Alternative, Natural Relief for Irrit...

Alternative, Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel Syndrome

There are 7 comments on the Associated Content story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Alternative, Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. In it, Associated Content reports that:

There are quite a few prescription medications which those who live with IBS can take to relieve symptoms, however those medications work in less than half of patients, leaving the majority of patients searching for alternative relief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

SGM

Des Moines, IA

#1 Apr 22, 2011
I definitely love my probiotic. I have been taking Vidazorb for almost two years and it's great!! Really helped our family.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 25, 2011
AloeElite has worked great for my sister! It got her through tough times, especially when she's stressed during midterms. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat: http://www.aloeelite.com/

Since: Jul 11

San Josť, Costa Rica

#3 Oct 17, 2011
A lot of times you only need to make a diary of your eating habits and see what seems to give you the most problems. An eating and drinking lifestyle change may be in order for you to stop the problem. There are also a lot of natural herbs that will help.

“Consultant Gastroenterologi st”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#4 Oct 19, 2011
jyang wrote:
AloeElite has worked great for my sister! It got her through tough times, especially when she's stressed during midterms. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat: http://www.aloeelite.com/
I have always thought that aloe vera as a helpful natural treatment in bowel disease. A lot of my patients have always subjectively felt that this was helpful, although when you look, the scientific evidence is sketchy. A recent study, http://goo.gl/LNFl1 , found little benefit, but like most of these studies the numbers involved in the trials are small.
Dr Peter Thatcher www.ibs-help-online
chanel le

Brampton, Canada

#5 Oct 19, 2011
Nicely put, you could think of the positive cosmos directing our energy to the vast universe all day long as well as meditation, relazation, breathing, abthing and living in zen 24/7=problem is 9 out of ten will still be constipated. I found those that cut out dairy and fluten fair better. Dairly produces a substance similar to morphone in your intestines and most of us have a mild allergy to it unless it is unhomgenized, unpasterized and straight from the utter, which the healthiest milk you can get, and despitye what the government wants you to beleive=it is the healthiest choice period. Some with gluton sensitivities and GMO foods which we all love and all are convenient. 2nd is medications, esp. of the opiate variety, 3rd. is thyroid problems or IBS. I found that the womens laxative power that you put in tes or water, which is tasteless works good. Stool softeners are also good without being too addicting. I recently started the master cleanse diet. and as part of it twice a day i had to drink 16 ozs of water with organic sea salts without iodine. or to replace 1 a laxative tea. This works forr most people. Every year I take clean prep, at the pharmacy OTC (which is used for colonoscopies, etc. it tastes like crap and is a lot of preep, but it takes out that 10-15 pounds or more leftover waste that is stuck to the colon wall that no amount of diet, exercise or laxatives can do alone. Also be carefu;l of fiber, too much in c
some people can actually bulk up the conyents together and make it worse. To do fiber, u have to drink water almost all day long and almost always take a stool softener with it. Best to drink 8 cups of water a day, use the salt, drink apple cider vinegar to alkalize the body, keep low on carbs and dairy, eat a lot of greens, fruits and vegatables and twice a week eat moderate carbs and once a week, traet yourself. Hope this helps. Colonics are worth the money too. I just got one actually presribed from my doctor today.
teresa

Cobourg, Canada

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment - http://ibs.digestivescience.com/ct/99781 Just wanted to write and say that I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.
Ashley

Ojai, CA

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Yes, probiotics are good for IBS but you want "live" probiotics and not just those pills. Also, you need to allow your digestion system to heal and not just focus on supplements. If you do not allow your digestion to heal then you will be a slave to supplements for the rest of your life. Our digestion system is like our skin or bones: they can regenerate themselves if you just leave them alone! I learned the system at http://stomachsolution.com/ibs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Irritable Bowel Syndrome Isn't All in Your Head... Apr '15 HumanSpirit 1
IBS anyone? Jan '15 AndrewGut 1
Ibs and periods (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ibshelp 1
Waste keeps coming out... (Jun '14) Sep '14 RonnieRichard 3
Dating site for IBS sufferers (Jul '07) Sep '14 Patrick 19
INSERT your Fart Joke HERE. (Aug '14) Aug '14 My Butt That_s Funny 1
News Diverticulitis patients reveal psychological, p... (Jul '14) Jul '14 william 1
More from around the web