How to Declare War on the New HIV Epidemic

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.poz.com

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power marched through cheering crowds at the historic New York City Pride Parade on June 30, 2013, to declare an HIV prevention emergency that threatens the health of the young queer community.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of700
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

FINALLY !!!

Now let's GET TO WORK on it!
Chance

Grove City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Good grief!! Why is this so hard? The solution is simple. Keep it in your pants.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

1. Don't be promiscuous.
2. Use condoms.
3. Get tested, and don't have sex with a person until he or she has been tested as well.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

The biggest problem is that the AIDS crisis happened before many of these people were born; it's not real to them. There's also the mindset that we can manage it through drugs. The gay business community needs to once again work to raise awareness; everything from bars to shops to bathhouses needs to be involved in actively getting the word out. Safe sex works; they need to learn how to use it.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
Good grief!! Why is this so hard? The solution is simple. Keep it in your pants.
What? I thought you heteros were IMMUNE, in fact I heard your blood is so fine, they are using it as serum. In fact, I heard that they are using your blood at church on Sunday instead of wine, since your hetero blood is clean as Jesus' blood was.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Abstinence, celibacy, and monogamy is a wonderful place to start.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix Ascended wrote:
Do you want me to help you castrate yourself, like Klingsor or a member of a 19th century Russian sect? Abstinence and celibacy are not a natural state of being for adults. Furthermore, the belief in them as something spiritual is hardly universal - among religions it is primarily found in Christianity and Buddhism alonmg with some Hindus. Other religions, whatever their traditional view on gays are, reject the idea of celibacy and monasticism. Judaism and Zorastrianism are especially scornful of these.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Chance wrote:
Look in the mirror. There is a reason our gay youth aren't taught to pursue productive, long-term relationships. There is a reason so many men are on the down-low. And it's not because we're advocating for marriage equality.
Omar

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Stop AIDS? Here's a brainstorm....

GAYS STOP F*CKING EACH OTHER UP THE BUTT!!!

You nasty ass perverts!
Frontline Fighter

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want me to help you castrate yourself, like Klingsor or a member of a 19th century Russian sect? Abstinence and celibacy are not a natural state of being for adults. Furthermore, the belief in them as something spiritual is hardly universal - among religions it is primarily found in Christianity and Buddhism alonmg with some Hindus. Other religions, whatever their traditional view on gays are, reject the idea of celibacy and monasticism. Judaism and Zorastrianism are especially scornful of these.
It doesn't take abstinence and celibacy. It takes monogamy, which unfortunately is not a natural state for GAYS. Adults have no problem with it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take abstinence and celibacy. It takes monogamy, which unfortunately is not a natural state for GAYS. Adults have no problem with it.
Really? Ask Anthony Wiener. Elliot Spitzer. John Edwards. Mark Sanford. David Vitter. We could go on and on and on.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
My spouse and I have been monogamous for 40 yrs. That's more than I can say for the usual straight man, who would put his pecker into any hole that becomes available. You included, most probably.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Omar wrote:
Stop AIDS? Here's a brainstorm....
GAYS STOP F*CKING EACH OTHER UP THE BUTT!!!
You nasty ass perverts!
Oh, then just f*ck women and you'll be fine, in fact, since heteros are immune, f*ck anyone you can grab, right?

Stop LYING. Here' a brainstorm...
LIAR, stop lying, you nasty ass LITTLE liar.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix Ascended wrote:
No, try Condoms, testing and education. Abstinence didn't work among the hetero crowd either.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose that's why the divorce rate is at 50%, because of all of you "adults".

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, really, and adult heteros NEVER have more than one partner, huh? How fascinating! I guess all of you are as pious and pure as the driven snow on Liberty Avenue.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

What it takes is for people to be forearmed with factually accurate, unbiased information, as to what the consequences of sexual acts can be and what they can do to diminish the risks if they choose to engage in them; ready access to the means necessary to protect themselves if they choose to engage in those acts; and people with the common sense, self respect and concern for others, to always play as safely as possible, regardless of what's floating their boat. It doesn't take someone looking over their shoulder expressing disapproval of their behavior.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Frontline Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. Than why are so many straight people cheating on their spouses?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix Ascended wrote:
You first.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want me to help you castrate yourself, like Klingsor or a member of a 19th century Russian sect? Abstinence and celibacy are not a natural state of being for adults. Furthermore, the belief in them as something spiritual is hardly universal - among religions it is primarily found in Christianity and Buddhism alonmg with some Hindus. Other religions, whatever their traditional view on gays are, reject the idea of celibacy and monasticism. Judaism and Zorastrianism are especially scornful of these.
One can discipline oneself to not engage in behavior that can lead to HIV, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of700
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the HIV/AIDS Forum right now

Search the HIV/AIDS Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Key high-risk groups threaten progress in globa... 4 hr TerryE 1
hiv anonymous chat room (Oct '12) 5 hr trazzy777 653
free hiv support chat rooms (Apr '13) 17 hr james 41
Natl. Gay and Lesbian Task Force Withdrawing Su... Wed DNF 21
Robin, Baby Drake, and HIV (Oct '08) Jul 8 dmw 4
HIV poz Nairobi Jul 7 rapsdem 1
Got Herpes? You're More Likely to Get HIV; CBCD... Jul 6 datestd 2
•••
•••