Sydney

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Mar 31, 2011
I used to be really fit (size 4) and when I started struggling with IC i blew up to a size 16. It sucks and its hard to lose weight with such a restricted diet (no fruit, seriously?) not to mention the pain and urgency makes it very difficult to get a good workout in. I started a blog about this and I want to connect with other people who are struggling with the same issues as me. Even if you don't have a weight loss problem, IC is still frustrating and debilitating. I would love to connect with some of you! www.icgirl.blog.com
Noraisha

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Apr 15, 2011
I have identical problem with IC and weight gain.I find out through my research that most people who have IC also have hypothriod.Since my hypothriod problem is solve my weight started to come down. I use to weight 130 pounds at 5'7" frame before IC and thyroid problem,than I balloon up to 170. Since my Dr. put me on synthriod and exercise on rowing machine plus IC diet I lost 15 pounds in 3 months.Please go to the urologist and get your thyroid check.Best of luck.
Sydney as well

Sydney, Australia

#3 May 22, 2011
Hi

Yeah I have weight issues with my OC as well. I was about a size 8 when I was diagnosed and am now about a size 12. As u both said having IC makes it so jars to exercise and therefore more difficult to lose weight. I walk which is ok but obviously gives slower results. I used love a good work put but the IC flare that followed wasn't worth it.

It's so hard to deal with IC and try and keep Yr chin up I hate these other little extra blows u get from having IC.

Thanks for sharing so comforting to know someone else is experiencing what I am.

Thanks again
Adrianne

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Hello all
Please keep your heads up. I had a severe case of ic all of college. It took several years tO get my symptoms under control. I still battle occasionally today but it is under control for the most part. I found a combination of cysta-q and elmiron is most effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstitial Cystitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
* Great VIDEO set Dec 13 maurilappi 5
Recurring cystitis after sex (Feb '07) Dec 13 icproblems 155
Info. on unusual bacteria causing IC (Nov '07) Dec 11 icpainand tiredof it 51
Signs of bladder infection might indicate somet... (Jan '13) Nov '14 LucyCanales 5
try this for interstitial cystitis Nov '14 vaaustin 3
How Bovine Colostrum is healing my disease Inte... (Jun '12) Oct '14 Tom 17
Possible IC Oct '14 Ella 4
More from around the web