Julie

Wakefield, UK

#1 Jun 4, 2007
I have suffered from Cystitis for many years and have ended up being admitted to hospital on several occassions.

There has to be nothing worse than going to the loo and feeling that familiar feeling that you know will end in pain, tears, feeling like crap and feeling sorry for yourself.

After many trips to the hospital and all the tests that one can go through; nothing has been found. So, since January 2007 I have been determined that I will NOT get cystitis again and I have been following the rules below with success - I honestly beleive that by living by these rules, I have prevented cystitis haunting me!!

Rule 1
Only wear thongs/g-strings occassionally. I used to wear them every day but now I wear cotton 'boy' pants - VPL I know, but hey, its worth it!

Rule 2
Take a bath at least once a week - twice a week or more during your period. As a shower person I rarely used to bath but I do now!

Rule 3
Drink one glass of water in the morning (before your tea/coffee) and then at regular intervals throughout the day. Obvious I know, but if you tell yourself you have to do it, it soon becomes habit!

Rule 4
Always go to the toilet after intercourse - then wash or pour some warm water on yourself so that it flushes away any germs.

Rule 5
On the rare occassion I do feel an attack coming on, I take two paracetamol and make myself a big mug of warm weak milky tea. I always have a bath as soon as I can and so far this has stopped an attack progressing.

Thats about it and this has worked for me since January with NO CYSTITIS! Prior to that I was a regular once a month cystitis suffer......good luck girlies :)
Denise

Malta

#2 Apr 23, 2008
Oh, I wish what worked for you would work for me too. That almost sounds too good to be true - no more antibiotics and most of all no more pain and discomfort. I basically already follow every rule you mentioned, except for bathing. I hardly ever have a bath, tend to go for a quick shower instead, so I'm going to have a nice warm bath right away. Thanks.
chantal

Chelsea, Australia

#3 Jul 16, 2012
please can anyone out there help my daughter is 25 and suffers so bad she has contemplated taken her life, endless ops medicatio galore and nothing working im desperate for help with this cystitis. she also has polycystic ovary syndrome and has had 5 ops alone this year pleas any suggestions my heart is breaking for her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interstitial Cystitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Interstitial Cystitis so common now with... (Mar '06) Tue Claire 216
Info. on unusual bacteria causing IC (Nov '07) Sep 12 Rouse 48
try this for interstitial cystitis Aug 29 richraybould 1
Recurring cystitis after sex (Feb '07) Aug '14 Ibz giro 153
IC with hunners ulcers (May '07) May '14 jean in Dublin 31
How Bovine Colostrum is healing my disease Inte... (Jun '12) May '14 kicat 11
IC Cure May '14 Alice 1
•••

Interstitial Cystitis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE