Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8233 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

riverrat

Houston, MN

#6190 Jul 5, 2012
n3129yy
johnson law firm droped my case and told me the ins company was not paying ,when mesh was cut out get back to them
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#6192 Jul 6, 2012
riverrat wrote:
n3129yy
johnson law firm droped my case and told me the ins company was not paying ,when mesh was cut out get back to them
That is basically what they said to me. I think it was "when the ring breaks and they have to take it out....call us". Made me feel So special! IF I survive the ring break, If they are able to remove it without killing me(bleed out on the table), IF there is still a case because of statute of limitation, If there is an honest to God real lawyer out there and not these vultures, I wouldn't call Johnson to let them know their building was on fire. That goes for the Motley Crew too!
mbushey

Brownwood, TX

#6193 Jul 6, 2012
The post from "Me Again" on July 3rd covering Alloderm was interesting. When used for dental and burn procedures did the alloderm have as many adverse advents as when used for hernia repair. I know the gortex mesh used for aorta repair "Aortic Abdominal Anyruesuems" (lower aorta) and Marfans (upper aorta) has little if any adverse events that I can find, reported. This mesh is placed by cardiac surgeons and the surgery is treated as complicated not the "simple procedure" that hernia surgery is classed as. I know someone on the forum is going to bite my head off for typing this but what the 3ell. I hate hernia surgery and believe there's yet to be a meshocast to happen when all that polypropylene starts shrinking in all of those "successfull hernia repairs" performed proir to 2005. Anytime a foreign substance is placed in a body it should have a complicated status. Unfortunatley I don't see that happening ever.
riverrat

Houston, MN

#6194 Jul 6, 2012
fully agree with ya allmeshed
ALS

United States

#6195 Jul 7, 2012
Hi, I had many hernia surgeries before I had seen a competent surgeon,
Dr. Peter S. Billing in Edmonds, WA from the Mayo Clinic. I had even traveled to various surgeons who didn't make things any better. If you want to contact me,
my email is [email protected] Dr. Billing removed the old heavyweight meshes and replaced them with UltraPro.

ALS
(Recently moved to Denver, CO)
nomeshno

Gilbert, AZ

#6196 Jul 7, 2012
ALS wrote:
Hi, I had many hernia surgeries before I had seen a competent surgeon,
Dr. Peter S. Billing in Edmonds, WA from the Mayo Clinic. I had even traveled to various surgeons who didn't make things any better. If you want to contact me,
my email is [email protected] Dr. Billing removed the old heavyweight meshes and replaced them with UltraPro.
ALS
(Recently moved to Denver, CO)
How are you feeling now? My Kugal was removed over a yr ago and only stitched back but i feel like im getting sbo again from scar tissues or whatever is happening. I dont think im a candidate for any foreign substances.
toni meadowsi

Chicago Heights, IL

#6197 Jul 11, 2012
I had a BARD VENTREX HERNIA PATCh incorrectly. Implanted at my umbillical. Not where my upper abdominal muscle seperation. As intestines were poking inbeteeen muscles.surgery was 2008. Statue of limitations expired for legal recourse I was told. On going abdominal pain and hysterectomy complications kn going. I cannot find a dr. That wants anything to do with mesh removal. Please advise.
[email protected]
catrina

Wabash, IN

#6198 Jul 11, 2012
Brenda wrote:
After filing my complaint with the FDA, I was contacted by Ethicon. They are asking for access to my medical records. Since I can't find an attorney to take my case, I am going to allow it. Mailing out the papers tomorrow. My medical records say over and over MESH INFECTION. Don't know if it will make a difference but am going to try. Wish me luck. wILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.
I 2 am have the same problem...Be cause it is not the recall mesh...Thank you Brenda 4 sharen It helps me a great deal to know im not the only one..
catrina

Wabash, IN

#6199 Jul 11, 2012
I had ProLite Mesh....I got very sick 4 sevarl months tell they had 2 take it out..Cant seem 2 find any one 2 take my case..Can any one help...??? My email is [email protected] Thank u..

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6200 Jul 11, 2012
catrina wrote:
I had ProLite Mesh....I got very sick 4 sevarl months tell they had 2 take it out..Cant seem 2 find any one 2 take my case..Can any one help...??? My email is [email protected] Thank u..
Your surgeon is saying it needs to come out? Whos the manufacturer? Ethicon? They need to pay for it. Look in your state directory of hernia surgeons. Do you have a university type hospital in your area? Thats where I would start looking for a surgeon. Get a DVD done of the surgery for sure. They do those at teaching hospitals but other hospitals do them as well. Get the video and then call an attorney.
Jennie207

Philadelphia, PA

#6201 Jul 11, 2012
I just had a hernia repair back in May and I too have been in so much pain. My GI Dr. Is trying to do everything possible to prove that my stomach is fine and it's the mesh so that the surgeon can remove it. I pray that we all get the help we need.
chelle

