surrey bc

Chilliwack, Canada

#42 Aug 8, 2009
hi!
I am suffering from thyroid since 11 yrs.it was hyerthroid before now it is low(hyothroid).my eyes are also affected..........i wanna know is there any treatment for my eyes..........i am really depressed because of it.
Mitzi

Salt Lake City, UT

#43 Sep 10, 2009
I was just diagnosed with Hashimot's and am wondering if I should have started on the Amour. I have heard the formula has changed and is not good. I'm really at a loss due to the fact I have NEVER had anything to compair it to. Is the negative reports just hype? Help with advise please!
Mitzi

Salt Lake City, UT

#44 Sep 10, 2009
Ooops...Let me correct my spelling errors!! "Hashimoto's", and "Armour". Sorry!

“to trolls everywhere”

Since: Aug 08

la...la...la...la...

#45 Sep 10, 2009
Mitzi wrote:
I was just diagnosed with Hashimot's and am wondering if I should have started on the Amour. I have heard the formula has changed and is not good. I'm really at a loss due to the fact I have NEVER had anything to compair it to. Is the negative reports just hype? Help with advise please!
I have seen people post on other sites about this very thing. The pills are not working as well or people are reacting to them differently. Maybe a binder change? anyway, many are using other thyroid meds, instead of the Armour. I take Levo, and hope to add synthetic T3.
Mitzi

Salt Lake City, UT

#46 Sep 11, 2009
Thanks for responding. I feel like the Armour is doing something. I don't understand why Forest would change the formula when they have had such great results with the original. I haven't contacted my Doctor to ask about changing, but I have went undiagnosed for this long, maybe I will stay on the Armour and see if the symptoms change.
Good luck with adding the T3. All of this is so new to me I appreciate input, so Thank you again!

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#47 Sep 12, 2009
Mitzi wrote:
Thanks for responding. I feel like the Armour is doing something. I don't understand why Forest would change the formula when they have had such great results with the original. I haven't contacted my Doctor to ask about changing, but I have went undiagnosed for this long, maybe I will stay on the Armour and see if the symptoms change.
Good luck with adding the T3. All of this is so new to me I appreciate input, so Thank you again!
You might switch to Naturethroid or Westhroid - similar to Armour, different manufacturers.
Mitzi

Brigham City, UT

#48 Sep 12, 2009
Thx Azquitter..I will look into changing it due to the difficulties with finding it let alone the side effects changing with new formula!
no more hashimotos

Houston, TX

#49 Sep 21, 2009
melanie wrote:
Hi - i've recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, thus hypothryoid. I'm taking armour thyroid - just 3 weeks now - and i can't say i really feel a dramatic difference. Also, I think i've gained about five pounds - yuck.
Any encouragement you can offer me would be so appreciated - i cry and sleep a lot - and this is not working out so well with my husband kids altho they're all trying to be supportive.
thanks!
Very Long story short.....had Hashimoto's/thyroid antibodies (around 90). Started taking Glyconutrients/Ambrotose from a company called mannatech. After 2 months, blood tests showed my antibodies completely neutralized!! I will take Ambrotose for the rest of my life. It is not a guarantee from the company, all I know is that that was the only thing I changed and after 2 months blood results changed. I have since had blood tests throughout the course of a year, and they continue to be gone!! You must take the ambrotose consistently (work up to 1 tsp. 2x a day and drink at least 64oz of purified water a day. When the antibodies are neutralized then your treatment with armour actually has a chance to help you. If you have antibodies your treatment is not nearly as effective. At least for me, it was impossible. Not only are my antibodies gone, I have increased energy and my gut is much healthier. Blessings....
Suses

Burlington, Canada

#50 Sep 29, 2009
Katharina wrote:
<quoted text>
I switched about mid May to a 30mg dose - in the beginning I felt amazing then suddenly I started feeling worse (my TSH 8.67), so my doc increased the dose to 60 mg which I've been taking since July 7. She also said that it takes about 6 weeks for the new dose to adjust and switching from synthetic to natural might bring anxiety, fatigue and even depression. All this shall pass.

