my knee is going backwards 16 months ...

my knee is going backwards 16 months post TKR

Posted in the Knee Replacement Forum

Sue

Ocala, FL

#1 Aug 11, 2011
I had my knee replaced in March 2010. The knee was straight and had been in a normal straigthened position post operatively until about two months ago. Approximately three months ago I started having pain and was diagnosed with bursitis. I was taking pain relievers as per the doctor's advice. One month later, I started having more pain and went back to the doctor when I noticed the knee giong into a hyperextended position. He agreed that the knee was now further back, but told me to not be worrried and live with it,as I had good flexion. One week later the I fell down and could not recover with my post op leg, it felt like there was no knee and my leg was rubber. I now have pain all the time and the knee is going further backwards. Anyone else have this problem? I have a Smith and Nephew Knee.
Brenda

Pendleton, SC

#2 Aug 12, 2011
I am in my 13 month. I have found out that the doctors does not care. All they wnt is your money. Once they get that they don't care. There are very few people that says theirs is doing great. I have my doubts about that. I am sure not having the other one done.Where did you have yours done.
Burton

Belconnen, Australia

#3 Aug 16, 2011
I live in a small country town in Australia. I had a knee replacement 15months ago and it seemed to go downhill from about 6months. I kept asking the doctors if I should get some physiotherapy or more exercises, as the only ones I had seemed pretty basic. They just kept telling me to walk more and it would be fine. I don't think he cared. I did some research myself and found a site rehabonthenet. It has a knee replacement exercise book. It is a bit early to know how well it works (2 weeks), but at least I feel like I am doing something!!
Margaret Erickson

Kensington, Canada

#4 Aug 17, 2011
Burton wrote:
I live in a small country town in Australia. I had a knee replacement 15months ago and it seemed to go downhill from about 6months. I kept asking the doctors if I should get some physiotherapy or more exercises, as the only ones I had seemed pretty basic. They just kept telling me to walk more and it would be fine. I don't think he cared. I did some research myself and found a site rehabonthenet. It has a knee replacement exercise book. It is a bit early to know how well it works (2 weeks), but at least I feel like I am doing something!!
Would love to know the site on the internet - I am only 2 months post-op and doing well but just don't feel my knee is as good as it good be. I swim a lot but would like to know all and any execises that would help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knee Replacement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tkr 5mos post op and no longer can straighten leg? 5 hr darla 1
partial vs full question... 14 hr Jayhawk 2
Double Knee Replacement Post-Op Question (Jul '08) Thu Ricki 9-15-10 2,543
Muscle spasms following TKR (Apr '11) Thu Rhonda 35
DePuy Attune Knee Wed Gayle Salamone 1
Is Bonesmart.org Worthwhile? (Jan '14) Wed brown33 243
peripheral neuropathy after knee replacement (Dec '11) Aug 24 Mary 167
More from around the web