Cottage Grove, WI

#6202 Jul 11, 2012
My boyfriend had a mesh hernia repair and has had constant pain, swelling, inflammation and other symptoms (constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, acid reflux, sexual issues...) and just recently kidney pain on same side as repair as well. He has gone to docs numerous times and been told there's nothing wrong. Eventually, he got his Dr to do exploratory surgery (almost 2 years ago now). The Dr said the mesh was done wrong, and it's rubbing on his intestines and causing them to "telescope". He said the Dr also used staples incorrectly and stapled a major nerve. He's been told nothing can be done to help his pain. It seems to get worse constantly with new symptoms that can never be explained by doctors. Any insight, tips, ideas for helping him? Any law advise? I'd appreciate any help, thank you!
riverrat

Houston, MN

#6203 Jul 12, 2012
just think if all the states found out how much there paying out in medical bills on mesh problems
lol you would see so many fedral state lawsuites it would be one of the biggest
All Meshed Up

Boulder, CO

#6204 Jul 12, 2012
riverrat wrote:
just think if all the states found out how much there paying out in medical bills on mesh problems
You know the damned thing about your post River Rat is that if the States did sue they would probably reap a huge compensation package,the insurance companies and Medicare would jump on board, none of the victims would be helped and the the manufacturers would go right back to selling mesh. Everyone would SCREAM and Protest but we will be ignored again, Silly Guinea Pigs that we are.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6205 Jul 12, 2012
chelle wrote:
My boyfriend had a mesh hernia repair and has had constant pain, swelling, inflammation and other symptoms (constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, acid reflux, sexual issues...) and just recently kidney pain on same side as repair as well. He has gone to docs numerous times and been told there's nothing wrong. Eventually, he got his Dr to do exploratory surgery (almost 2 years ago now). The Dr said the mesh was done wrong, and it's rubbing on his intestines and causing them to "telescope". He said the Dr also used staples incorrectly and stapled a major nerve. He's been told nothing can be done to help his pain. It seems to get worse constantly with new symptoms that can never be explained by doctors. Any insight, tips, ideas for helping him? Any law advise? I'd appreciate any help, thank you!
Sounds to me that the mesh is the problem, and most mesh companies will say it was the surgeons fault. The surgeons say there is nothing wrong, they dont want to be sues for malpractice. If the mesh was put in wrong, and the statute of limitations is not expired in your state then malpractice would be the only way to get compensated. There are different statutes for different things. If your boyfriend found out that there was malpractice just two years ago and he can prove that, then hopefully he can get compensated for the health problems directly related to the botched surgery.
Jamshed

Karachi, Pakistan

#6206 Jul 12, 2012
chelle wrote:
Sorry to hear about your boy friend going through multiple problems. If you are from USA, I would suggest to consult Dr. P.S. Billing in Edmond, Seattle. He is one of the best.
God bless your BF.
Jamshed
All Meshed Up

Grand Junction, CO

#6207 Jul 15, 2012
Hello Everybody! I recieved a letter from Glenn Pensak of Ethicon(J&J) adviseing me that they could not find "Any evidence" that my Prolene mesh caused me any damage. After reporting to them about my wonderful experience with their product and sending him my Pathology report, my Op report, the Workmens Comp Dr.'s report all of which identify the Prolene mesh as what caused all my damage. The stuff crumpled and twisted up inside me, damn near killed me and I even have pictures of what it looked like when they pulled it out. It did NOT look like what went in. Have any of you folks recieved a similar letter from Glenn Pensak? If so please let me know. Thanks Mucho........
Rejected Researcher

AOL

#6208 Jul 15, 2012
riverrat wrote:
Yea I posted comments like this many pages back, about why SSDisability or Medicare/Medicaid/ Insurance Companies/ Even Wall Street get on board, as to recalls, recurrence of surgery. Are the Mesh Manufactures giving big bribes?
MVM

Youngstown, OH

#6209 Jul 15, 2012
Rejected Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>Yea I posted comments like this many pages back, about why SSDisability or Medicare/Medicaid/ Insurance Companies/ Even Wall Street get on board, as to recalls, recurrence of surgery. Are the Mesh Manufactures giving big bribes?
Has anyone been successful with SSI disability?
colleen

Rockwell City, IA

#6210 Jul 15, 2012
I had ventral hernia surgery 12-08. since then i have had stomach pain, feels like someone ripping my insides out, if i bend, turn,barely lift or active my stomach hurts. I had bard composix ex mesh 6x8 01236800 lot HUSD 2153

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hernia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hernica(herbal formulation)claims to heal Herni... (May '15) Aug 15 Raj 37
sex after hernia repair (Nov '09) Aug 13 San 175
News Forum Post: "Shortness of Breath Due to Hiatal ... (Feb '08) Aug 2 Ally 259
Can Mesh come loose? (May '16) Aug 1 sir william 6
Numbness After Surgery Inguinal Hernia Surgery (Nov '08) Jul 26 Cin 284
Parietex Mesh (New to US Market) (Feb '08) Jul '17 Susie in 2017 75
News Patients who say surgical mesh has made their l... Jun '17 Banasko 1
More from around the web