Observant Jews Ignore HIV

Observant Jews Ignore HIV

There are 13 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 16, 2013, titled Observant Jews Ignore HIV. In it, EDGE reports that:

Over the years, I've known some masseurs in New York City. All of them told me that ultra-Orthodox Jewish men, nearly all of them married and the heads of large families, constituted a part of their client base.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 16, 2013
Secrecy and furtiveness are prime causes of transmission.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#2 Dec 16, 2013
And let's not forget the rampant sexual abuse of children by rabbis and some ultra orthodox leaders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24804...

Bernard Freilich
Yehudah Friedlander
Joel Gordon
Israel Grunwald
Solomon Hafner
Alan J. Shneur Horowitz
Israel Kestenbaum
Yehuda Kolko
Robert Kirschner
Ze'ev Kopolevitch
Baruch Lanner
Jerrold Martin Levy
Richard Marcovitz
Juda Mintz
Avrohom Mondrowitz
Howard Nevison
Michael Ozair
Robert Shapiro

Among others.

Why is it that it's okay to name catholic priests, imams, buddhist monks and others who molest kids and rape women, but not certain other people? It doesn't matter that we're discussion the same actions, the same crimes, it's considered "anti-semitism" to mention others doing the same thing.
Boris

Moscow, Russia

#5 Dec 16, 2013
Nothing worse than a [email protected] jew. They're even worse than black [email protected]

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Dec 16, 2013
And don't forget that gang of Jews in Brooklyn who viciously attacked that gay black man, causing him serious injuries. I have not heard that any arrests have been made in that case.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#11 Dec 16, 2013
Before this thread turns into a "get the Jews" thread, let's try to remember that just as all Catholics, or all Lutherans, or all any other group has its' vile types, not all of any group, religious or otherwise, is not evil intrinsically. Some are, some are not. So let's refrain from generalizations. Thank you.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#12 Dec 16, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Before this thread turns into a "get the Jews" thread, let's try to remember that just as all Catholics, or all Lutherans, or all any other group has its' vile types, not all of any group, religious or otherwise, is not evil intrinsically. Some are, some are not. So let's refrain from generalizations. Thank you.
The communist Party (any communist party) nor the Nazi Party is NOT intrinsically Evil ?! I, along with millions of other people, disagree with you on that.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#14 Dec 16, 2013
P_Smith wrote:
And let's not forget the rampant sexual abuse of children by rabbis and some ultra orthodox leaders.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24804...
Bernard Freilich
Yehudah Friedlander
Joel Gordon
Israel Grunwald
Solomon Hafner
Alan J. Shneur Horowitz
Israel Kestenbaum
Yehuda Kolko
Robert Kirschner
Ze'ev Kopolevitch
Baruch Lanner
Jerrold Martin Levy
Richard Marcovitz
Juda Mintz
Avrohom Mondrowitz
Howard Nevison
Michael Ozair
Robert Shapiro
Among others.
Why is it that it's okay to name catholic priests, imams, buddhist monks and others who molest kids and rape women, but not certain other people? It doesn't matter that we're discussion the same actions, the same crimes, it's considered "anti-semitism" to mention others doing the same thing.
Specifically who said it is not okay? I seem to recall quire a bit of press about that pedophile rabbi in New Jersey some years back.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#15 Dec 16, 2013
As a secular (and now atheist) person of Jewish background, I have never been interested enough in the Talmud to want to wade through any of the thing ("things" actually, as there are two of them). But I'd be curious about the passage specifically condemning anal sex. Can anyone quote it. I assume it is more specific than "thou shalt not lie with man as with woman" for the Torah.

Since in large term statistics oral sex does not transmit HIV on amjor scale but rather in isolated cases, it sounds like many of these Haredi Jews are indeed having anal sex.

I find Haredis as embarassing to Jews as snake handlers are to reasonable Christians. As Ralph said, all religions have people who are evil. I would further add that they also all have lots of people who are stupid.
Chad

UK

#16 Dec 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
And don't forget that gang of Jews in Brooklyn who viciously attacked that gay black man, causing him serious injuries. I have not heard that any arrests have been made in that case.
Which group do you hate more, blacks or jews?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Dec 16, 2013
dkd8 spq5dkm 74 qo4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Portraying ss relationships as ok to young children is dangerous. Very dangerous.
Are you a blood donor Snyper?
I stopped a few years ago. Before that I had several gallons to my credit.

Why?

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#19 Dec 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
The communist Party (any communist party) nor the Nazi Party is NOT intrinsically Evil ?! I, along with millions of other people, disagree with you on that.
I was talking about PEOPLE. I know for a fact that the Nazi Party was joined by some who otherwise were good people that were duped by Hitler. Many regretted having joined but by the time they realized who and what he was, it was too late to quit. I would imagine that the same happened in the Communist party, particularly in the U.S.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Dec 17, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about PEOPLE. I know for a fact that the Nazi Party was joined by some who otherwise were good people that were duped by Hitler. Many regretted having joined but by the time they realized who and what he was, it was too late to quit. I would imagine that the same happened in the Communist party, particularly in the U.S.
YUP ! That Heinrich Himmler guy and that Uncle Joe Stalin guy were such GREAT guys !:) We all miss them so much.:(

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#21 Dec 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
YUP ! That Heinrich Himmler guy and that Uncle Joe Stalin guy were such GREAT guys !:) We all miss them so much.:(
I don't know why I even try to discuss something with you after all this time. I should know by now that you don't want to discuss, but just try to make what you consider little humorous jibes. To you the whole world is black and white. Good and evil. Too bad the world is really full of gray areas. A concept which you obviously do not grasp.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

HIV/AIDS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stop The HIV Cuts Demonstrations in California (Jun '09) Sep 18 Wondering 12
hiv anonymous chat room (Oct '12) Sep 16 Magicmaui 2,304
Looking for a friend Sep 16 Magicmaui 1
News AIDS Experience Comes to Northern California (Feb '08) Sep 14 TBone 19
News Put to the test: A young woman talks life with HIV (May '16) Sep 13 jan 2
Dating between HIV+ people - https://hivlovers.... Sep 13 Foxido 4
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... Sep 13 ABC 232
More from around the web