No Insurance! Hernia is starting to bother me!

Posted in the Hernia Forum

renles

New York, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2007
so i went to my gp and he told me more... pretty much.. that i had a hernia.
now i'm freaking out cuz i have no Insurance! so apparently... it takes a while for insurance to kick in... and on top of that.. i guess since one doc. told me it may be a hernia... it falls under the "pre-determined" condition?
please... somebody.. anybody... help!
-r
emergency room

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2007
a lot of hospitals have charity programs for people that dont have health insurance or workers comp. call and find out and then just go to the emergency room.
Jan

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Aug 11, 2007
If you had insurance previously, the insurance portability act applies. Also, ask the hospital if they have a charity care program - if they accept Medicare patients, they have to provide a certain amount of free care to patients. They don't tell anyone about it though, so you have to be aggressive about it.

You can also enter into a payment program with any care provider - as long as you pay even a little bit each month, they can't sue you for the balance.
Tim M

AOL

#4 Aug 18, 2007
HI. see about the free clinic in your area. thats how i got mine done. good luck. PS check the mesh there youing. or mybe they and stitch it.
Hernia repair

Hagerstown, MD

#5 Aug 21, 2007
I had a hernia repaired 8-17-2007 I throught it was suppose to lay flat, it is sticking out and feels like it is sticking in my stomach,and my my leg that was numb now feels let I hit a nerve, could the mest have moved

Tralasoul223@hotmail.com
Hello

Seminole, FL

#6 Sep 27, 2007
What's the symptoms of hernia? i'm thinking I have a spigelian hernia, I see a GI in November, but the pain sometimes is frusterating, feels like I have a rip on the inside of my abdominal wall.
Joyce

Burnaby, Canada

#7 Jan 9, 2008
Go to www.NorthAmericanSurgery.com . They specialize in negotiating discounts for uninsured Americans at hospitals in the states. Prices similar to traveling to Asia
Amy Braley

Rocklin, CA

#8 Apr 4, 2013
Roseville Surgical Alliance offers low cost hernia repair for patients who would like to pay with cash/credit. They are located in Roseville, CA (Northern California).
See the web site for more information. www.RosevilleSurgical.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hernia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hernia Questions please help 13 hr matt_85 1
Desarda Repair Post Op Thu anon 6
Penis bracelet Sep 16 Popsicle 1 1
Shouldice (Feb '09) Sep 15 LNKOLA 26
What surgical hernia mesh has done to me Sep 12 Dinah S 1
Revolutionary new hernia repair technique by Dr... (Apr '11) Sep 12 prasad 76
Class action suit targets hernia mesh manufacturer (Feb '10) Sep 8 wkavanaugh 37
•••

Hernia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••