Community Holds Auction to Help Waynesboro Man Battling Cancer - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA N...

A Waynesboro man has been battling cancer for years and the community responded in a big way Friday night. Full Story
madonor

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 15, 2012
I know Tommy, I am so sorry to hear this about him. Wonderful man. He is in my prayers.
god-fearer

Scottsville, VA

#2 Sep 15, 2012
THAT's great! to see community support for their friend.

BUT, shouldn't the community also support health care access for EVERYONE?

Including people who are not their friends, who are strangers, people they don't like, and people not yet born?

That is what Affordable Care Act tries to do.

And, if they don't like that Act, what are they supporting to replace it?

After all, bake sales, fund raisers, etc will care for very few people, for a very little time, and for only a limited amount of treatment.

The Law of Christ is to bear each other's burdens (Galatians 6.2). A personal fund raiser does that. So does affordable, accessible health care insurance.
Blackhawk57

Waynesboro, VA

#3 Sep 16, 2012
god-fearer wrote:
THAT's great! to see community support for their friend.
BUT, shouldn't the community also support health care access for EVERYONE?
Including people who are not their friends, who are strangers, people they don't like, and people not yet born?
That is what Affordable Care Act tries to do.
And, if they don't like that Act, what are they supporting to replace it?
After all, bake sales, fund raisers, etc will care for very few people, for a very little time, and for only a limited amount of treatment.
The Law of Christ is to bear each other's burdens (Galatians 6.2). A personal fund raiser does that. So does affordable, accessible health care insurance.
You have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Happiness includes the right to live a healthy life and buy medical insurance for yourself. I don't want to pay for YOUR health insurance. Obviously you are a democrat and democrats tend to think emotionally rather than logically. We ALL want better medical coverage but NOT some government plan rammed down our throats by democrats. Hopefully the 'Affordable Care Act' as you call it will be eradicated from law and something sensible be put in place after we elect a new president.
Blackhawk57

Waynesboro, VA

#4 Sep 16, 2012
Please allow me to correct myself... Rather than saying " Hopefully the 'Affordable Care Act' as you call it will be eradicated from law and something sensible be put in place after we elect a new president." -- how about the government just leave us the hell alone and let US decide who we buy our medical insurance from and let the marketplace decide who does it best and let the consumers decide and Capitalism prevail! Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lymphoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do You Believe in Magic?' by Paul Offit (Jul '13) Nov 30 sakshi11 2
Kidney Transplants Boost Cancer Risk (Dec '06) Oct '14 goats milk is mus... 7
Students support friend by shaving their heads Sep '14 love and light Tammy 1
Flint boxer Anthony Dirrell battles cancer (Aug '07) Sep '14 sandrawright 7
VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'pr... (Nov '09) Aug '14 meathead01 34
Secondhand smoke as harmful to pets as people Jul '14 Hank 4
Minaj makes girl's wish come true (Apr '14) Apr '14 Nicki Minaj 1
More from around the web