Only 1 in 3 HIV-Infected Black Americ...

Only 1 in 3 HIV-Infected Black Americans Gets Effective Treatment: Study

There are 5 comments on the Health.com story from Feb 7, 2014, titled Only 1 in 3 HIV-Infected Black Americans Gets Effective Treatment: Study. In it, Health.com reports that:

Even though drugs that can keep HIV at bay are available, only about one in three black Americans with the AIDS-causing virus have their infection under control, U.S. health officials said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Health.com.

smdh

Tampa, FL

#2 Feb 8, 2014
From the article:

"According to CDC statistics, one in every 16 black men will become infected with HIV during his lifetime."

So I guess the CDC is 'racist' too?

How long will Blacks live in denial?

"“About half of the estimated 1.1 million people in the U.S. living with HIV are African American. When we look at the 2010 data, about half of all the new infections each year also have been among African Americans,” McCree noted."

HALF of the HIV cases come from just 13% of the population!!! So right now about 1.5% of all AAs already have HIV?

I guess burying heads in the sand must work...like a bunch of ostriches...

People been saying for years that the real enemy of the Black man, is the Black man...
Sadbuttrue

Falls Church, VA

#3 Feb 8, 2014
smdh wrote:
From the article:
"According to CDC statistics, one in every 16 black men will become infected with HIV during his lifetime."
an...
Why Dating IR leads BW to marriage-Dating BM "Void of values" is a waste of many women's time!

Despite Black men venting and saying White men/other races don't marry Black women; many do when they date them. Other race of men have a tendency to "marry" because they have those patterns while Black men are more "geared" to using women for sex, gain or to put a roof over their heads at the women's expense.

The gender war has decreased Black men's options within the race; many attractive, traveled, educated Black women are opening their options. Their unwilling to settle for Mr. Marginal Black man who comes knocking on their door." bringing nothing to the table". Many instances; Black males just want "any woman" even if the values are not the same.!

I even hear many White women complaining about Black males and how their left with biracial babies to raise alone, why the black man cheats with other White women and lives in her place!

Many of these shrewd Black women want someone on their level even if that means dating/marrying outside the race. They realize that most Black males want to "Run games" or waste time being "Cultural players" for decades investing in elusive pursuits like sex, sports or bragging rights. They harbor the "pauperism mentality". They get no returns because they don't investment. On the backend of their lives their ashamed and hide!

For some reason; Black males don't believe in teaching the next generation, being examples, mentoring, or investing in their Youth. Black males invest more in "Being Players, manipulating women; sexual dominance, crimes and getting over". Their sole focus is on always on their penis; while abandoning all "common sense" and end up with nothing.

If your a black woman you really need to pick up the signs early;"Don't invest"! You'll find out later that many of these behavioral problems existed early, and you can avoid them by not dating these men.

Many Black men are not marriage material! Many Black men don't even respect any women they objectify them!

If you want a partner; your better off finding a Man that had a Father as an example this way he sees a pattern of what a relationships is suppose to be. In the case of Black males many Have "Poor relational skills" on how to treat women as they gain their knowledge from the Streets, Rap music which objectifying women!

Black males look to be "Dependent" on women. They want a woman who will be the "Mother & Father" and then "Resent" you for being more powerful and educated than he is!

Find a man of other race on your level and stop wasting your time on men who don't value themselves!

The horrific stats are not high for "No reasons' its because Black men are apathetic towards Black women and childrens plight.

If you value yourself as a Black woman seeks other races of men who will value you as a woman! Many Black men disrespect Black women, don't invest in women, children, communities or themselves because its been passed down generationally and Black men feel entitled to disrespect you!

If a man doesn't "Invest in himself"; HE WILL NEVER VALUE YOU! He will never respect what value you brought to yourself either; because he's never sacrifice for anybody including himself.

When a man "Values himself" he doesn't do behaviors that bring "devaluation" to his character,family or communities. Their reputations are at "Stake" as well as their images.

Only a Fool and a Scoffer brings disgrace to himself and then shame to others!

Black women Continue to date/marry well to elevate the race; focus on dating/marrying outside the race.
specting

Howell, MI

#5 Feb 8, 2014
yo i'm native American and black yo don't be disrespecting me on my homeland i'm considering only going for native women..

tired of black and white people.. crazy ass mfckers..
Pongo Pigmayus

Memphis, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2014
smdh wrote:
From the article:
So I guess the CDC is 'racist' too?
How long will Blacks live in denial?
"“About half of the estimated 1.1 million people in the U.S. living with HIV are African American. When we look at the 2010 data, about half of all the new infections each year also have been among African Americans,” McCree noted."
HALF of the HIV cases come from just 13% of the population!!! So right now about 1.5% of all AAs already have HIV?
I guess burying heads in the sand must work...like a bunch of ostriches...
People been saying for years that the real enemy of the Black man, is the Black man...
Yes. AIDS is down right racist.

It's alright, let nature take it's course. Oh wait, Obama is going to save their day, right. He's giving all sorts of free shit out.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#7 Feb 8, 2014
Effective treatment would be if sexually active people with the disease who don't always use protection were to get a high velocity lead injection to the back of the head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

HIV/AIDS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HIV positive lady looking for love. (Aug '15) 2 hr Tim W 43
News Gay Teen Vogue editor defends mag's anal sex guide 14 hr Samantha 131
Looking for a good man Sat Sutton Riley 1
News Ernest Angley: The sad shadow of an old miracle... (Oct '08) Jul 20 Ray 126
Late Seroconversion and HIV tests beyond 6 mont... (Jun '16) Jul 12 Hpmischief 4
why is it so hard to find muslims with hiv/aids? (Dec '12) Jul 12 ishchristian 208
HIV Scare Story for Those Worried (Jun '14) Jul 11 Angel3005 50
More from around the web