Can lung cancer look like pneumonia o...
Terry banks

Stuart, FL

#103 Sep 4, 2011
What is a magnetic block pulsed ?
Lisa

United States

#104 Sep 13, 2011
I am asthmatic, have been for yrs,I recently had right middle lobe pneumonia for which i was prescribed Avelox for 14 days..I feel much better but my second xray still showed some density in the right lung and the radiologist wrote on my report a possible pseudotumor and a recommended a CT scan for further collaboration..I am getting that done this thursday...sounded scary to me but I feel fine..appetite has returned and no coughing up anything...any comments about this would be appreciated..
Jenny

Calwell, Australia

#105 Sep 21, 2011
I have been coughing for years on and off, this last bout has lasted months , I went to the doctor back in May and he said take cough mixture and anti hey fever medication, at times I have felt better but the cough stayed, I am a long term smoker, give it up start again, constant battle, I had xrays taken this week and the guy taking them said "don't for get to take them to the doctor with you, good luck"he took one face on at first than came back and took a sid on 1 of my left lung, I can't read xrays but even I can see the difference in the 2 lungs, I just pray to God that if it is this sinister killer that my time pass quickly and as painless as possiable, you know this is the only real thing I have ever done wrong in my life>
Margie

Nottingham, MD

#106 Oct 3, 2011
My Dad recieved a ct scan earlier this month which showed a small spot in both sides of the lung. They immediately ordered a pet scan and still found these small spots. The lung doctor then had a meeting involving my parents, himself and a thoracic surgeon that also agreed that the spots and the location gave them the grim thought that it was pretty definate that is was probably lung cancer but would need to biopsy it first. Before ordering a biopsy the lung doctor felt another ct scan should be done in 2 wks. to see if there was any change to the spots because a biopsy itself would be hards on my father with only having 40% lung capacity and the location of these spots. The scan results are back and the spots have seemingly disappeared. I am still very nervous but has anyone experienced this before either themselves or a loved one. If this is true God has truly answered my prayers.
Mary

London, Canada

#107 Oct 12, 2011
Hi everyone
My husband has been a smoker for 40 +years,he had a stroke 4.5 yrs ago ,quit smoking and drinking for 3 months,He went back to work and started again,I am tired of telling him to quit,Recently he came down with broncitis I took him to emergancy and they took exrays and said it was broncitis ,now aweek later he is still on meds and a puffer ,still smokes but last night when came home from work he had blood on his arm and mustache he said he coughed up blood and blowing his nose blood came out I wanted to take him to dr. but once again he has hunting on his mind and wants to wait.this morning he said he was o.k but I heard him cough alot last night ,Do you think that it maybe just brom the broncitis ?
angie lederman 33

United States

#108 Oct 20, 2011
hi i have had an upper respratory infection about 2 months ago now i just went to see 3 doctors and finally had x rays done they didnt know that i had pneumonia sent me home with pills and an inhaler wich are not seeming to work i have been a smoker for 24 years now i get home they left a message to call them back and said that i have pneumonia in my left lung.i cant sleep at night breath or anything does anyone think this could be more serious since i just had an infection 2 months ago coughfing bad and shortness of breath no other symptons now i seem to have every sytom there is please help worried angie.
Kelly

