Class action suit targets hernia mesh manufacturer

Jan 14, 2010 Read more: The Independent and Free Press 41

Kristie Pells of Georgetown is a representative plaintiff in a class action lawsuit in Canada against a company that manufactured a mesh used for hernia repair.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Elizabeth

Canada

#1 Feb 6, 2010
I had a hernia repair a while ago and have been suffering with pain since shortly after the operation. I am seeing my doctor in the next few weeks to hook me up with thesurgeon who did the repair. Is there anything I should know before going to see him? Perhaps I should be a part of this class action. Please advise.
Thank you, E. Tripp
Seth

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Feb 6, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
I had a hernia repair a while ago and have been suffering with pain since shortly after the operation. I am seeing my doctor in the next few weeks to hook me up with thesurgeon who did the repair. Is there anything I should know before going to see him? Perhaps I should be a part of this class action. Please advise.
Thank you, E. Tripp
I Elizabeth,

How long ago did you have teh operation? Did you have laparoscopic surgery or some kind of open surgery? Was it an inguinal hernia (in the groin)?

Did they use a heavyweight "Marlex" type mesh instead of a more modern Parietex or UltraPro mesh which are more lightweight?
Seth

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 7, 2010
To Elizabeth, how come you post and don't answer my questions. We are trying to help you. Otherwise, you are just wasting peoples time.
Seth

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 9, 2010
You are typical of someone who posts and doesn't respond. I don't think you really want anyone's help you are just a complainer, Elizabeth
John

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Feb 9, 2010
Seth wrote:
You are typical of someone who posts and doesn't respond. I don't think you really want anyone's help you are just a complainer, Elizabeth
Hi Seth. I don't think you should take someone's lack of a response personally.

Yes, it is common courtesy however, a lot of things could have happened that prevented that response

Just my thoughts
Sel

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#6 Feb 11, 2010
The way that u ask people and acuse someone is not the correct way to help people... It sound so sacarstic.
Sorry to say that
Sel

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#7 Feb 11, 2010
Maybe she so shy to answer further... People in pain bro
Sel

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#8 Feb 11, 2010
My hubby just came out from hospital 1 wk ago. He feel pain too... Almost everyday he read the forum abt hernia and I think he worried too much... I am really worried abt him... I know he scared but what can I do?? I just motivate him and saying that " dun worry. Nothing going to happend to him"...
Sel

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#9 Feb 11, 2010
Tomorrow is the 1st follow up check up wt the doct... Will see
Howie

Washington, DC

#10 Feb 11, 2010
Sel wrote:
Tomorrow is the 1st follow up check up wt the doct... Will see
You are not Elizabeth. But we are interested in "all" people who follow-up on this board.

Howie Greene
sad

Palm Springs, CA

#11 Jun 20, 2010
Sel wrote:
My hubby just came out from hospital 1 wk ago. He feel pain too... Almost everyday he read the forum abt hernia and I think he worried too much... I am really worried abt him... I know he scared but what can I do?? I just motivate him and saying that " dun worry. Nothing going to happend to him"...
Lol,of coarse he has pain..IT'S ONLY ONE WEEK AFTER SURGERY!!!!!!!Did he think there would be no pain for this?How is he now that time has passed..
Carlos Romano

Clarks Summit, PA

#12 Feb 16, 2012
With the news on FDA surgical mesh recall and with the increasing reports from patients who suffered much due to the surgery there should be someone who should answer for this. a surgical mesh law suit against the manufacturer is timely to put an end to the suffering. http://www.rotlaw.com/transvaginal-placement-...
Tim

