America opposes gay marriage

America opposes gay marriage

There are 1775 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Dec 1, 2009, titled America opposes gay marriage. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The New York Times on Nov. 11 reported Maine's rejection of same-sex marriage as "a stinging setback for the national gay-rights movement." It repealed the state's new law allowing same-sex marriage passed by the Legislature in May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 89
Next Last

“Resist or Die”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2122 May 3, 2010
Zappo, you do know homosexuals don't rule the world, right? They're not even in the midst of taking it over. You sound like your raving against Hitler or Bush or something.
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#2124 May 3, 2010
Politicians are overlooking the rights of people to select their sexual preference. The liberties of people that proclaim to be gay may very well be imprisoned in a state of mind brought on by the use of psychotropic or anti-depressant drugs and therefore have been denied the right of choice. Anyone who beleives that their rights have been denied and forced into homosexuality as a result of pharmacutical mind drugging should contact an attorney.
BS Detector

Venice, CA

#2125 May 3, 2010
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so you are seemingly unable to address the topic directly, but almost pathologically unable to let an issue pass without having the last word, even if that last word has nothing to do with the topic at hand, preferring once again to resort to personal attacks.
Bravo, way to contribute nothing.
Wrong. You lied again. But one wonders why you are obsessed with trying to score points against somebody who clearly does not agree with you, has no respect for you, and has repeatedly shown you to be dishonest? What's the payoff for you? Continuing your charade? At this point, that is all you are doing.

And continuing with your own hypocrisy, note that you have only petty personal attacks on me, indicating your continuing obsession, substantiating your own dishonesty, and reinforces my notion that you are not straight.

So, what's your payoff for this game you're playing?

Feel free to have the l;ast word. But if it is your usual dishonesty, said dishonesty will be noted and exposed.

Deal with it.
BS Detector

Venice, CA

#2129 May 3, 2010
lides wrote:
One wonders why you seem unable to answer simple questions or address the topic at hand directly. Perhaps it is too difficult to form a considered opinion and support it than it is to simply mount a base personal attack.


Asked and answered. Several times. Is it my fault you seem to require a special presentation?

You're not that special. You're dishonest.

Don't blame your dishonesty on me to try and deflect your hypocrisy.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2132 May 4, 2010
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked and answered. Several times. Is it my fault you seem to require a special presentation?
You're not that special. You're dishonest.
Don't blame your dishonesty on me to try and deflect your hypocrisy.
And you, sir, are a BS Generator.

I support gay marriage, as others have mentioned, legal marriage promotes stability. Gay marriage would bring about equal protection under the law, and thus far I have not seen the drawbacks. I have no idea what the underlying principals of your position are, seeing as you are unwilling to expound upon them. What ever is the point of commenting, if one refuses to comment?

Perhaps you are mistaking which forum in which you are advocating against gay marriage? There seem to be a number of them that you are commenting on.
Adam Smith

Queensbury, NY

#2136 Jul 24, 2010
I am a big fat bald gay man and I love gay men..
samuel welsh

Kyoto, Japan

#2137 Jul 29, 2010
I m absolutly against ay marriage and teaching thier vial culture.

Since: Mar 10

United States

#2138 Jul 30, 2010
Adam Smith wrote:
I am a big fat bald gay man and I love gay men..
What will the neighbors think??? Geez Ward, don't you think you were a bit hard on the Beaver last night???

If the boys want to get married, Let them, they will get drunk and beat the crap out of each other... Who will get the China in the divorce settlement?
PDupont

Greenfield, MA

#2139 Jul 30, 2010
samuel welsh wrote:
I m absolutly against ay marriage and teaching thier vial culture.
No one cares and by the way, you can’t spell for sh*t.

Since: Jul 08

757

#2140 Aug 6, 2010
The Federal judge got it right.

In America, which is a Constitutional Republic and NOT a Democracy, where the Rule of Law should triumph over "Mob Rule".

I am glad to see that our system still works for equality for all Americans.

I would like to congratulate all of those that are in same-sex relationships. This is a victory for all Americans.