High Springs, FL

#109 Oct 20, 2011
Hi to all. I am a 35 year old female that was recently diagnosed with pneumonia for a 3rd time. I went in to the hospital on a Saturday for lower back pain and a fever that I couldn't get rid of... Truly, I do not have insurance and could've dealt with the pain and eventually gotten rid of the fever. It was 102 and climbing and when I would take medicine it felt like it was going down, but then would quickly come back. Long story short, I ended up having my husband take me to the ER because I am a student and I had class that day and knew that I would miss class. I needed a reputable excuse so I went to the hospital. Once I was at the hospital I was questioned by the doctors of my symptoms: fever, lower back pain, joint pain (hips, knees-sometimes, ankles, wrists), a dry-hacking cough that I have had for about 4 months now, extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, and weight loss. They sent me for an x-ray, blood work-up, and started an IV. The x-ray results showed and image in the upper right lobe of my lungs. Blood work did not show an increase of my white blood cells, but I had a fever now of 103. They started IV antibiotics and ordered a CT of my chest. The CT showed a positive image of the same nodule in my upper right lobe and pneumonia in both lungs. I was released and sent home on levoquin 750mg for 5 days. My husband picked up the RX that night and I started the medication. I crashed quickly! I was not myself. My husband took me back to the ER early that Sunday morning. I was getting chills, very sick, low fever that came and went quickly and I had lots of blood and protein in my urine, needless to say I was admitted and kept for a week. I was again put on IV antibiotics along with bags of potassium and magnesium. I was so weak that I couldn't walk or lift my arm. All of this came on very sudden. I am home now and have been home for 3 weeks, but I stay tired and short winded. My chest hurts, but I don't know if it has anything to do with pneumonia. While I was in the hospital the doctors mentioned that a pulmonologist would speak with me about the nodule found in my lung via the x-ray and CT, but I was released at my request and was told to follow up with the pulmonologist. I was told that because I am so young and otherwise healthy, that having pneumonia 3 times and having some of the other symptoms that have been ongoing, that I needed to have the nodule biopsied to check for lung cancer. I am not a smoker, nor have I ever been. Should I take this to heart and pursue this or just pass it off to being nothing? I have a 14 year old son who was recently diagnosed with a rare form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis called
ERA Enthesitis-Related Arthritis or Ankylosing Spondylitis and he is currently on low dose chemo and other TNF blockers for a 2 year treatment period. What do you all think I should do? I am nervous and I don't have the best gut feeling. Please help.
Sportyladylace

Greeley, CO

#110 Oct 24, 2011
Marcie wrote:
I had x-rays taken on Friday, and the doctor spent a long time looking at them. He kept taking out a ruler and measuring what he was seeing on them, which made me rather nervous! He said it may be scarring or pneumonia. I've had pneumonia quite a few times, but do not have any symptoms now.
He gave me some strong antibiotics to take, along with Mucinex...and I go back next Friday for another x-ray. Of course, I've decided to start worrying between now and then.
I am in my late 50's. I went for a general physical, since I haven't had one in awhile. All my lab results looked good. If I do have lung cancer, would it show up in some of the labwork results? Wouldn't I cough up blood when I do cough?
Thanks in advance for your time!
When I was dealing with active lung cancer it took the doctors 2 1/2 years to discover why I was lacking more and more energy daily to the point of BP of 20/30. They told me all of that time that I suffered from pneumonia....it was finally found by a pain management doctor who CT'd my spine which captured the lower lobes of my lungs. Thank God as I am hear today to advise you to have a CT scan ASAP if you suspect cancer. The earlier found the better your chances of recovery...abit it won't be easy.

Let us know how this turns out so we can pray for you.
Barbara

San Angelo, TX

#111 Nov 19, 2011
I had a chest x-ray done for cough I had developed and diagnosed myself with bronchitis. It had a mass in the left lung lower lobe. Did CT-Scan, Needle Guided Biopsy from the back-and Bronchoscopy. Now waiting on results and hoping for a benign Mass..I had been through one round of antibiotics that did not work. I called my dr to see if he would call them in. NEVER diagnose yourself. It's very dangerous...
JEAN

Ellicott City, MD

#112 Dec 6, 2011
Hi, I have a comment and a question. First...for anyone with terminal cancer or any terminal disease...you want to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins and ask Jesus to come into your life and save you from your sins. This is the only true way you know that you will spend eternity with Him in heaven! My question is; If you call Cancer Treatment Centers Of America, will they get your x-rays and records and review them and just have a consultation appt to discuss their findings? I have been told I have 3 lung nodules which were confirmed on a CT. I keep getting sick and was told today that my chest x-ray showed bronchitis. Bronchitis does not show up on an x-ray; only pneumonia and cancer. Both my mom and sister died from lung cancer and I've been a smoker for most of my life since I was a teenager.I would like to get an opinion I can trust!
JEAN

