Early lyme disease - please help with...

Early lyme disease - please help with treatment guidance

Posted in the Lyme Disease Forum

Jon Paterson

UK

#1 Nov 21, 2011
I live in Scotland and removed a tick from my ankle, which I think had been attached for 2 days without me noticing. The initial bite was red, and then I developed a more characteristic EM /bullseye rash at the site of the bite and also on my other leg which was very characteristic….approx 30 days later. I immediately went to the NHS doctor and was diagnosed 200mg doxycycline (2x 100mg). However, after doing quite a lot of reading round, including ILADS guidelines and a paper by someone called Joeseph Burrascano (board member of ILADS) and checking with some doctor friends, I increased this initially to 2x 200mg and then 3x 200mg as I wasn’t suffering an adverse effects of this high dose. I have now maintained this level for 14 days. The rash persisted for less than a week, and I have had minimal other symptoms (a couple of days of fatigue and slightly swollen lymph glands in my neck a few days ago – though hard to be sure whether this is lyme disease or the colds/flu that everyone else seems to have.

Anyway, sorry for the long message. I’m a 35 year old male, very fit/active and pretty keen to do all I can at this stage to prevent later problems. My question is: I’m not sure how long I should carry on with antibiotics(at this dosage or a lower one). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Mel

Caterham, UK

#2 Dec 4, 2011
Hi Jon,

Have you had a reply to your Lyme question yet? Your story so far sounds a lot like mine was, and I could give a very lengthy reply and go over a lot of old ground, so I'll keep this short and sweet and hopefully useful

- UK charities BADA UK ( http://www.bada-uk.org/homesection/about/dise... ) and Lyme Disease Action ( http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/ ) provide a lot of information on their sites, and there is a forum on Yahoo where members share experiences - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EuroLyme...

I wish you well and hope your experience with Borrelia and other bacteria transmitted by that nasty tick is very short-lived!

Mel
Jon Paterson

London, UK

#3 Dec 4, 2011
Hi Mel,

Thanks for your message - I posted on healingwell.com forum and got an answer. Hopefully all ok now. Are you still having problems?
pAnonymous

Lipno, Poland

#4 Feb 26, 2015
#3.1/#3.95B in book. The.Luciferian.Doctrine (i.e. The.Most.Important.Knowledge.Y ou.would.Ever.Read.Implement.a nd.Live.up.to.Forever) might be the answer to your problems [100% Lyme annihilation, confirmed].99981

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyme Disease Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vitamin D Intolerance (Jan '11) Mon elizabethjan 177
Could this be lyme? (Oct '16) Feb 1 James K 3
A zapper didn't cure her Lyme, Babesia, Rickett... Jan '18 Rob in Vancouver 2
News Doctor In Trouble for Lyme Disease Treatment (Jun '06) Dec '17 Rob in Vancouver 71
Help needed to many Nov '17 Fighter 1
Lyme in mosquitoes (Jul '07) Nov '17 Ugi 12
News How the new impatient patient is disrupting med... Oct '17 Peel uses Halton 2 1
More from around the web