Doctor In Trouble for Lyme Disease Tr...

Doctor In Trouble for Lyme Disease Treatment

There are 70 comments on the WITN story from Jun 16, 2006, titled Doctor In Trouble for Lyme Disease Treatment. In it, WITN reports that:

The latest battle in the Lyme Disease struggle is being waged in North Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WITN.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Calgary, Canada

#64 Aug 20, 2012
Often I feel angry knowing I'm gradually suffocating to death, and knowing I am rapidly heading toward paralysis with often huge heart-attack like spasms and constant spinal and chest pain. It's kind of like being stabbed to death, slowly.
Even though the first diagnosis said I had it and the second said not, I get angry when doctors tell me that I need a psychiatrist when I can feel bugs crawling in my skin because there is no doubt that the tests are faulty, especially since the first one detected antibodies to three types of Lyme and I am dying rapidly.
I get angry when I get one killer disease after another and when they tell me not to worry as my blood platelets continue to drop every month to dangerously ow levels.
I get angry struggling so hard to breathe. The air comes in but the oxygen not so it leaves me with a constantly anxious feeling that I will die any minute.
I get especially angry when doctors like this are fired for trying to help patients like me. I wish we had this type of doctor in Canada because so many of us are dying without his hands. Hopefully the dead souls will have the ability to judge those who killed them for profit, and will spare those who tried to do good deeds on earth. Those types of doctors are basically martyrs for the rest of us. May this doctor live in prosperity and have the dead souls assist him in his every move.
For some reason I can't believe that the close relatives of politicians would be forced to undergo such painful spasms.
Until we take away the rights of politicians to have access to medical care themselves, let alone the best medical care in the land, I don't think they will ever understand what it feels like to die a slow and torturous painful death.
I hope karma comes back on all of those people responsible for our deaths, with one of the biggest curses of mankind.
Fortunately, for all of us, Karma usually does return. Let them experience the very same so they can finally mourn over their own evil the way the rest of us have had to mourn while awaiting our own deaths or by watching the deaths of others caused by little more than the need for greed.
Politicians can't tell you they have no money to treat this disease when every week they waste thousands, and sometimes millions, left, right and centre. Their souls won't be spared by assuming the "Pontious Pilate" role either.

Asheboro, NC

#66 Sep 30, 2013
I was recently diagnosed with Lyme disease. My physician's office simply called me, told me that I was positive, sent a prescription to the pharmacy and not one more work spoken about this crazy illness. Where is the best place to look or read to get accurate, up-to-date information.

Thanks so much.

Asheboro, NC

#67 Sep 30, 2013
I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease a couple of weeks ago. At the time my physician drew blood to test me, he put me on prednisone as well as other medications. Now I'm reading that patients with Lyme should, under no circumstances,take prednisone.
johanna r

Calabash, NC

#69 Oct 28, 2013
Cant find doc in nc...I am a nj girl..but the ticks here are tons. I only believe in llmds as ive had Lyme for 25 yrs..but who the hell can afford dr jemsek? Thats a sin. Ripping off sick ppl. No he shoukdnt have lost his license in nc for treating Lyme...but for being sickly greedy...yes...a lot of others too...why cant there be a happy medium..a good lyme doc w reasonable prices...
Lawrence Squire

Swarthmore, PA

#70 Nov 12, 2013
Hey- I'm from southeast PA. Diagnosed and treated for Lyme back in '07. Doc just gave me oral doxycycline, felt better, livable up until this past August.
Hearing went out in right ear. ENT doc gave me prednisone. Seizures, massive at first and repeating into October. Lyme symptoms erupted with a vengeance. Aching all over, chest pains so it hurts to breathe still. Severe, chronic fatigue, memory loss, tremors, sleep disorder, depression, irritability, etc.
Now on IV for 4 month treatment and meeting many others who experienced the same situation thanks to prednisone/steroids.
My question is how can any competent doctor prescribe this crap to someone that provided his background with a history of Lyme?
Also, just found two brands of prednisone online recently discontinued in the U.S.
What gives?

Salisbury, NC

#73 May 18, 2015
There are two Lyme literate docs in NC. Dr. Pittman in Raleigh, and Robinhood Integrative Medicine in Winston-Salem, who now has 2-3 docs. I also have connective tissue dz, old mono, blah blah blah. It's been a tough ride for many years but my Western Blot came back positive. Just started a protocol. Read the book, "Why Can't I Get Well?" by Dr. Horowitz, I think his first name is Richard. On Amazon. I'm a nurse in grad school.

Newark, DE

#76 Sep 15, 2015
lori lawhead wrote:
I agree with annie! I feel that all of the ignorant doctors should be sued and licenses take away and the ones that are willing to help us? leave them alone!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone here heard of BX protocol from the Delta Institute. I saw a video of testimonials of individuals that had lyme disease or helped with BX protocol. Again I ask is anyone heard of it or has used it

London, UK

#81 Jan 6, 2016
mariestie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called Mal practice. My daughter got lyme when she was 12 mos old. She had the bulls eye but not by the time we went to the other Dr.s She was refused by over 5 Dr.s for Lyme. I still pushed on. I got her amoxy for 6 weeks. She was a new child after that. I got some of the Dr.s fired later. How is your son now? Test his IGG. Get a infectous disease dr. for kids.
Hello I would like to know how is your daughter doing now?and who is the doctor helped her To get better?Yhank you!
Lime Pecker

Raleigh, NC

#82 Jan 6, 2016
Once I found a tick on my pecker. I went and got a lime and sliced it open and rubbed it all over the tick and my pecker and I have been fine ever since. Hope this helps.
Kris in Winston

Charlotte, NC

#84 Jul 14, 2016
Ashley wrote:
Does anyone lnow of a GOOD doctor in NC to go to for Lyme testing? Long story but I would greatly appreciate any names of doctors around the Winston Salem area good and bad, so I won't waste any more of my life on dumbg doctors.
Dr Lantelm at Robinhood Integrative on Robinhood Rd. Winston Salem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyme Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coeliac disease.......anyone with Lymes got it? Oct 17 True Christian wi... 1
Could this be lyme? Oct 15 embemma 1
Vitamin D Intolerance (Jan '11) Sep '16 divalee 170
News Halton Hills mayor Bonette: Thanking volunteers... Aug '16 house taxes up 2 8
News Number of Lyme disease cases more than triples ... Jun '16 9403zoe 1
News Lone Star tick May '16 lots ticked off 1
Synergy Protocol (May '14) Apr '16 Pit 427
More from around the web