Toronto: Robotic surgery treats early...

Toronto: Robotic surgery treats early stage lung cancer

There are 7 comments on the The Canadian story from Mar 5, 2012, titled Toronto: Robotic surgery treats early stage lung cancer. In it, The Canadian reports that:

U of T professors perform operation -- In a Canadian first, a robotic surgical system has been used to treat early-stage lung cancer by removing the cancer, along with a lobe of the lung.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian.

isaiah

Lenoir, NC

#1 Mar 7, 2012
i love veronica
isaiah

Lenoir, NC

#2 Mar 7, 2012
i want to love her for ever
Eula Martin

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 12, 2013
Lung cancer if detected in early stage can be curable. There are advocates of robotic surgery saying that it can treat lung cancer in its early stages. Aside from treating lung cancer, it has benefits better than traditional surgeries. However, many patients has complained because it has caused unfavorable health complications. I suggest that you refer for articles at http://www.davincilawsuit.us/ , that I think may be of great help to you.

Since: Sep 15

Manassas, VA

#4 Sep 10, 2015
Eula Martin wrote:
Lung cancer if detected in early stage can be curable. There are advocates of robotic surgery saying that it can treat lung cancer in its early stages. Aside from treating lung cancer, it has benefits better than traditional surgeries. However, many patients has complained because it has caused unfavorable health complications. I suggest that you refer for articles at http://www.davincilawsuit.us/ , that I think may be of great help to you.
Hi there, I completely agree with you Eula that it can be treated in early stages.
Suzie

Ajax, Canada

#5 Sep 19, 2015
i had the robotic surgery December 2011 in Toronto General Hospital. My cancer was 1 a and they removed 1/3 of my right lung. I was up and around the next day and home in 4 days. I have not suffered any side effects other than the loss of some nerve endings near the operation site. I had very small incision under my right breast.

I have just had a recent CAT scan and I am cancer free. I lead a full active life.
Lucille

Franklinville, NJ

#6 Nov 12, 2015
Suzie wrote:
i had the robotic surgery December 2011 in Toronto General Hospital. My cancer was 1 a and they removed 1/3 of my right lung. I was up and around the next day and home in 4 days. I have not suffered any side effects other than the loss of some nerve endings near the operation site. I had very small incision under my right breast.
I have just had a recent CAT scan and I am cancer free. I lead a full active life.
I am having robotic lung surgery in December. I am very scared but your post made me feel so much better. If you don't mind, can I ask you if you were a smoker? If so, did you quit before the surgery and how long before?
Suzie

Ajax, Canada

#7 Dec 26, 2015
Lucille wrote:
<quoted text> I am having robotic lung surgery in December. I am very scared but your post made me feel so much better. If you don't mind, can I ask you if you were a smoker? If so, did you quit before the surgery and how long before?
I have never smoked nor does anyone in my home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lung Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can lung cancer look like pneumonia on x-rays? (Jan '07) May 20 cam414 176
News Smoking In 2016: Infographic Shows How Far We'v... May 11 please 2
What do the real lung cancer symptoms feel like?!? (Oct '06) May 10 Ray 46
How Difficult is Lung Cancer Surgery Recovery? (Jun '09) May 5 Dutch Davidson 277
News Lower odds of lung cancer surgery for blacks in... May 4 White and Right 1
News Teen tobacco trials: Jordan faces underage smok... Apr '16 Sneaky Pete 1
News Fewer Men Smoking, Fewer Dying From Prostate Ca... Apr '16 Pete 1
More from around the web