CVS/Pharmacy Survey: Half of Consumers Say They Won't Get a Flu Shot This Year

Oct 11, 2012 Full story: Health News Digest

WOONSOCKET, R.I., Oct. 11, 2012 -- Despite recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention that everyone 6 months or older get a flu vaccine every year, just over half of the respondents to a consumer survey conducted by CVS/pharmacy say they do not plan to get a flu shot this season.

Full Story
Lucky

Harlan, IA

#1 Oct 12, 2012
Im Fine and in my latter 50,s never get flu shots and never will and stay away from people who do .
Anti vaccine viewpoints

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 18, 2012
You confuse causation with correlation. Your lack of protection from the flu is not the reason why you are "Lucky" or "Fine" without them.
I am glad to hear you will be staying away from the rest of us that actually are responsible and get the immunizations we need.
Hope you never get the shingles.
Colleen

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Oct 31, 2012
I don't get the flu vaccine for myself, I get it for my nieces. They are only four. They do go to preschool and I worry that if they get the flu it would be a very bad experience for everyone. I get the flu shot to help protect them within a group of people who can't get the flu and bring it home to them. I would feel terrible if one of my co workers or friends gave it to me, then I brought it back to them. If I didn't have an elderly person or a small child I see on a regular basis, I am not sure if I would get one. But since I do, I do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Influenza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugstores, retailers dive deeper into vaccines Thu Vaccines Maim Kill 1
A&M to dedicate key element of vaccine center Thu Vaccines Maim Kill 1
Health officials urging young, middle-age folks... Thu Vaccines Maim Kill 1
Health center offers free flu shots Sep 5 sam 2
Flu vaccine for youngsters Sep 2 Vaccines Cause Au... 3
Ready yourself - flu season is around the corner Aug 31 vaccines maim kill 1
US labs ready to work on Ebola drugs if asked Aug '14 Hurry up 1
•••

Influenza People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE