Stuarts Draft Boy Loses Cancer Battle

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A little boy in Augusta County lost his two-year battle to cancer Wednesday. Nine-year old Ethan Blevins of Stuarts Draft died early Wednesday morning at the University of Virginia Medical Center in his parents arms.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2012
SKB

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Aug 29, 2012
It just breaks your heart. I don't know this family,,but I am so sorry for your lose. God be with you and your family.
ValleyGalVA

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Godspeed, sweet boy. We will miss you here on Earth, but I know you'll be one handsome angel! Watch over us, buddy!
Marjorie Wilmott Johnson

Spotsylvania, VA

#3 Aug 29, 2012
So very sorry for your loss.. May your memories remain close to your heart. God's Blessings to you all.
Lynne Dixon

Martinsville, VA

#4 Aug 30, 2012
A beautiful angel . Prayers to his family.
Sad day

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Aug 30, 2012
God has a beautiful new angel. His pain is gone. His family WILL SEE HIM AGAIN. God bless them. To assist the family with burial costs contact the Augusta Health Credit Union, or the Dupont Credit Union. Both parents are unemployed and have no insurance. It is time we Christians step up and help a fellow a Christian family that is hurting.
Beat Cancer

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 30, 2012
The best pediatric hospitals for cancer are listed in the US News and World Report Best Hospitals survey. Some NCI (National Cancer Institute) hospitals are now using nanotechnology and other research to fight cancer on the molecular level and families facing these terrible health crises are well advised to review the US News hospital survey.

All hospitals are not created equal.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Aug 30, 2012
Did not know him or his family, but crying for them all the same. So, SO very sorry for your loss. God bless Ethan.
a mother

Stanardsville, VA

#8 Aug 30, 2012
So sad by this story. I have a 9 year old son and can not imagine the pain they are feeling now. I can only say a prayer that God comforts them.
Help

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 30, 2012
Go to chick fe la!!!
May God

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Aug 30, 2012
wrap his loving arms around this family and comfort them.
Karyn G

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Aug 30, 2012
My son went to school and Ethans sister is in his class this year. We have been to a couple of fundraisers for him and his his family over thelast year. We were devasted to hear of his passing. May God Bless the family in knowing he is at peace and alive in the loving glory of the Lord.
jvd

Staunton, VA

#12 Aug 30, 2012
I'm so sad. I too have a 9yr old boy and it hurts so bad to know someone has lost their precious child. I will continue to have this family in my thoughts and prayers.
Linda

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Aug 31, 2012
Hospitals are bad places for infections. Someone should do something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leukemia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA adds three more diseases to Agent Orange 'pr... (Nov '09) Sun meathead01 34
What does a low blood platelet count mean? (Jun '07) Aug 26 angelina hunt 850
Reno couple accuses Renown of deceptive practices (Dec '13) Jul '14 liberation theology 12
Looking for AB+ blood type donors Jun '14 loveuriam 1
Florida Lawmakers Approve Medical Marijuana Bill May '14 humanSpirit 2
Dennis Hernandez Charity Art Auction (Feb '14) Feb '14 dennishernandez 1
A Million Wishes: Sick Radcliff boy supported b... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Etown shopper 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Leukemia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••