desert harvest aloe vera
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
carolyn

Canada

#1 Feb 16, 2006
I've been taking desert harvest aloe vera for 4 months, seems like it has worked better the first 2 months.
anyone else use this? any alternatives to drugs work for you?
Kcee

Coral Gables, FL

#2 Mar 27, 2006
HI, I have used aloe but like everything else it only seems to work for a while. For me I am worse when I eat the wrong things. Have you tried anything new lately that has worked??
carolyn wrote:
I've been taking desert harvest aloe vera for 4 months, seems like it has worked better the first 2 months.
melissa

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 7, 2006
alganot and cystoprotek work! thank god! no more elmiron!
Kcee

Coral Gables, FL

#4 Jun 7, 2006
carolyn wrote:
I heard that Aloe is also good for your bladder, the problem with this disease is diet is the real problem for us. Anything with acid in it like hot foods such as Mexican or tomatoes or shell fish or sodas or tea or coffee are very bad but it is so hard for me because they are all my favorite foods!!!
Jan

AOL

#5 Jun 11, 2006
melissa wrote:
Have u ever tried Prelief
Carol

Boise, ID

#6 Jun 27, 2006
hello
Kcee

Coral Gables, FL

#7 Sep 5, 2006
Jan wrote:
<quoted text> Have u ever tried Prelief
did nothing for me. I still wake up on fire when I eat or drink the wrong food........:(
Kcee

Coral Gables, FL

#8 Sep 5, 2006
melissa wrote:
I Melissa I'm in Parkland/Coral Springs which is close to you. I have never tried alganot or cystoprotek, are the herbal or medicine? You mean they take the symptoms totally away?? I mean I have it really bad I take Elmiron every day along with pain medicine about 4 or 5 times a day, that's how bad I have it I'm in constant 24-7 pain......

I would love your email for more info....
Rhoda Reyburn

Clarksville, IN

#9 Jan 2, 2007
melissa wrote:
Are they still working for you?
Dawn

AOL

#10 Jan 31, 2007
I Melissa I'm in Parkland/Coral Springs which is close to you. I have never tried alganot or cystoprotek, are the herbal or medicine? You mean they take the symptoms totally away?? I mean I have it really bad I take Elmiron every day along with pain medicine about 4 or 5 times a day, that's how bad I have it I'm in constant 24-7 pain......
I would love your email for more info....Melissa, my name is Dawn and I live in LasVegas and have yet to meet someone that can relate with me.I to have 24/7 pain and take elmiron and pain meds along with other things that arent sure work.Please email me at tufftwo@aol.com.Hope to hear from you.
Dawn

AOL

#11 Jan 31, 2007
I have had I.C.for 6yrs and it would take me hrs to list every medication i have tryed along with procedures,doctors,medical ceters,labs and xrays.I have 24/7 pain and I to take elmiron and pain meds,along with countless other medication and am at the point of doing Interstim.Please email me and I will tell you things i have had done and am trying.Thank You,tufftwo@aol.com
Julie

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Feb 8, 2007
I have been taking Healthy Life Harvest IC Aloe Vera and it worked for me overnight and has worked for me for 3 years now. I just stumbled on this website when I was looking for something for my husband for valentines day and decided to let you all know that the Healthy Life IC Aloe Vera is great, I love it.
I use the Original formula but they also have a formula that has other things in it. I am a woman that sticks with what works so I have not tried the new formula. You can read all about it at www.ICaloe.com it is a great product and I love the company too because they are spiritual and I am as well.
Many Blessings,
Julie
lynn

Rosamond, CA

#13 Mar 28, 2007
i am just starting desert harvest aloe vera in place of elmiron.
went to an IC support group last night which was hosted by a urologist. he strongly recommended: elmiron, elavil and an antihystimine. he was very sincere in his attempts to help IC patients. i was discourage however by some of his comments, that it gets worse the older you get? i had never heard this before. Any thoughts?

la_meryl@yahoo.com

thanks a lot and feel better everyone, Lynn
Igottapy

Peoria, AZ

#14 May 27, 2007
melissa wrote:
Hi Melissa,
What is alganot and cystoprotek, and where would I find it?
Thank you. Igottapy
Igottapy

Peoria, AZ

#15 May 27, 2007
I just read an article on the Mayo Clinic website regarding the use of Aloe over extended periods of time.
The article states that ingesting Aloe increasese the risk of colorectal cancer and hepatitis. Also can cause dependency for bowel movement, and/or constipation when usage is stopped.
Deborah