Ellicott City, MD

#113 Dec 6, 2011
MARGIE,
God does answer prayers. When my daughter was very young she had a mass in her belly. Two doctors from Hopkins after doing many tests told me she needed surgery, and it was either one of two things wrong, but either way, it was fatal. The morning of the surgery they examined her and still could feel the mass. After the surgery, they both came out and said they could not find anything. They made three incisions in her little belly. They both put their hands in her belly trying to find it and it was gone. We had PRAYED ALOT!!! GOD DOES DO MIRACLES WHEN IT'S ACCORDING TO HIS PLANS!! ONLY HE KNOWS HIS PLANS!!
Christie

North Richland Hills, TX

#114 Jan 5, 2012
Hi! So sorry to hear about your troubles! I know how you feel! I've recently been going through similar things. It sounds like you might also have an autoimmune disease. I have Lupus, Sjogren's, and Scleroderma and a lot of your symptoms sound like mine. It's also very likely because your son has an autoimmune disease as well. I've just been diagnosed with pneumonia for the 3rd time and am also fearing its something worse, the antibiotics don't seem to be helping at all no matter how many rounds I take. You should definitely have an autoimmune panel run. It's not very expensive and well worth it if it will get you to a diagnosis!
Kelly wrote:
Hi to all. I am a 35 year old female that was recently diagnosed with pneumonia for a 3rd time. I went in to the hospital on a Saturday for lower back pain and a fever that I couldn't get rid of... Truly, I do not have insurance and could've dealt with the pain and eventually gotten rid of the fever. It was 102 and climbing and when I would take medicine it felt like it was going down, but then would quickly come back. Long story short, I ended up having my husband take me to the ER because I am a student and I had class that day and knew that I would miss class. I needed a reputable excuse so I went to the hospital. Once I was at the hospital I was questioned by the doctors of my symptoms: fever, lower back pain, joint pain (hips, knees-sometimes, ankles, wrists), a dry-hacking cough that I have had for about 4 months now, extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, and weight loss. They sent me for an x-ray, blood work-up, and started an IV. The x-ray results showed and image in the upper right lobe of my lungs. Blood work did not show an increase of my white blood cells, but I had a fever now of 103. They started IV antibiotics and ordered a CT of my chest. The CT showed a positive image of the same nodule in my upper right lobe and pneumonia in both lungs. I was released and sent home on levoquin 750mg for 5 days. My husband picked up the RX that night and I started the medication. I crashed quickly! I was not myself. My husband took me back to the ER early that Sunday morning. I was getting chills, very sick, low fever that came and went quickly and I had lots of blood and protein in my urine, needless to say I was admitted and kept for a week. I was again put on IV antibiotics along with bags of potassium and magnesium. I was so weak that I couldn't walk or lift my arm. All of this came on very sudden. I am home now and have been home for 3 weeks, but I stay tired and short winded. My chest hurts, but I don't know if it has anything to do with pneumonia. While I was in the hospital the doctors mentioned that a pulmonologist would speak with me about the nodule found in my lung via the x-ray and CT, but I was released at my request and was told to follow up with the pulmonologist. I was told that because I am so young and otherwise healthy, that having pneumonia 3 times and having some of the other symptoms that have been ongoing, that I needed to have the nodule biopsied to check for lung cancer. I am not a smoker, nor have I ever been. Should I take this to heart and pursue this or just pass it off to being nothing? I have a 14 year old son who was recently diagnosed with a rare form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis called
ERA Enthesitis-Related Arthritis or Ankylosing Spondylitis and he is currently on low dose chemo and other TNF blockers for a 2 year treatment period. What do you all think I should do? I am nervous and I don't have the best gut feeling. Please help.
Kathleen

Seattle, WA

#115 Jan 12, 2012
My mom (73 and healthy) was seeing her doctor for just over two weeks for pneumonia. She was home taking antibiotics and was given oxygen to administer to ease breathing. When there was no improvement, my dad took her to emergency and they did a CT Scan. Full blown advanced cancer in lungs, kidneys, liver and glands. She went by ambulance that day (Jan. 2nd at noon) and was gone at 5:05 am on Jan. 3rd. She had even taken a shower before they left for the dr. on Monday. So incredibly fast ! Please live and love like there is no tomorrow....
Laurie

Sevierville, TN

#116 Jan 25, 2012
I had a CT scan on my abdomen b/c of kidney stones this past November when they caught a spot on my lower lung. I was referred to a pulmonolgist who did more xrays and cat scans and said there are 3 pretty large masses. I had a bronchoscopy on the 2 they could get to. The lower one that is 36 mm x 23 mm is the largest and they did the needle biopsy yesterday on it. I get the results back on Friday morning. I am only 30 but I have been around smoke my whole life, and have smoked myself for 20 years. I am hoping it is anything and everything besides cancer. I have been quit smoking now for 11 days. My thoughts are with all of you going thru similar things to me. Just reading yalls post lets me know I am not alone and makes me feel better. Thanks whoever yall are and I hope the best for yall.
Jeff

Wichita, KS

#117 Feb 2, 2012
Had Kidney Stone Dec 13th 2011, went to ER and 3 days later caught what I thought was the bug going around. Coughing and low energy were symptoms. After z pack and 15 days of Levofloxathin and 2 chest x-rays they are now doing CT scan. They see a 'nodule' I think in the x-rays and want CT scan for better image. Its a little scary but hope they can figure out what it is. Even today 2/2/2012 still have cough, and low energy and maybe a slight fever. Want to be better. Tired of being sick.
Jeff

Wichita, KS

#118 Feb 5, 2012
Jeff wrote:
Had Kidney Stone Dec 13th 2011, went to ER and 3 days later caught what I thought was the bug going around. Coughing and low energy were symptoms. After z pack and 15 days of Levofloxathin and 2 chest x-rays they are now doing CT scan. They see a 'nodule' I think in the x-rays and want CT scan for better image. Its a little scary but hope they can figure out what it is. Even today 2/2/2012 still have cough, and low energy and maybe a slight fever. Want to be better. Tired of being sick.
Good news - CT Scan proved that all they were seeing on the x-rays is a shadow, and I have nothing to worry about :)
Kelly

Louisville, KY

#119 Feb 8, 2012
I woke up about a week and a half ago with a nagging pain in my right lung area below my shoulder blade.. when i stood up to get outta bed it got really painful and i was having trouble breathing. My husband took me to the ER and they did xrays.. Doc said he was worried about the mass they found on my right lung but wanted to treat me for Pneumonia unspecified. He gave me a shot of antibiotics in my hip and sent me home with a zithromax pak antibiotic. Told me to go for a follow up in 2 weeks. The thing is I felt fine the night before when i went to bed and when i woke up.. I dont feel sick.. I feel normal , I was just in pain and it caused me to have trouble breathing. Could this be cancer? Im really worried.. I have 4 small kids and im 31 years old.. Cancer does run in my family, My granddad died of lung cancer so im really scared!
Vanessa

Gardner, KS

#120 Feb 17, 2012
If my husband has white spot on lung exray and diagnosed with nuemonia and is getting better, should we still have a CT scan? Two of my three 6 month old puppies have been sick sick also. Our grandbaby has also been sick and has had ear infections diagosed.
Bobby

UK

#121 Feb 26, 2012
I also had x-ray done came out i have something on my right lung doctor gave me antib to take i still feel the same well i have alot going on i have appointment in hospital they called me in im so scared. could it be cancer
ruby

UK

#122 Mar 12, 2012
My dad as lung cancer. Doctor said he can't not have any treatment as he has heart probs he now not eating every much and only drinking about 5 cups of tea a day. He sleeps a lot and as lost a lot of weight and at time he do not talk a lot can any one tell me how long would you say he as got as the doc said about 2 ,3' mths but I think he a lot less so is the any one out there that mite no how long he may have or have gone throw any of this like dad. Many thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lung Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Difficult is Lung Cancer Surgery Recovery? (Jun '09) May 19 Suzy 301
News Where to buy dichloroacetate... (Jul '07) May 11 Judydowellb 51
What do the real lung cancer symptoms feel like?!? (Oct '06) Apr '17 oleresi13 55
News Making a case against ban on public smoking Apr '17 Yes 1
News Why American Researchers Want To Use Cuba's Can... (May '15) Apr '17 Were just afraid 46
Nodules Mar '17 Al curler 1
News Johnson & Johnson Launches Smoke Free Workforce... Mar '17 Yeah Sure 1
More from around the web