CVS/Pharmacy Survey: Half of Consumer...

CVS/Pharmacy Survey: Half of Consumers Say They Won't Get a Flu Shot This Year

There are 3 comments on the Health News Digest story from Oct 11, 2012, titled CVS/Pharmacy Survey: Half of Consumers Say They Won't Get a Flu Shot This Year. In it, Health News Digest reports that:

WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 11, 2012 -- Despite recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that everyone 6 months or older get a flu vaccine every year, just over half of the respondents to a consumer survey conducted by CVS/pharmacy say they do not plan to get a flu shot this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Health News Digest.

Harlan, IA

#1 Oct 12, 2012
Im Fine and in my latter 50,s never get flu shots and never will and stay away from people who do .
Anti vaccine viewpoints

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 18, 2012
You confuse causation with correlation. Your lack of protection from the flu is not the reason why you are "Lucky" or "Fine" without them.
I am glad to hear you will be staying away from the rest of us that actually are responsible and get the immunizations we need.
Hope you never get the shingles.

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
I don't get the flu vaccine for myself, I get it for my nieces. They are only four. They do go to preschool and I worry that if they get the flu it would be a very bad experience for everyone. I get the flu shot to help protect them within a group of people who can't get the flu and bring it home to them. I would feel terrible if one of my co workers or friends gave it to me, then I brought it back to them. If I didn't have an elderly person or a small child I see on a regular basis, I am not sure if I would get one. But since I do, I do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Influenza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's time to get your flu shot Oct 7 Vaccines Cause SH... 1
News Flu vaccine may also protect against pneumonia Oct 6 anothervoice 2
News Free flu shots today in Chico Oct 1 Here Is One 1
News Is there such a thing as 'ethical' vaccines wit... Sep 30 friend 7
News Doctors Endorse Flu Immunization and Other Vacc... Sep 27 Daddy 2
News Flu Shots!!!!!!!!!00000000 Sep 27 FACIST REGIME 4
News Our Opinion: Go get your flu shot Sep 25 Squeak 1
More from around the web