BJH

Santa Maria, CA

#1 Aug 23, 2011
I am 74 y.o. & began going through menopause many years ago. Was on Premarin until warning of heart attack side affects became well know. I took a natural hormone which did work some but afraid to take long term so quit that too. I am still having hot flashes on a regular basis. Do they ever go away or will I take them to my grave?
Annie

Bristol, UK

#2 Oct 19, 2011
Have every sympathy with you. I have had hot flushes for almost fifteen years maybe more. I am 61yrs old and i fear i shall never be without flushes especially at night when i am awake up to five times at night. Would love to have a good sleep.Have tried everything various HRT , diet, accupuncture etc to no avail. Have been diagnoised in January with Graves disease no one can tell me if there is any link.
You would think in this age there would be some way of controlling them.
sharon

United States

#3 Oct 7, 2012
I've had them for 10 yrs. and after 9 went on bioidentical hormones. they were better, but didn't stop them.. I dont want to take hormones either, so I just tried a new product called Brevail, its a pure form of flax oil. I AM AMAZED!! I have tried lots of natural products,This is working for me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hot Flashes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suzanne Somers advocates 'natural' approach whe... (Aug '07) Nov 5 drdeepti 17
People's Pharmacy: Sexual side effects fro... (May '12) Jun '14 Guillermo 15
Hormone Therapy for Menopause (Aug '11) Dec '13 sammintu1985 7
Hormone therapy raises cancer risk (Jan '08) Nov '13 sammintu1985 12
hot flash relief (Feb '06) Nov '13 Miya Allen 4
Pain during nighly hot Flashes (Oct '10) Oct '13 Miya Allen 5
Health risks fade when women quit estrogen (Apr '11) Oct '13 Miya Allen 3

Hot Flashes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE