FDA Calls for Better Hip Implant Safe...

FDA Calls for Better Hip Implant Safety Studies

There are 3 comments on the CisionWire story from Jul 5, 2012, titled FDA Calls for Better Hip Implant Safety Studies. In it, CisionWire reports that:

A report by the Food and Drug Administration suggests more research is needed to determine the safety risks of metal-on-metal hip implants .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CisionWire.

Ruth Murray

West Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 3, 2012
I am happy to hear that FDA urges companies to conduct a better study on hip replacement safety. I am a nurse at a home care for the aged and I've seen elders suffering from the hip replacement implants. FDA’s move will hopefully reduced illegal marketing. You can also refer to http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com for more information.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Aug 4, 2012
On matters regarding hip implants, recently, various lawsuits have been instituted by law firms around the globe against DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. on behalf of their clients who have become the victims of hip replacement surgeries.

DePuy is a subsidiary company of Johnson and Johnson who issued a worldwide recall of their hip replacement products.

Legal experts report that numerous patients filed lawsuits against Johnson and Johnson.

They were the victims of DePuy hip implants failures such as loosening, fractures, and displacements.

See http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com for a more comprehensive discussion.
Rio

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Well, I think this is good news. There had been a number of people who had been affected because of faulty hip replacements. Reports of early wear have left patients at higher level of metal exposure caused by cobalt, chromium and other metallic particles. Some patients are even left with more pain and mobility issues. One of the manufacturers of hip replacement, DePuy Orthopaedics which is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, is currently faced with numerous lawsuits filed on behalf of injured patients. You may refer at http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com/hip-repla... for more information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip Replacement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
longer leg after hip replacement (Nov '06) Mon Frannie 394
Settlements with Zimmer on Durom? (Nov '08) Sun DWilliams 120
What is the cost of a total hip replacement (Jul '07) Jun 26 joy 120
How much pain 4-6 weeks post op total hip (Jul '08) Jun 25 Joma6537 73
After Hip Replacement Pain (May '11) Jun 25 Helpme1 78
My Anterior Hip Replacement Experience (Nov '07) Jun 23 Experienced Doc 1,925
failed hip replacement - metal poisoning (Mar '11) Jun 23 Ret 173
More from around the web