Doctor Warns of Widespread Flu Outbre...

Doctor Warns of Widespread Flu Outbreak - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 23, 2012, titled Doctor Warns of Widespread Flu Outbreak - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Doctors are warning of a widespread flu outbreak in central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Santa

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Hoping everyone stays healthy.
Betty

Crozet, VA

#4 Dec 24, 2012
If you think you have it immediately go to your doctor or a local clinic to get a prescription for tamiflu. It must be taken in the first 48 hours - but it works and significantly lessens the time and severity of the illness.

I have several friends who got tamiflu and were ill one-two days and others who did not and were very ill and are still coughing and feeling sick 3 weeks later.
Lambie52

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Dec 24, 2012
I had a flu shot in Oct. and now have the flu. Can't understand it. Didn't know about tamiflu, but sure wish I had.

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Dec 25, 2012
@Lambie52 the flu-shot is not 100% fool proof...it is a preventitive measure, but not 100%
Flu Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Dec 25, 2012
The strains of flu that the annual flu vaccine protects against is based on guesses made by the CDC as to what types willl hit this year.

Welcome to the government health craps table!
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 Dec 25, 2012
Betty wrote:
If you think you have it immediately go to your doctor or a local clinic to get a prescription for tamiflu. It must be taken in the first 48 hours - but it works and significantly lessens the time and severity of the illness.
I have several friends who got tamiflu and were ill one-two days and others who did not and were very ill and are still coughing and feeling sick 3 weeks later.
Tamiflu is garbage. It was investigated in Canada for being fraudulent, and suspected of killing children in Japan. And quit pretending your Santa
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Dec 26, 2012
doctors get kickbacks from pharmaceuticals just like politicians get money from lobbyists, fear mongering is what its all about.
Cough Cough Hack

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Dec 26, 2012
sez you wrote:
doctors get kickbacks from pharmaceuticals just like politicians get money from lobbyists, fear mongering is what its all about.
Those lobbyists are from Pharma too and politicians get their share.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Cough Cough Hack wrote:
<quoted text> Those lobbyists are from Pharma too and politicians get their share.
"Gilead is politically well connected: Donald Rumsfeld served as chairman from 1997 until he became U.S. Secretary of Defense in 2001; former Secretary of State George Shultz and the wife of former California Governor Pete Wilson serve on the board"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir
Loretta

Calhoun, GA

#14 Dec 30, 2012
Went to McGaheysville December 21 for Christmas vacation with family. First member of family showed symptoms 12-22, five of us ill by 12-24.
Happy New Year

Allentown, PA

#15 Dec 31, 2012
I've heard many negative comments about flu vaccines. Personally, I couldn't go without it. Ever since I was a child, I would get the flu every year around the same time - the end of December or beginning of January. After 40 years of severe bronchitis every flu season, it took a toll on my lungs. The doctor said my lungs looked like a battlefield and asked if I was a smoker. There is no way I could ever smoke cigarettes, and I'm glad that I never did. The last flu episode had me so ill that I landed in the hospital for a week with Pneumonia. Anyway, about 8 years ago I began getting the flu shot and I've never been sick other than an occasional mild cold. The flu shot saved my life and I'm grateful for it. 3 years ago it was discovered that I had Hypothyroidism so I wondered whether the flu shot had anything to do with that, but my doctor said no. My mother, aunt and cousin has it too, so it is very likely hereditary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Influenza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) Feb 17 raven 61
News Why vaccines don't cause autism Jan 24 FAKE NEWS 1
News Halton paramedics kept busy this flu season Jan '17 take a taxi 1
News Important vaccines that should not be missed by... Jan '17 LIFELONG IMMUNITY 1
News Flu Tightens Its Hold on the Nation Jan '17 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Free screenings, flu shots offered in January Jan '17 butters_ 4
News Flu rising, but not rampant yet Dec '16 BPT 2
More from around the web