There will be those that will be vocal in their opposition to SSM, and I can't wait to hear their arguments - especially if it goes to the Supreme Court.
I have found that those that oppose SSM do so for one of two reasons: 1) "Religious Beliefs", which, in my observation, is beginning to evolve. I think that one of the three "types" of Judiasm now recognizes SSM.
And 2) They personally just don't like it.

I know that in the past, I have been outspoken AGAINST Same-Sex Marriage. I am a changed person. I now know that same-sex couples getting married does not affect my marriage - or marriage in general - in any way.

I think that SSM opponents somehow think that if someone is gay that they are some sort of sexual predator or deviant. I have run into quite a few open and outspoken gays, but there are outspoken heteros too.

In my opinion, the greatest danger to marriage are these "Marriages of Convenience", the trend of "Starter Marriages" and the like. How many people marry for money, or some other reason other than love and committment, and end up either divorced or trapped in a bad marriage?

Sexual orientation is not a choice. Sexual behaivior is, but that goes for everyone. We should all keep our private lives private.
American heads in sand

Bennington, VT

#2141 Aug 7, 2010
$100 Billion A Year Levy Is About Bankrolling Global Government And Lining The Pockets Of Con Artist Oil Men Soros, Strong and Gore, Has Nothing To Do With Saving The Environment
Despite the failure of last year’s Copenhagen climate summit, the United Nations is pushing ahead for a global carbon tax that will bankroll the expansion of world government as globalists attempt to make Americans pay for the evisceration of their own sovereinty and future prosperity.

“Carbon taxes, add-ons to international air fares and a levy on cross-border money movements are among ways being considered by a panel of the world’s leading economists to raise a staggering $100 billion a year to fight climate change,” reports the Associated Press.

British economist Nicholas Stern called for government regulations to pave the way for a “new industrial revolution….to move the world away from fossil fuels to low carbon growth.”

Fresh food that lasts from eFoods Direct

The panel will present its final proposals to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in October, a month before the next climate conference meets in Cancun, Mexico.

As was revealed during the Copenhagen negotiations, the global tax that the elite are pushing for will not even go to the UN to fight carbon dioxide, the evil life-giving gas that humans exhale and plants breathe. A leaked document obtained by the London Guardian during the summit exposed the fact that the tax will do directly to the coffers of the World Bank, and this revelation led to poorer countries refusing to sign a properly binding resolution on CO2 emissions.

The UN panel’s members include billionaire globalist George Soros, who has been calling for a carbon tax for years. Soros has $811 million of his own money invested in Petrobras, the Brazilian oil company.

The fact that Soros plays both sides of the rigged game emphasizes once again the fact that the carbon tax has nothing to do with saving the environment from the mythical threat of global warming and everything to do with industrialists who own the carbon trading systems getting filthy rich while crucifying U.S. sovereignty at the altar of global government.

With electricity and gas prices set to soar following the introduction of a carbon tax, people like Soros and Al Gore, who are heavily invested in energy companies and also own huge chunks of the carbon trading market, are set to make obscene profits.
American heads in sand

Bennington, VT

#2142 Aug 7, 2010
The Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) has direct ties to both Al Gore and Maurice Strong, two figures intimately involved with a long standing movement to use the theory of man made global warming as a mechanism for profit and social engineering. Gore’s investment company, Generation Investment Management, which sells carbon offset opportunities, is the largest shareholder of CCX.

Maurice Strong, who is regularly credited as founding father of the modern environmental movement, serves on the board of directors of CCX. Strong was a leading initiate of the Earth Summit in the early 90s, where the theory of global warming caused by CO2 generated by human activity was most notably advanced.

Both Strong and Gore come from the Club of Rome clique, who in their 1991 Report,“The First Global Revolution” openly admitted how they were planning to exploit the contrived hoax of global warming in order to further their agenda.

“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.,” they wrote.

Massive oil companies like British Petroleum, were amongst the founding members of the carbon trade lobby. BP has supported the Kerry-Lieberman climate bill and other so-called “green” initiatives every step of the way because, far from acting as a punishment for big polluters, they represent a financial windfall.

Transnational oil companies like British Petroleum and Exxon Mobil have been amongst the biggest promoters of man-made global warming because they are headed up by globalists who understand that the carbon tax will do nothing to help the environment but will be used to bankroll the implementation of global government while swallowing up whatever deposable income impoverished Americans have left.

The elite are still desperate to impose a consumption tax on Americans as part of the move towards a “post-industrial revolution” and the kind of nightmare “green economy” that has left Spain with a 20 per cent unemployment rate. In a so-called green economy, over 2.2 jobs are lost for every “green job” created.

A carbon tax would impact almost every aspect of Americans’ lives, from higher gas prices, to soaring utility bills, to exorbitant excesses related to the “energy efficiency” of their homes. It would be enforced by an army of environmental regulators and green police poking their noses into the private affairs of citizens.

The “green economy” is nothing more than a euphemism for an organized effort on behalf of big business and global elite to completely eviscerate the middle class and introduce levies and regulation into every area of our lives.
Pebbles

Blandford, MA

#2144 Nov 15, 2013
burn wrote:
I see Mr. Murphy is at it again. With him it's either abortion or gay marriage. How pathetic.
Let me inform mr. Murphy and the other homophobes that gays will be allowed to marry in the near future. Demographics are on their side. The majority of opposition to gay marriage is led by people in the 55-75 age bracket. Younger people are much more accepting to the concept. When this demographic dies off, gay people will finally get their civil rights.
And std's will soar among those young people as a result of this 'concept' and that demographic will 'die off' as well. From ignorance.
Pebbles

Blandford, MA

#2145 Nov 15, 2013
American heads in sand wrote:
$100 Billion A Year Levy Is About Bankrolling Global Government And Lining The Pockets Of Con Artist Oil Men Soros, Strong and Gore, Has Nothing To Do With Saving The Environment
Despite the failure of last year’s Copenhagen climate summit, the United Nations is pushing ahead for a global carbon tax that will bankroll the expansion of world government as globalists attempt to make Americans pay for the evisceration of their own sovereinty and future prosperity.
“Carbon taxes, add-ons to international air fares and a levy on cross-border money movements are among ways being considered by a panel of the world’s leading economists to raise a staggering $100 billion a year to fight climate change,” reports the Associated Press.
British economist Nicholas Stern called for government regulations to pave the way for a “new industrial revolution….to move the world away from fossil fuels to low carbon growth.”
Fresh food that lasts from eFoods Direct
The panel will present its final proposals to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon in October, a month before the next climate conference meets in Cancun, Mexico.
As was revealed during the Copenhagen negotiations, the global tax that the elite are pushing for will not even go to the UN to fight carbon dioxide, the evil life-giving gas that humans exhale and plants breathe. A leaked document obtained by the London Guardian during the summit exposed the fact that the tax will do directly to the coffers of the World Bank, and this revelation led to poorer countries refusing to sign a properly binding resolution on CO2 emissions.
The UN panel’s members include billionaire globalist George Soros, who has been calling for a carbon tax for years. Soros has $811 million of his own money invested in Petrobras, the Brazilian oil company.
The fact that Soros plays both sides of the rigged game emphasizes once again the fact that the carbon tax has nothing to do with saving the environment from the mythical threat of global warming and everything to do with industrialists who own the carbon trading systems getting filthy rich while crucifying U.S. sovereignty at the altar of global government.
With electricity and gas prices set to soar following the introduction of a carbon tax, people like Soros and Al Gore, who are heavily invested in energy companies and also own huge chunks of the carbon trading market, are set to make obscene profits.
fRaUdS eVeRyWhErE....
EVERYWHERE!!!!
Bam Bam

Blandford, MA

#2146 Nov 15, 2013
Jeebuss wrote:
Sexual orientation is not a choice. Sexual behaivior is, but that goes for everyone. We should all keep our private lives private.
Children is and always has been the goal. To deprive any child of a mother is a form of abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 89
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

HIV/AIDS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for partner 5 hr gorgeousme 29
Whatsapp group for hiv positive singles-interna... (Jan '16) 6 hr Betty 62
hiv anonymous chat room (Oct '12) Wed Ironikfan 1,992
i want a love positive white girl Wed kane 1
HIV!!! scared!!! :( .please read and leave a re... Wed scaredtodeath1990 1
Jhb lady who wants to make friends Wed Pearl 3
I need a serious man (Feb '16) Wed suezma 19
More from around the web