AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

I went for four months of therapy. I have joinged the Y and I am going to start monday. I do some of my thearpy at home. This tightenss is making my leg stiff. The doctor said it will get better and that I am doing great. How can you be doing great when your knee and leg feels like cement
Florida girl

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2011

I, too, went for three months of therapy and was discharged having met all of my goals. I am now at post op 5 months. I have tightness and my knees feels like a bag of cement also. My doctor states I am doing fine. I continue to complete in home exercises and curves 2x weekly.

If someone has experienced this please advise if there is anything we can do or how long this tightness is expected to last.

Thanks

Since: Mar 11

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Heaviness feeling of the knee after the replacement surgery only shows that the device is not working or has failed. An example of this is the Zimmer Knee Recall. You can also visit this site. http://www.zimmernexgenkneerecall.com/updates...
Nail

Gillespie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

SarahDowning wrote:
Heaviness feeling of the knee after the replacement surgery only shows that the device is not working or has failed. An example of this is the Zimmer Knee Recall. You can also visit this site. http://www.zimmernexgenkneerecall.com/updates...
Sarah, I see you are still at it......class action suit not filled up yet??
Maureen Manchester NJ

Mountainside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

I had total knee replacement on both knees -- its been a year and I still have the heaviness in both knees the surgeon says he can give me no medical reason for this. I did 10 days in patient rehab pt for 24 sessions & continued to do the exercises at home; I also tried aqua therapy; the surgeon told me to try a stationary bike to build of my triceps....it's been a long year...I am always conscious of the ache in my knees, the stiffness when I get up and of course the heaviness.....the only consolation to this is that there, unfortunately, other people experiencing what I feel.....I am so drained
Rajni Ahuja

Aston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Judged:

Maureen Manchester NJ wrote:
I had total knee replacement on both knees -- its been a year and I still have the heaviness in both knees the surgeon says he can give me no medical reason for this. I did 10 days in patient rehab pt for 24 sessions & continued to do the exercises at home; I also tried aqua therapy; the surgeon told me to try a stationary bike to build of my triceps....it's been a long year...I am always conscious of the ache in my knees, the stiffness when I get up and of course the heaviness.....the only consolation to this is that there, unfortunately, other people experiencing what I feel.....I am so drained
I had my knee replacement surgery in Dec 2010 and it was Stryker knee. I have had cement like heaviness feeling ever since. My doctor got a number of tests done and found that it was a pinched nerve which was causing this issue. After getting pinched nerve surgery done a few days ago I am not seeing any difference. Actually it seems to be worse. Also I have a tingling feeling in the knee as well.
Are you feeling any better now after another 5 months. If so what has worked for you.
Rajni
Diana

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Wow! I feel the same way, I had my right knee replacement last year in Feb. 2011
And I still have pain and numbness in my knee and pain below my knee, when I stand to long it hurts and after sit down. It's really a bummer because I like to go walking and my knee starts hurting. And also have the heaviness too!
Thank you for your input that it might be the nerve damage that is causing the pain.

Thanks
Rajni Ahuja

Aston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

Diana wrote:
Wow! I feel the same way, I had my right knee replacement last year in Feb. 2011
And I still have pain and numbness in my knee and pain below my knee, when I stand to long it hurts and after sit down. It's really a bummer because I like to go walking and my knee starts hurting. And also have the heaviness too!
Thank you for your input that it might be the nerve damage that is causing the pain.
Thanks
Thanks for your comments. Has your doctor provided any reason for your condition? Also who is the manufacture of your knee. I am trying to find out if it is unique to any particular manufacturer or is it related to how surgery was performed. Any feedback you can provide will be highly appreciated and hopefully we can find a way to help each other.
thanks
Marjorie Jones - London

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Diana wrote:
Thanks
I had knee replacement 15 months ago and the tightness and heaviness is still there. this has now affected my thigh and hip. Surgeon now considering more surgery to replace the knee.
Marjorie Jones - London

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

I had knee replacement 15 months ago and the tightness and heaviness is still there. Surgeon thinks there may be an infection, if so joint will be removed and another operation for another knee.
Marie South Wales