Marietta, GA

#16 May 29, 2007
I am writing in response to the inquiries about CystoProtek. I am the product manager for CystoProtek at Alaven Pharmaceuticals. I was researching IC and came across this message board. Alaven recently purchased CystoProtek from Algonot. We are in the process of developing a web site dedicated to CystoProtek, but in the meantime you can find information on the product and how to order it at our general web site www.alavenpharm.com . CystoProtek is a non-prescription treatment for IC that was developed by a physician at Tufts University, Dr. T. C Theoharides. CystoProtek is a natural dietary supplement in softgel capsules that has been clinically demonstrated to relieve symptoms associates with IC. The anti-inflammatory properties of the chondroitin sulfate, quercetin and rutin reduce bladder damage and pain, while the glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronate sodium help replenish the damaged glycosaminoglycan (GAG) protective layer in the bladder. CystoProtek’s beneficial effects for IC are believed to be due to this dual action. YOu can call us directly to order the product at 1-888-317-0001. Thanks for your interest. I hope we can help you. Good luck with your illnes and keep the faith. There are many IC patients out there who have found good treatments and are living successfully with the illness.
tiredofbs

AOL

#17 Jun 3, 2007
Deborah,
I lokked at the pages for Cystoprotek.. Nothing tells how many pills are in the bottles ar anything about recommended dosages for IC. I just lost my health insurance and I have been on Elmiron.. With no job or insurance I HAVE to find an alternative to the Elmiron..
I just live north or Marietta.. Wil there be any place to pick them up when you get this all finalized?
Thanks
Deborah

Marietta, GA

#18 Jul 3, 2007
tiredofbs wrote:
Deborah,
I lokked at the pages for Cystoprotek.. Nothing tells how many pills are in the bottles ar anything about recommended dosages for IC. I just lost my health insurance and I have been on Elmiron.. With no job or insurance I HAVE to find an alternative to the Elmiron..
I just live north or Marietta.. Wil there be any place to pick them up when you get this all finalized?
Thanks
I apologize for taking so long to reply. I haven't checked this message board in a while. CystoProtek has 120 gel caps per bottle. Dosage is 2 capsules 2 times daily with a meal. At this time you can order either by calling our toll free number - 1-888-317-0001 or by clicking on www.alavenpharm.com and going into the Products section.
elizabethsmith

San Jose, CA

#19 Jul 28, 2007
I have been taking Cystoprotek and Desert Harvest aloe vera capsules since late Jan. 07 AND I followed the IC diet very strictly for at least 4 months, until my bladder healed. I am FINE now. I sleep through the night, I don't pee a lot, and I don't have pain. At the advice of a researcher in this field, I take these 2 products because he told me they work best when taken together. I take 3 aloe vera 2X a day and took 2 Cystoprotek 3X a day for 5 months. Now I take 2 2X a day. For 4 months I also only drank Evian or Fiji water or another high PH water --7 or over. Water is acidic unless it has a PH of 7 or over. it is expensive to do this, but it soothed my bladder to the extent now that I am well.
For heaven's sake, if you want to heal your bladder, why not stop eating spicy food and all the other bad stuff for a while? Isn't your health worth it? If you had cancer, would you continue to smoke? Maybe you would. I wouldn't. While your bladder is healing, don't drink coffee or tea (try Caffix--it's great w/ milk), don't eat mexican food, or tomatoes, don't drink soda, stay with the program. THen when you bladder begins to heal, you can start to experiment and see what agrees with you.
For those who are wondering about these 2 products, my experience is that they are both terrific. Obviously, they will not agree with everyone, but they are good products, and your doctors will not likely recommend them, because doctors love drugs and drug companies too much to consider the "alternatives," even when they work for so many of us.
Tim

United States

#20 Aug 11, 2007
I have bad case of IC, diagnosed this week via cystoscopy.

I wonder if Cystoprotek and Aloe Vera capsules are OK with Casodex and Lupron for advanced prostate cancer and 3500 mg daily Valtrex for suppression of Shingles?

Uro. prescribed Elmiron which i'll start in a week now that the hemmoraging from the cysto stops, since Elmiron is a blood thinner.

I wonder if there's a good skin moisturizer for IC, and good for IC hair products like 'shine' and hairspray?

email me at TwoHusbands@hotmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstitial Cystitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Bovine Colostrum is healing my disease Inte... (Jun '12) Mon Shanon30 22
Does anyone out there with IC find they react t... (Sep '07) Oct 28 Auna 9
Anyone had this before? Oct 18 Mazoli_IC 2
IC & Hysterectomy (should I be worried) Aug '18 flaca 1
dmso Aug '18 JAL 2
Why is Interstitial Cystitis so common now with... (Mar '06) May '18 Debbie 248
My story (Mar '18) Mar '18 Max59 2