IVF & a new job
Jessica

Rishon Le Zion, Israel

#1 Feb 16, 2008
Hello,
I would like to know if before beginning a new job I must inform my employer about my IVF treatments and which are my rights during my working period. In case of I do not do so, does my new employer have the right to fire me for not having informed him of these treatments?
NYbird

Musselburgh, UK

#2 Feb 17, 2008
Hi, I'm not in the legal profession, but I don't believe you are obligated to reveal something like that. Infertility, or any other medical condition is a private matter. Also, if someone was trying to get pregnant naturally, would they be expected to reveal that? I don't think so, and your need for IVF should not become discriminatory matter. With that said, how you were to manage IVF treatment in a new job can be tricky. If your clinic can do early morning appointments and is near to where you work, you could do a cycle without having to tell work at all. Hope this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Infertility Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Extra IVF meds? 4 hr Blessedalways 40
~~IVF meds well sealed Menopur, Gonal f, Follis... 6 hr susanyketsey 5
IVF well Sealed: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelex,... (Feb '16) 7 hr susanyketsey 58
Buy Pregnyl, menopur, Follistim from (hersenren... 7 hr susanyketsey 1
IVF Meds needed 14 hr Djmagee2000 4
ISO Menopur 75 & Gonal-F or Follistim 200 14 hr Djmagee2000 3
Extra meds - Gonal-F and Ovidrel 20 hr babyonway 2
More from around the web