Makoplasty
kathleen

Reno, NV

#1 Jul 23, 2010
My doctor suggested Makoplasty on my right knee. I have severe arthritis and I am 44 years old. Looking to see if anyone has had experience with Makoplasty?

Thanks
Kathleen
Bob

Roseville, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Kathy I am 5 weeks past my surgery. Swelling is still there I cam bend maybe 87 degrees. Sleeping is hit and miss. I would really investigate all the promises that are made. I am very disappointed. I never thought it would be this painful this long.
Bob

Roseville, CA

#3 Jul 29, 2011
I am 61 years old and not over weight.
Chris Miami Fl

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2011
I wouldnt do it. My makoplasty experience has been purgetory. I have posted extensively on another thread. Maybe you can find those posts.--I just posted there today also.

Its been awhile, you may have already had the surgery.
Give us an update..
Bruce

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Kathleen I am sure you have already made your knee replacement decision and I hope it went well.

For the sake of balance I wanted to share my experience with Makoplasty. I am 62 and an overweight male. I was up and walking the first day for very short duration but by the second day I could walk with a kane several hundred feet and navigate stairs (only bending the "well" leg).

I never needed a pain pill and suffered very minor discomfort.

Now four weeks later I have no pain. I can walk extended distances (a mile and more) normally and without pain. I can walk rapidly if necessary but have not tried anytype of running or jogging. Range of motion is being worked on but is about 110 degrees and can straighten within about 8% of fully straight.

For me, so far, the operation was a huge success and greatly exceeded my expectations.
Tom

Pine Grove, CA

#6 May 21, 2013
Bob wrote:
Kathy I am 5 weeks past my surgery. Swelling is still there I cam bend maybe 87 degrees. Sleeping is hit and miss. I would really investigate all the promises that are made. I am very disappointed. I never thought it would be this painful this long.
Who did your surgery and are you any better today 5-21-2013

Thanks
Chey

Elk Grove, CA

#7 Oct 28, 2013
I am 47 and makoplasty is my only option left. Supartz didn't work. Cortisone didn't work. I feel stuck with no other alternatives. I am a level 4 of 4 osteoarthritis of medial knee. Any good results out there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knee Replacement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After total knee still swollen and feels hot to... (Sep '12) Fri Ladhume 133
total knee replacement problems (Dec '12) Fri beck 51 sc 46
News Knee Replacements with DePuy (Feb '10) Mar 23 No name 105
pain after partial knee replacement (Aug '10) Mar 22 Laghdam 243
News Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) Mar 22 nogods 60
peripheral neuropathy after knee replacement (Dec '11) Mar 21 Connie 197
Blisters after surgery? (Jun '08) Mar 21 Tnz 100
More from around the web