What is the cost of a total hip repla...
who knows

Moscow, IA

#23 May 15, 2009
Michele wrote:
My insurance company has been billed almost $90,000 so far. That includes pre-op tests, surgery and some PT in the first 3 weeks. Since I'm now in water therapy, not sure what the total cost will be.
I think you are getting the royal you know what in you know where.90,000. Do you realize how many 80 yr olds have it done let alone someone as young as 40. Your getting ripped off. I think I would call the Better Business Bureau. This is a relatively safe and common procedure. Do you have insurance? My gosh you could buy a new brain.
kathy

Fort Wainwright, AK

#24 Jun 3, 2009
Can't believe the difference in the cost of hip-replacement from different regions. I had a total hip-replacement almost 3 yrs ago & I was told today that the the bone scan showed early loosenly of the replacement. I may have to have another hip-replacement. I have medicare & premera. The 1st replacement I had another insurance with premera it pretty much covered everything. I am wondering how much it costs in Alaska?? I asked the dr & he said that I was thinking way ahead of what is going on.
Frank William

Lakeland, FL

#25 Jul 23, 2009
Peter wrote:
Here in Canada with our government health insurance the cost was zero $$$$$. I paid upfront for things like physiotherapy but was re embursed for all costs.
Peter...the cost is NOT zero, you pay for it in taxes, there is no free lunch sir.
Frank William

Lakeland, FL

#26 Jul 23, 2009
The cost for a typical hip replacement is 90,000 US dollars
walt

Louisburg, NC

#27 Aug 6, 2009
My replacement 2 years ago cost around$43,000. Thats everything-doctor-hospital-xra ys-o/r room-drugs. I saw a statement that saif $570,000 but that was before the insurance discount.
So if I didn't have insurance, they would have to try to get me to pay that out of pocket.
So we have two price charts here people...
One for the million dollar insurance companies
Another for the average person who barley has enough money to get by.
Ain't America great???
Johnson

Absecon, NJ

#28 Aug 20, 2009
For single hip replacement, BCBS of NC paid right at 40-thousand in 2007,

My out of pocket was 1,000, maybe 1,200.

IMO the 40-K was a total rip ... Health care costs are out of control ...

Gary Los Angeles

North Hollywood, CA

#29 Aug 25, 2009
I had no insurance at the time as I was between COBRA insurance that had expired Sept. 1 and Medicare that did not start until Dec. 1. This replacement was the result of a dog attack. Total costs were approx $82,500.
Mike in Mexico

Cancún, Mexico

#30 Oct 14, 2009
I am an American living in Mexico since 95, If you do not have insurance, I highly recommend looking into having it done at one of the major medical centers here.

I had both of mine done at the Clinica Meridai,in Meridia Yucatan, great care and the total cost for "Everything" was $6,000.00 usd (2003). the parts were the same as they use in the States, mine were "Rosch" ?? made in Germany,

When I was in the hospital, there were 7 Mexicans, myself (USA) and 2 Canadians on the same ward getting hips, the Canadians were here to pay 6k and get back with their life, vs a 2 year wait back home.
Sandy

Chandler, AZ

#32 Jan 2, 2010
I have no insurance and need hip replacement, and I am in pain each and every day. I can hardly stand it.
Where can I go for help in Arizona??
Is there anyone that can help me??
Mine in Mexico

Cancún, Mexico

#33 Jan 2, 2010
Sandy wrote:
I have no insurance and need hip replacement, and I am in pain each and every day. I can hardly stand it.
Sandy I feel for you
if you can come up with 6-8 k, head south, I know montery has good hospitals
Jeff Passmore

Plano, TX

#34 Jan 4, 2010
You can get a hip replacement for only $10K (all expenses included) in India or about $15K in Turkey. Other locations are also available.
Recently my father traveled to Bangalore India for a knee replacement and he was amazed by the patient care, low cost, and the results of the surgery. He used an US medical facilitator (Advanced Medical Solutions LLC - www.advancedmedsolutions.org ) which made everything possible. Let me know if you need any help.
Jeff Passmore

Plano, TX

#35 Jan 4, 2010
Sanda, give a call to Advanced Medical Solutions LLC ( www.advancedmedsolutions.org ) and they will make it possible for you. Their toll free number is 1 877 206 2840.
AREC

Cuenca, Ecuador

#36 Jan 20, 2010
$4300 ECUADOR
debby

United States

#37 Jan 20, 2010
a patch job you cannot predict the cost of b/c some have post op complications. everyone heals differently.
debby

United States

#38 Jan 20, 2010
Sandy wrote:
with the new medical plan obama has assisted suicide...???
Marv in British Columbia

Abbotsford, Canada

#39 Mar 2, 2010
Had Total hip replacement in 99. Total cost to me all inclusive was zero. I have BC Medical and extended coverage through my work with minimal cost to me. So far so good.
David

Clemson, SC

#40 Mar 7, 2010
Just got my bill. Hospital 36000.00 Dr 6400.00 Anst 3200...so around 46000. in the greenville sc area
Big G

Charlotte, NC

#41 Mar 7, 2010
I had mine done in Charlotte,NC and it was around $57,000 that's what I was billed. I don't know what was actually paid by the insurance company.
Berteau

Highland Park, IL

#42 Mar 15, 2010
You can find out how much a hip replacement costs in your area. Use the My Health and Money cost comparison tool: http://www.myhealthandmoney.com/hospital-proc...

For example, a hip replacement in the bay area within 25 miles of 94108 ranges between $69,517 and $118,819. That's the rack rate (retail). We also have prices for health plans and medicare. Check it out!
http://www.myhealthandmoney.com/hospital-proc...
Maggie BC

Sparwood, Canada

#43 Mar 17, 2010
What type of THR did you have? I have been trying to find out where to have an anterior THR surgery but no luck so far. Don't know anyone in Victoria BC who does it either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hip Replacement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How is life without your piriformis muscle afte... (Aug '14) 20 hr Rich Gordon 26
THR after girdle stone (May '11) Thu LEL 45
High Chromium an colbalt levels in blood and urine (Jun '10) Jan 17 amos the famous 39
Oxinium implant (Jun '11) Jan 16 Loweb 24
Hip Resurfacing Long term pain and muscle shrin... (Nov '11) Jan 16 Duckkell 22
Snapped titanium hip (Aug '07) Jan 14 Matthew Johnson 71
Hip Replacements for Martial Artists & Sports m... (Jul '08) Jan 7 Mark 55
More from around the web