Who is your doctor in Mississauga? Would you recommend her?
Kertwink

Windsor, Canada

#51 Dec 10, 2009
I was diagnised with hypothyroidism a few years ago and was on Synthroid up until recently when I was switched to Eltroxin. Now I don't have any bad side effects from it - but with but Synthroid and Eletroxin I still feel fatigued, my hair is falling out and brittle, I'm constapated, have low libido, have gained some weight, and just feel depressed alot of the time... I just heard of Armour Thyroid in the Dr. Oz Show this afternoon and googled it - I wonder if it might help? I think I might make an app't with my doctor, but I don't know if it's available in Canada.

“to trolls everywhere”

la...la...la...la...

#52 Dec 10, 2009
Kertwink wrote:
I was diagnised with hypothyroidism a few years ago and was on Synthroid up until recently when I was switched to Eltroxin. Now I don't have any bad side effects from it - but with but Synthroid and Eletroxin I still feel fatigued, my hair is falling out and brittle, I'm constapated, have low libido, have gained some weight, and just feel depressed alot of the time... I just heard of Armour Thyroid in the Dr. Oz Show this afternoon and googled it - I wonder if it might help? I think I might make an app't with my doctor, but I don't know if it's available in Canada.
I think it is called "Thyroid" in Canada. I understand that it is the old formulation of Armour.
JanSoames

London, UK

#53 Dec 13, 2009
Please has any one managed to get hold of nature throid... another natural like armour. Is it available in the UK? Do Gps know about it as mine didn't appear to nd he couldn't find any info/research on the internet so he said.
Derek

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#54 Jan 8, 2010
I was prescribed Nature-throid (similar to Armour) on Monday. I starting taking it Wednesday, so today, Friday, is my third day. I'm starting at 1/2 grain, or 32.5mg. I'm 26 years old, male, athletic -- natural bodybuilder, with no health problems but for my low thyroid. Interestingly, my thyroid hormones came back normal -- TSH of 2.27 in June 2009 and TSH of 1.7 or something in December 2009 -- but I most certainly don't feel normal. In my opinion, because the normal range is like .35 to 5.5 or something, my normal is closer to .35, especially considering my youth, me being a male, and my athletic history. The main sign I noticed was slow speech. Felt like my mouth was lagging behind my mind, which defininitely adversely affected any kind of convo with someone. I'd speak more vanilla-like and with less wit than before. Some people may interpret this feeling as cognitive dysfunction or thinking slower, which is what I may've thought at first, but my mind feels fine. Also had bradycardia, cold hands and feet, some weight gain (went from 215 to 227, although I did eat more pasta and stopped working out with weights as much as I usually did), and perhaps decreased sweating. I believe my low thyroid was caused by excess consumption of soymilk and soy protein concentrate over the course of 1.5 years, although I waited so long to stop because I thought the speech was due to something else, namely Propecia (for hair loss). How long does this stuff take to work? I have some interviews scheduled for a few weeks from now and my speech honestly will determine my future, in my opinion. My doctor said to take 1/2 grain for four weeks, then one grain for four weeks, then 1.5 grains for four weeks, and then see him again. Has anyone else had this speaking side effect? Seriously, it has made me go from a silver tongued stand up comedian type guy to a guy who, interally, is that same guy, but I have to make my speech so plain because I don't feel like I have the fluidity to mesh my sentences together. It's not so much looking for the right word, but something that is perhaps hard to understand unless you've gone through it.
Derek

