I've had lice for years

Posted in the Lice Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nobodyknowz21

Ozark, MO

#1 Dec 20, 2011
I don't know how to get rid of them by myself. My hair is long and very thick. I have distanced myself from people and I have distanced myself from trying to get into a relationship because I don't want to spread my lice. I don't know how to get rid of them by myself. And I can't shave my head. I just can't. I don't know what to do. This is literally driving me insane. I just want to be in relationships and live a normal life. But the lice holds me back from so many things.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tab

Ypsilanti, MI

#2 Feb 6, 2012
We would love to see you if you are able to make it here! We often see clients who have had lice for years. You shouldn't have to distance yourself from your friends or family!(Also, don't feel bad for having long, thick hair- we see it all the time!)

http://www.rapunzelslice.com/index.html
Angel

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Feb 8, 2012
Lora

Lewiston, ME

#4 Feb 16, 2012
There are only two ways to get rid of them completely: shave your head or have somebody pick out all of the nits. When my kids get them, I put Ovide (malathion lotion) on them overnight, then I cut their hair short enough to work on, then the next morning I put them under a bright light and start pulling off the nits. Then I wash, vaccuum, or bag everything they've been close to.

As somebody who is tired of my kids getting re-infested all the time, I wish that you would think about all of the other people you're probably affecting by running around with such an infestation for so long. Without a doubt you are spreading them and making other peoples' lives miserable. I have to take time off work, expose my kids to toxic pesticides, and spend a lot of money on products, replacement combs, etc. thanks to people who refuse to do the work to get rid of them. Please, please think about us poor suckers out here constantly trying to get rid of the lice infestations you are spreading around!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Nitwit Lice Removal”

Since: Mar 12

Seattle

#6 Mar 22, 2012
Hey - you're not a loser, u r a loser - you're a creep. There's nothing about her head that should be shaved, and it's definitely not nasty. Stay on topic, or get off Topix.

I would recommend that you read my blog - there's a lot of solid information to get you lice free on your own. http://www.nitwitseattle.com/blog

“Nitwit Lice Removal”

Since: Mar 12

Seattle

#7 Mar 22, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
I don't know how to get rid of them by myself. My hair is long and very thick. I have distanced myself from people and I have distanced myself from trying to get into a relationship because I don't want to spread my lice. I don't know how to get rid of them by myself. And I can't shave my head. I just can't. I don't know what to do. This is literally driving me insane. I just want to be in relationships and live a normal life. But the lice holds me back from so many things.
I want to reassure you that battling head lice for months is not news to me - but if you've been battling it for years, would you consider speaking with your physician? It's possible that you don't have head lice, which is also something I see in my profession. I'm not suggesting this is the case with you, but it's at least possible that you may have convinced yourself that you have lice, and now "feel" them. It happens, it really does.

Good luck dear.

Since: Mar 11

Manila Philippines

#8 Mar 23, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
Ohh,.. so sad to hear about how it is affecting your self-esteem and social life. You gotta use non-toxic head lice treatment for that and a nice effective nit-comb. keep your hair clipped and stay away from sleep-overs. put your beddings and towel under the sun... high temperature kill 'em
Someoneidk

United States

#9 Apr 7, 2012
My sister has headlice and it's really gross but don't feel bad I'm just a baby sometimes and hate bugs just wash ur hair with that special shampoo (I use it and it and it smells like limes)
hoobuisness-N E - way

United States

#10 Apr 21, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
you need someone to help you prolly if your hair is that long toucan use a home remedy that works!!! But you have to work also you use half vinegar with half mineral oil the mixture smothers them but you have to remove the nits by hand and with lice comb by hand is more efficient put all combs and brushes in bleach you need to vacuum dust sweep and place all bed clothes washer and dryer also vacuum couche chairs wherever u have been car for instance any stuffed animals?? Bag em up for 2 wks !!! Sorry sounds overwhelming ?? IT IS !! Then repeat in two wks..... Check hair about every 10 days repeat untill. ALL GONE. GOOD LUCK
Concerned

Bonney Lake, WA

#11 May 8, 2012
I have a friend that's had lice on and off for years and I still don't understand how. She gave it to me and my family but I painstakingly made sure to treat it and GOT RID OF IT.
You have to put in the effort to managing the issue. It IS time consuming, it IS expensive, it IS tiring, but it's worth it! Ask a friend that you trust to help you and make sure to get all the nits out of your hair and to treat your bedding/furniture.
You also have to think that maybe your health is being affected too by having them for so long.
Good luck and I hope for the best for you!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 May 11, 2012
I understand how this is affecting your confidence. I do not know of anyone who does not hate lice. But why suffer from it when there are remedies you can actually use and find at home to put an end to this? There are shampoos you can buy that are intended to kill lice but if you are worried that you might get hair fall from using any of these, you may use natural alternatives which are mostly found in the kitchen. Wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and mayonnaise are just a few items you can use for this purpose.
ahh

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2012
I have had lice for almost 4 years and I have been.treated twice but my parents never kept up.with it so I still have it. How can I get rid.of.it on my.own? I am too embarassed to tell.my. parents because they are judgemental. Please help!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Told u

Waterloo, IL

#14 Aug 15, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
Try Gardner fruitese it has avocado oil tea tree oil
SandyinTN

Cookeville, TN

#15 Aug 22, 2012
I hope that you have found some help, have you? Lice is a frustrating problem and everything I've read indicates that the lice prefer nice clean hair. So it's not an indication of you!
You caught them from someone, but it doesn't mean that you have to live with them forever.
Look at this place
http://www.licetreatmentcenter.net/
and see what they can offer for help.
Kayla