Blackwood, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I had right knee replacement surgery 14mths ago and due to not being able to bend my knee I had manipulation 10 wks later. It has been extremely challenging despite constant excercise at home and in the gym. I still have difficulty walking and my knee feels very heavy (as described by many other people like a block of cement).The tightness, heaviness and stiffness is very exhausting and frustrating and creates many other problems as a result of not being able to mobilise correctly. I had epidurals for both operations. I have had a severe back problem since the second operation which cause pain whilst sitting. I'm afraid I don't have any advice I can pass on as everything I've tried hasn't helped a great deal but it may help someone to know that you are alone. I contine to exercise in the hope that it will eventually be better.
Marie South Wales

Blackwood, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Marjorie Jones - London wrote:
I had knee replacement 15 months ago and the tightness and heaviness is still there. Surgeon thinks there may be an infection, if so joint will be removed and another operation for another knee.
Hope you are ok now and you didn't have to endure another knee replacement. Also hope the tightness and heaviness has gone.
Leigh

Seneca, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Maureen Manchester NJ wrote:
I had my TKR done July of 2010. I am on my 3rd opinion and still not doing well at all. I have not had a waking moment that I don't feel the heaviness, burning, stiffiness. It's all I can do to walk. I had to go last month and buy me a lift chair because every time I get up and down I nearly scream.
Nancy D

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Had left knee replaced 3 years ago and it is great. Had right knee replaced 2 years ago and did not work. No pain when sitting or lying down, but when walking it feels like a 10 lb. weight in my knee and use a cane . Am now having a series of neuroma injections...no relief yet. Same doctor, sam hospital.....
Sue D

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Thanks for all the comments. I am on my 7 week post op from bilateral total knees. Some days I take 2 naps and feel exhausted. My blood count was. 7.1 and received 2 units of blood on the 3rd day post op. I have to admit I thought I would be good to go after 3-4 weeks. I was totally unprepared for the experience. Quite often I feel like I have 2 basketball for knees. I was just glad to hear that I'm not being a big baby. I told my PT and she asked me "what part of the conversation did I miss?"
Deborah

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

I had my TKR nine weeks ago and the last two weeks I have experienced significant pain, swelling, and limited mobility. Also the heavy sensation had set in. Feels like I have been going backwards instead if seeing improvement. I have been very aggressive with my physical therapy, hope I have not damaged the artificial joint. During your recovery have you had your knee give way? I have almost fallen several times.
Kate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

I had bilateral knee replacement 6 wks. ago. I felt I did great and I am very active but my knees feel stiff and heavy in the evening. I was told it takes 6 months for total recovery and the last 20% the most difficult. I take a pain pill around 4 and when I go to bed.I hope heaviness goes away.
TrishaZ

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

I had bilateral knee replacement in August 2013, and 4 weeks later I had manipulation under anesthesia. My bend has stopped at 98% and PT told me to see my surgeon as there is nothing else they can do.
My legs feel like a 2 year old hanging on my legs very heavy and sometimes I just can't walk straight. I see my surgeon tomorrow and hopefully will find an answer to this.
Debbie

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

I seem to have all the same problems everyone is talking about. Im 11 months after surgery. I woke this morning with pain around my knee when I move in a certain way. Its a shooting pain, I wish someone would come up with an answer. Its so sad that I feel no better at 11 months than I did at 6.
TrishaZ

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

I saw my surgeon on the 8th and he told me just keep working at it and he will see me again in 8 weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Knee Replacement Forum right now

Search the Knee Replacement Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Bonesmart.org Worthwhile? (Jan '14) 5 hr Solar Cycles 12
Lack of stamina after knee replacement (Jul '11) 5 hr gerrry 41
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) 9 hr Nogods 54
pain after knee replacement (Apr '12) 19 hr woody mcclendon 70
partial knee replacement (Aug '09) 23 hr PBB 94
post knee replacement problems (Apr '06) Mon Nogods 2,812
Failed Total Knee Replacement Mon Sola Cycles 3
•••
•••