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#55 Jan 8, 2010
How are you feeling? Armour, Wes-Throid, and Nature-Throid are essentially the same. Same amounts of hormone. Wes and Nature used to be different in that Wes contained corn starch as a filler, but now they're the same I believe. Armour reformulated their filler. I take Nature-throid. My doctor gave me an adrenal support multivitamin but I have no stress in my life. I'm 26, just finished up grad school last May, and I live at home with no job at the moment, so I work out and sleep and that's about it. Never really had stress either. Not sure where he got that diagnosis from.
shelly wrote:
Hi .. after five years and four TSH tests showing "normal" I finally found a doc that tested t3 t4. I was diagnosed yesterday as having hypothyroidism. I almost yelled "yippee". Not happy that I have it but happy that finally someone validated how I have been feeling and hoping that it can be treated. The doc started me on Armour but when I went to the pharmacy that gave me westhroid. The pharmasist stated that they were the same ... has anyone tried both and prefered one over the other?? Also .. the pharmasist stated I needed to take adrenal support vitamins to reap the full benefits of any thyroid medication. I have tried the adrenal support vitamins and they wig me out.. I get anxious and mean when I take them .. any advise??
HRS

East Dublin, GA

#56 Apr 5, 2010
What over the counter meds are safe for sinus headaches or minor aches and pains? Most things say to check with doc if you have a thyroid disorder before taking so I'm sure many people already have learned what is safe and what is not. Grandson is 18, hypo, and needs something for sinus headaches, other than nasonex to unstop the pressure.

What's safe for a headache, whether sinus or just tension?
Kev

Guildford, UK

#57 Apr 6, 2010
Charles wrote:
Hi Lisa,
Can you please contact me at CBDEXTRE@yahoo.co.uk.
I have hashimotos and currently take 125mcg + half of 0.25, still feel tired, a little sluggish and very anxious, at work my work colleagues notice, and i'm a little paronoid at the mo...
Please help, i want my life back.
It was a slow progressive illness, the doctors reckon its been about 4 years and i didnt really notice as i was going doen the gym 3 times a week, running weights etc
Please give me you recommendation, i'm only 30, used to be full of energy.....
Charles
<quoted text>
Hi Charles, let me know if you are successful in getting Armour in the UK. Kev
Dontstopbelievin g

Ardmore, PA

#58 May 12, 2010
I started taking armour 3 months ago
I couldn't lose any weight no matter how hard I tried for 2 years.
My soon to be EX Husband constantly tormented me over my weight and foggy, depressed moods.
Now I am a new woman and have lost 35 pounds and am back to my high school weight of 110 !(I am 32)
Marcy

College Station, TX

#59 Jul 22, 2010
I don't monitor my temperature but I can tell you that I literally break out in a sweat most of the day unless i'm in a room that is super cold. My house thermostat stays around 68-70! One of the symptoms of hypothyroidism is elevated body temp..are you on meds? I just started Armour Thyroid this morning. I'm crossing my fingers that this will get me feeling better soon. I'm a mother of three busy children and I need to feel better so I can hang with them like I used to. My B-12 levels were also SEVERELY low. If anyone on here hasn't had that checked out, you should. This can make you feel very sluggish...etc. Look up B-12 deficiancy.
melanie wrote:
Oh - one more question does anyone run a constant one degree or so high temp with hypothyroid - i have been for about four weeks.
jansoames

London, UK

#60 Jul 23, 2010
Dontstopbelieving wrote:
I started taking armour 3 months ago
I couldn't lose any weight no matter how hard I tried for 2 years.
My soon to be EX Husband constantly tormented me over my weight and foggy, depressed moods.
Now I am a new woman and have lost 35 pounds and am back to my high school weight of 110 !(I am 32)
How long before the weight started to come off. Been onERFA for 2 weeks
Akemi

AOL

#61 Jul 29, 2010
My Doctor has just switched my medication from Synthroid to Armour due to hair loss. Synthroid made me loose weight rapidly, I went from 119Lbs to 107Lbs in 45 days and I also noticed that the outer corners of my eyebrows were almost gone.
With Armour I'm not exepriencing weight loss, neither loosing my hair but it sure gives me insomnia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hypothyroidism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levothyroxine & Weight Loss (Jul '07) Sat Help 3,255
thyroid result is 9.06 May 20 marigold 1
Will Armour bring my hair back? May 19 Terri 1
Thyroid Information, Symptoms, Supplements And ... May 18 edgarbranton12 1
Edgar Branton May 18 edarbranton12 1
Help..... May 17 Terri 2
What is the endocrinologist supposed to test? May 17 Terri 3
More from around the web