bilateral knee replacement
aloma

Sullivan, MO

#1 Jan 4, 2012
i am 7 weeks post op and concerned about my pt progress, my pt seems to be very slow at improvement and I was sick with the flu for a week and was not doing much exercise. my rom really suffered. iam worried as well as frustrated. Am I over reacting? I am walking without a cane for the past two weeks or so, slowly.My bending the right knee is very hard. my measurement of bend was 90 today after pt and was 78 when we started today, so there was improvement with one session,but tonight I know it has tightened back up. How long before I see that the stretching doesnt just relapse after each session? I had both knees done nov. 9th,
Brenda

AOL

#2 Jan 5, 2012
aloma wrote:
i am 7 weeks post op and concerned about my pt progress, my pt seems to be very slow at improvement and I was sick with the flu for a week and was not doing much exercise. my rom really suffered. iam worried as well as frustrated. Am I over reacting? I am walking without a cane for the past two weeks or so, slowly.My bending the right knee is very hard. my measurement of bend was 90 today after pt and was 78 when we started today, so there was improvement with one session,but tonight I know it has tightened back up. How long before I see that the stretching doesnt just relapse after each session? I had both knees done nov. 9th,
I just say Bless YOu. I am fixing to leave now and go to thearpy. I am going into my 18th month. Hopefully before to long it will be back to normal. I really don't like the Doctor that did mine. He wasn't truthful about a lot of things before and after surgery. I still say that most of them are in it for the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knee Replacement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After total knee still swollen and feels hot to... (Sep '12) 10 hr Doreen 136
Burning sensation after TKR (Dec '09) Jun 19 Frustrated 2 44
3 1/2 years after TKR still with pain in knee (Jul '13) Jun 18 Phomp 168
blood pooling in knee after stryker tkr (Apr '12) Jun 18 LHammer 77
Loose Antibioctic Spscer. Jun 17 Robert Marro 1
Popping and clunking sounds coming from new knee (Jul '07) Jun 15 Roja 301
Knee replacement pain 9 months post-op (Feb '10) Jun 15 RiccardoFire 485
More from around the web