Fertility Patients Favor Donating Unu...

Fertility Patients Favor Donating Unused Embryos for Research

There are 6 comments on the Health Resources story from Jun 20, 2007, titled Fertility Patients Favor Donating Unused Embryos for Research. In it, Health Resources reports that:

“We understand the perspective of lawmakers, advocates, etcetera, but we really didn't know what the preferences of infertility patients were or what animated their decisions”

About half of patients being treated at U.S. fertility clinics say they'd be somewhat or very likely to donate their unused embryos for stem cell research, a new survey finds. via Health Resources

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Health Resources.

truth4all

East Hampton, CT

#1 Jun 21, 2007
Hey political jackasses-get off the liberal bandwagon.There are alternate ways to harvest stem cells other than from embryos.The placenta,umbilical cords, amniotic fluid, as well as adult sources have been used to harvest stem cells.You people that want to create a human life only to destroy it for your own greedy purposes are no better than Hitler when he euthanised all of the mentally retared and disabled in his country before he started killing the Jews, Catholics, and everyone else.The Constitution protects LIFE,liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That is what we have fought numerous wars over.That means that all embryos are protected not only under the Constitution, but God's laws as well. "Thou Shalt not kill." It is not your decision to decide when life is created, nor is it your right to destroy a human life.Conception is the syngergistic event that initiates the process of human developement.If you knew anything about history, you would know that the Ten Commandments were the basis that early lawmakers used both here in the US an in Europe.They recognized a"Supreme Being,"Perhaps we should start killing nitwits like you that support killing embryos so that we can harvest your organs so that intelligent people who need a liver, lung or orther transplant can have them. It would be a good way to rid the world of idiots.
American

Mount Vernon, MO

#2 Jun 21, 2007
Actually the Hebrew word for kill in the Ten Commandments is "Murder" not kill. I applaud Mr Bush for his veto.
Gerry

Ontario, OH

#3 Jun 21, 2007
American wrote:
Actually the Hebrew word for kill in the Ten Commandments is "Murder" not kill. I applaud Mr Bush for his veto.
Yes he needs these embryos so that in 20 years they can fight his wars. So that they can die for him.

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#4 Jun 21, 2007
If the patients are for it and the doctors will do it, then the busybodies in government and the branwashed god fearers need to just shut the hell up and let the scientific community get on with its life saving research.
medical problems

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 26, 2007
I have an eye disease called Keratoconus in both eyes that has effected my quality of life since 16. I'm now 30 years old and cant even bear to think of what my quality of life will be like when I'm 50. They can do cornea transplants for my condition, but that is the last resort when vision is for the most part uncorrectable with known means. I just don't get it. I have a disease that could possibily benifit from stem cell research but I'm told no because the stem cell is human. So to get things strait a talking breathing human like me is worth no more than a frozen cell.

I do know that if my vision goes and transplants dont take I'll be taking my own life instead of being blind. Some say being blind isn't so bad and you can still be productive, but thats usually from the ones that have sight.

I just wish those so against this research could experience a life altering disease like KC, Parkinsons, Alzheimers or a injury such as brain or spinal cord either through them or a loved one.

Since: Apr 07

Miami

#6 Jun 26, 2007
medical problems wrote:
I have an eye disease called Keratoconus in both eyes that has effected my quality of life since 16. I'm now 30 years old and cant even bear to think of what my quality of life will be like when I'm 50. They can do cornea transplants for my condition, but that is the last resort when vision is for the most part uncorrectable with known means. I just don't get it. I have a disease that could possibily benifit from stem cell research but I'm told no because the stem cell is human. So to get things strait a talking breathing human like me is worth no more than a frozen cell.
I do know that if my vision goes and transplants dont take I'll be taking my own life instead of being blind. Some say being blind isn't so bad and you can still be productive, but thats usually from the ones that have sight.
I just wish those so against this research could experience a life altering disease like KC, Parkinsons, Alzheimers or a injury such as brain or spinal cord either through them or a loved one.
Excellent point, it really drives home the human aspect of this story.

If I live to be a million, I will never understand how someone can truly believe that a possible potential future human life is more sacred and special than an actual existing human life.

These people would sooner protect a tiny clump of undifferentiated cells than your eyes.

They are the farthest thing from "pro life" yet that what they call themselves. It's more than disturbing. It's infuriating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Infertility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Left over fertility meds 2 hr Robin 1
Follistim 900iu Sep 23 Netter010784 1
Gonal-F, Lupron and Novarel for cheap! Sep 23 Trying_4 2
Gonal-f, Ovidrel, Menopur and Cetrotide availab... Sep 23 Trying_4 8
Follis rim 900iu Sep 22 Netter010684 1
Gonal F 900ml, Ganirelix, Menopur, HCG for sale Sep 22 Sandyssk 14
HUMIRA - looking to buy Sep 22 Alex 2
More from around the web