Low-blood sugar, strange test results...

Low-blood sugar, strange test results..please advise

Posted in the Low Blood Sugar Forum

Lisa

Newnan, GA

#1 Aug 26, 2013
I took my niece,15, to the Dr because she was getting extremely shaky, dizzy at school. She did blood test. The first when we got to the Dr. Then she had to drink a bottle of glucose. Every hour after that, they drew her blood again. 4 times total.

Well the Dr. called me back the next day and said she had low sugar but that she isn't hypo or hyper glycemic. Her starting test read 60 blood sugar level, and an hour after drinking glucose, it was still 60. The next two test showed 60 also.

What does this mean??? Her body didn't react to the glucose at all...Is there another type of test she should have?? The Dr. just told her to eat every 3 hours.
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#2 Mar 19, 2014
Here is an interesting video to help lower blood pressure... http://remedieshealth.com/bloodpressure ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Low Blood Sugar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low blood sugar and anxiety (Jul '07) May 3 Ashton 39
do you control your blood sugar? Feb '17 helenw95 1
News How to treat low blood sugar (Aug '08) Mar '14 DiabeticsM 12
News High or low blood sugar? You need to know. (Jan '13) Mar '14 Ryan 3
Extreme Low Blood Sugar Help!! (Apr '12) Aug '13 Hils 2
News Diabetic teen brings Diabetic Alert dog to school (Jan '13) Apr '13 alstonlindley 3
News Diabetes service dog saves man's life (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sugar 1
More from around the web