Hampshire, IL

#17 Aug 22, 2012
I have had lice for about at the most 4 years It makes me want to give up on life and Im still under the age of 15. I cant do anything I'm always depressed and sad. I have light brown hair with blond highlights and it's hard to get rid of them because they blend in. I have tried many different shamPoos and treatment but NOTHING WORKS!!:(
BuckeyeGirl

Knoxville, TN

#18 Aug 31, 2012
Kayla wrote:
I have had lice for about at the most 4 years It makes me want to give up on life and Im still under the age of 15. I cant do anything I'm always depressed and sad. I have light brown hair with blond highlights and it's hard to get rid of them because they blend in. I have tried many different shamPoos and treatment but NOTHING WORKS!!:(
Kayla- First let me say I'm sorry you're going through this. You're not alone and I commend you for taking steps to deal with this problem on your own. That shows maturity and reflects well upon your character. I would advise you to ask your parents to take you to doctor for Rx called Sklice. No nit combing necessary. If your insurance company doesn't cover it, Ovide usually is. Both products kill eggs/nits as well as lice bugs. You must also clean house thoroughly, particularly concentrating on your bedding and anything you've worn in last two weeks. Use HOT water and dry on HIGH. Anything that can't be washed/dried on HOT needs to be bagged in trash bags for two weeks. Don't forget pillows and comforter!! Also use the sprays and vacuum thoroughly daily. If your parents won't take you to doc, be sure to talk to school nurse or administrator. They will make certain that your parents do their job. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. Anyone can get head lice. It doesn't mean you're dirty. Lice actually prefer clean hair. Good luck and feel free to email me if you need help. [email protected]
Gigi

Manchester, CT

#21 Sep 22, 2012
BuckeyeGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Kayla- First let me say I'm sorry you're going through this. You're not alone and I commend you for taking steps to deal with this problem on your own. That shows maturity and reflects well upon your character. I would advise you to ask your parents to take you to doctor for Rx called Sklice. No nit combing necessary. If your insurance company doesn't cover it, Ovide usually is. Both products kill eggs/nits as well as lice bugs. You must also clean house thoroughly, particularly concentrating on your bedding and anything you've worn in last two weeks. Use HOT water and dry on HIGH. Anything that can't be washed/dried on HOT needs to be bagged in trash bags for two weeks. Don't forget pillows and comforter!! Also use the sprays and vacuum thoroughly daily. If your parents won't take you to doc, be sure to talk to school nurse or administrator. They will make certain that your parents do their job. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. Anyone can get head lice. It doesn't mean you're dirty. Lice actually prefer clean hair. Good luck and feel free to email me if you need help. [email protected]
I tried the shampoo, didnt work. I tried mayonaise with shower cap worked abit. I did use the ridex comb, works great. My son however still had the eggs. So I sprayed a mixture of vinegar/water equal parts, it does burn the scalp for a couple of minutes but goes away. I saturated his hair and coverd it with plastic hair net for 2 hours. Then I applied the mayonaise (real mayo only!)Lay it on thick, cover with a clean plastic shower cap, leave in for 3 hours, make sure kids dont lick the mayo! My eight year old went up stairs washed it 2x with shampoo. To my surpise the nits just slid off on their own!! I checked with a comb. I learned all on different websites about the mayo, and the vinegar and water. But no one mentioned using it in this way! I also clean the house upside down. I washed all his clothing stuffed animals and his book bag. I sprayed the entire home and cars with nix pronto plus household spray read directions, and the vaccuumed. Make sure to spray laundry baskets and bins, wipe them clean with clorax spray. GOOD LUCK!
Gigi

Manchester, CT

#22 Sep 22, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
I tried the shampoo, didnt work. I tried mayonaise with shower cap worked abit. I did use the ridex comb, works great. My son however still had the eggs. So I sprayed a mixture of vinegar/water equal parts, it does burn the scalp for a couple of minutes but goes away. I saturated his hair and coverd it with plastic hair net for 2 hours. Then I applied the mayonaise (real mayo only!)Lay it on thick, cover with a clean plastic shower cap, leave in for 3 hours, make sure kids dont lick the mayo! My eight year old went up stairs washed it 2x with shampoo. To my surpise the nits just slid off on their own!! I checked with a comb. I learned all on different websites about the mayo, and the vinegar and water. But no one mentioned using it in this way! I also clean the house upside down. I washed all his clothing stuffed animals and his book bag. I sprayed the entire home and cars with nix pronto plus household spray read directions, and the vaccuumed. Make sure to spray laundry baskets and bins, wipe them clean with clorax spray. GOOD LUCK!
It WORKS

United States

#23 Oct 31, 2012
When I was in middle school, I had it for three years! Try dying your hair, it works! After at least 2 applications (preferrably one application a month) it will be gone in no more than three! I promise, worked for my mom, my sister and I!
Dana

Clackamas, OR

#24 Nov 1, 2012
nobodyknowz21 wrote:
I used Advantage the flea treatment for cats and dogs on my son when he got head lice. Within ten minutes I could see them falling off his head . It was freaking amazing !!!!! It kills nits too!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please help possible lice infestation Wed Pleasehelpme 1
The best, surprising way to get rid of LICE! (May '11) Tue Texasmom 198
head lice and hair loss... help! (Oct '11) Sep 24 Sarah south dakota 47
Head lice, drowing in water (Jul '07) Sep 19 Dejaliyah 111
Non-toxic head lice treatment and preventative (Jun '06) Sep 17 Xyzqqqrx 54
Will shaving head get rid of lice and eggs? (Nov '07) Sep 16 Proffecional 181
Has anyone tried Red Stop Solution? Sep 11 Jordonbiggardenguy 1
More from around the web