heard Camp Pendleton environmental folks are cleaning up after digging up 35 drums of agent orange...

Since: Jun 10

United States

#15 Jan 28, 2011
Carl Young.....Thank you for providing the info to Sailor is gone. We're all sorry for her loss.

I'm afraid AO was probably used everywhere by DOD as a weed killer. I found a few 55 gallon drums of it in a CDF warehouse a few years back.

Xin Loi
Ernest Jones

Los Molinos, CA

#16 Jan 29, 2011
Snaproll wrote:
There was Agent Orange in use at Camp Pendleton. I was stationed at Mt Laguna AFS in 70. After "Weathermen" threats, the CO obtained two drums from Pendleton to use at Mt Laguna to create a clear zone around the base perimeter.
I was exposed to Agent Orange at Camp Pendleton in 1968, and again in 1970. It is the cause of my VA disability.
Snaproll

Newbury Park, CA

#17 Feb 1, 2011
I file a claim last year for prostate cancer and cited TCE exposure as the cause (4 years of use) instead of AO. I figured it would be a long fight with the VA proving the domestic use of AO. If turned down, I guess I will have to open up the can of worms and prove the AO use - Just happen to have a picture of AO drums at Mt Laguna ( color picture shows the 4 inch orange band on the drum).

Since: Jun 10

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#18 Feb 2, 2011
Snaproll wrote:
I file a claim last year for prostate cancer and cited TCE exposure as the cause (4 years of use) instead of AO. I figured it would be a long fight with the VA proving the domestic use of AO. If turned down, I guess I will have to open up the can of worms and prove the AO use - Just happen to have a picture of AO drums at Mt Laguna ( color picture shows the 4 inch orange band on the drum).
Can of worms is right Snaproll but it was used state side. We found it at FT.'s Eustis and Carson in the early 70's. Make copies of that photo Bro! This web site may be useful to you.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agen...

Do you have someone helping you with your claim IE: VVA, VFW, DAV, AM Legion, AmVets ect? They don't charge to provide you with an experienced service officer. We recommend the VVA in your case.

All the best to you.
Agent K

United States

#19 Feb 2, 2011
We should use the contents of the drums to annihilate methcamps, felons, and scumbums.
Snaproll

United States

#20 Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for the comments and web site. I filed through DAV (Life Member) but have received questionable assistance. New claim has been going on 8 months and I also have an appeal now over 13 months. Guess the VA hopes more vets die off waiting for decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lymphoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tiger dies of cancer at Indiana animal sanctuary Nov 26 Tigerlady57 1
News 'Think of the kitties': Smokers give cats cancer Nov 23 Pete 1
News Helping ease cancer battle (Feb '09) Nov '17 martin garey 8
News Can the Sunshine Vitamin Help Lymphoma Patients? Jul '17 duh 1
News Support umbilical cord blood banking (Apr '09) Jun '17 Anonymous 7
News Columnist, MSU spokesman Salter diagnosed with ... (May '17) May '17 Paperboy 1
News Seattle Genetics Demonstrates Commitment to Imp... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Rockstar 2
More from around the web