Dearborn, MI

#13 Feb 20, 2012
I had colon reduction surgery after my colon perfed in 2005. I had a colon resection
and I had an ilioscopy. After 2 1/2 months the surgeons reversed it and hooked me
back up. The Dr.s had to wait until I was no longer septic before they could
operate. I was in the hospital for about a month before having the resection. In 2006 I
had hernia repair surgery and the Surgeon put in mesh to help with support. In 2009 I
got real sick and had an obstruction. I had ventrial hernia repair surgery. The Dr.
opened me just below my sternum all the way down to where they did the repair
to my colon. Mesh was implanted for the second time. In 2010 I had more pain
and yet another hernia so the Dr.'s went back in with a different mesh. This surgery
was just as intense with the incision as the time before, but his time recovered in
the ICU because I had a heart attack and my blood pressure went way up. After
another full recovery. I was rushed to the hospital Sept. of 2011 with another obstruction
and yet another hernia repair and more mesh. While recovering at home my employer
terminated my Management position in October of 2011. I currently still have pain
and bloating in the region today. I should probably get my medical records from the
hospital to find out what were the four different meshes used?
Todd

Saratoga Springs, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2012
I had hernia repairs done from 1997 till 1999 I just found out that the mesh I have called marxel mesh has a recal and maybe counterfeit since the surgeires i have had 5 more and they have not been able to fix the proplem using same mesh and know i have almost 5 hernias in my stomach no more scar tissue left in y stomach fro all the surgeries in the past and know they can not do any more operatoins becuase of this I have been in total pain everyday and have not wrked since 2003 know i am on morphine 3 times a day for pain anything i can do Todd email is nukerisfree@aim.com
Thank you
Leanne

Toledo, OH

#16 May 2, 2012
I had the surgey about 3 years ago and for the past year and a half have been having pains where the surgery had taken place. I didn't know anything about the lawsuit till a few week ago but don't know what the steps I should take now. The pain that I have now is the same that I was having before I had it fixed. Does anyone know what steps I should be taking to have this fixed bc I no longer have insurance to pay for it! Email is phatbaby_cm@yahoo.com please help me if at all possible. Thanks for your time
KellyL

Barton, NY

#17 May 30, 2012
I had an incisional hernia repair done feb 2012 they put mesh in but never sewed the hernia shut. Just had another hernia repair to the same hernia April 2012. They removed the mesh saying it was dissolving and turning colors and stitched the hernia shut. Now I hear all this about mesh and wonder where I stand... The mesh caused major pain and discomfort, after this last surgery I had zero pain. However, now I have yet another hernia forming. This one is much higher than the last one. UGH HELP PLEASE... Is it possible that the mesh caused the rest of my hernia troubles?
KellyL

Barton, NY

#18 May 30, 2012
I will probably never find this posting site again, no doubt that's what happened to Elizabeth, so here is my email: BdTwn1@yahoo.com
Martie

West Des Moines, IA

#19 Jul 18, 2012
Is there a class action law suit for for the parietex mesh? Does anyone know? It has been recalled by manufacturer because of FDA. Has caused deaths apparently. Please respond if you know of anything!!
Xavier

Atlanta, GA

#20 Aug 12, 2012
Is a hernia mesh just like a vaginal mesh? If it is, then lawsuits against its manufacturer have been well expected by many people. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/vaginal-mes...
suz

Warren, MI

#21 Aug 17, 2012
KellyL wrote:
I will probably never find this posting site again, no doubt that's what happened to Elizabeth, so here is my email: BdTwn1@yahoo.com
I am in need of the same info. Two of these bad boys are in me from 07 and. 08. Life has been a mixture of prescribed narcotics and nerve blockers since. Pain is off the charts. Please share any info!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hernia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex after hernia repair (Nov '09) Fri expert15 123
Numbness After Surgery Inguinal Hernia Surgery (Nov '08) Apr 11 judy 232
News Forum Post: "Shortness of Breath Due to Hiatal ... (Feb '08) Apr 10 AK mom 231
Are These Possibly Symptoms of Mesh Used in Her... (Jun '12) Apr 9 Duwayne36 24
Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair Complicat... (Jun '07) Apr 7 marc 678
News Surgery Not Always the Answer for Hernias (Jan '06) Apr 4 water fasting 171
Shouldice (Feb '09) Apr 3 Stan 27
More from around the web