Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9966 Aug 7, 2014
Just look at all the "judge it" icons ^^^there.

http://www.rense.com/general28/jers.htm

"The payment to the girl, now 9 years old but with the mental ability of a 2-month-old, comes from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, funded by a 75-cent tax on each vaccination. Congress created the fund in 1986, at a time when a growing number of lawsuits against vaccine manufacturers was driving them out of the marketplace, and more parents were choosing not to immunize their children because they feared harmful side effects."

What's wrong with this picture?
The suit that brought on the VICP was spurred on by a DOCTOR who was sued, not the manufacturer.

And NOW, taxpayers are footing the tab, not the responsible party.

Yep.
Benson MD

Kodak, TN

#9967 Aug 7, 2014
Stab me with drugs, stick the chemicals in my body, slap the shackles on my arms, search my vehicles, force me into the cages. America. Land of the free because of the brave.
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9968 Aug 7, 2014
WOW wrote:
Moving right along.
Merck’s Gardasil vaccine was studied for less than two years in about 1,200 children under age 16 before it became the first licensed HPV vaccine in the U.S.
Gardasil was not studied in children with health problems or in combination with all other vaccines routinely given to American adolescents, such as Tdap and meningococcal vaccines.
Clinical trials did not use a true placebo to study safety but compared Gardasil against a bioactive aluminum containing placebo.
Look it up. I'm not here to teach you how to learn.
After Gardasil was licensed and three doses recommended for 11-12 year old girls and young women, there were thousands of reports of sudden collapse with unconsciousness within 24 hours seizures; muscle pain and weakness; disabling fatigue; Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS); facial paralysis; brain inflammation; rheumatoid arthritis; lupus; blood clots; optic neuritis; multiple sclerosis; strokes; heart and other serious health problems, including death, following receipt of Gardasil vaccine;
http://truthaboutgardasil.org/injuries/
FYI, to date, nearly 25% of injuries from the HVP vaccines are clotting related.
No trend there.....
I gave you the template, go on, look it up.
See

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/gardasil....
Zeke

Paris, TN

#9970 Aug 7, 2014
Benson MD wrote:
Stab me with drugs, stick the chemicals in my body, slap the shackles on my arms, search my vehicles, force me into the cages. America. Land of the free because of the brave.
That comment is shear lunacy. Buy more guns and move to the wilderness.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9971 Aug 7, 2014
WOW wrote:
Just look at all the "judge it" icons ^^^there.
http://www.rense.com/general28/jers.htm
"The payment to the girl, now 9 years old but with the mental ability of a 2-month-old, comes from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, funded by a 75-cent tax on each vaccination. Congress created the fund in 1986, at a time when a growing number of lawsuits against vaccine manufacturers was driving them out of the marketplace, and more parents were choosing not to immunize their children because they feared harmful side effects."
What's wrong with this picture?
The suit that brought on the VICP was spurred on by a DOCTOR who was sued, not the manufacturer.
And NOW, taxpayers are footing the tab, not the responsible party.
Yep.
Here is the main home page of this rag-site that you so much want to believe. Notice the "Men Who Stare at Goats" information as well. This is pathetic. I liked the wertewolf links better since they were more believable.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9972 Aug 7, 2014
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9973 Aug 7, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the main home page of this rag-site that you so much want to believe. Notice the "Men Who Stare at Goats" information as well. This is pathetic. I liked the wertewolf links better since they were more believable.
Look up the award granted by VICP.
If you know how.
Just because you don't like the site....doesn't mean the information isn't true.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9974 Aug 7, 2014
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aids-drugs-tested...

Because the FDA, the IOM & pharma would never knowingly experiment on children.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9975 Aug 7, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the award granted by VICP.
If you know how.
Just because you don't like the site....doesn't mean the information isn't true.
It isn;'t that I don't like the site (even though I don't) it falls into the category, like you, of the lunatic fringe. BTW, stop telling people to "look it up". If you make a claim, it is up to YOU to substantiate it with a FACTUAL, CREDIBLE source, not the lunacy that you have used so far.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9976 Aug 7, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ai ds-drugs-tested-on-foster-kids /
Because the FDA, the IOM & pharma would never knowingly experiment on children.
Congratulations, you stumbled on a believable source. That was terrible and illegal. Of course, didn't you tell me that "it happened way back and isn't current"? I also don't believe it said anything about the FDA approving it. It said these were government funded researchers. Probably funded through grants. In any case, if they start to "mandate" this for children, which is the topic at hand, I'd be happy to discuss it.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9977 Aug 7, 2014
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you felt the need to respond. Who's the loon now?

AAFP says "Despite Gains, Number of Teens Receiving HPV Vaccine Still 'Unacceptably Low'.." During June 2006–March 2014, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) received a total of 25,176 adverse event reports after HPV vaccination in the United States.

http://www.aafp.org/news/health-of-the-public...

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm63...
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9978 Aug 7, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations, you stumbled on a believable source. That was terrible and illegal. Of course, didn't you tell me that "it happened way back and isn't current"? I also don't believe it said anything about the FDA approving it. It said these were government funded researchers. Probably funded through grants. In any case, if they start to "mandate" this for children, which is the topic at hand, I'd be happy to discuss it.
All fast tracked drug trials....dear God, you are clueless.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9979 Aug 7, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>It isn;'t that I don't like the site (even though I don't) it falls into the category, like you, of the lunatic fringe. BTW, stop telling people to "look it up". If you make a claim, it is up to YOU to substantiate it with a FACTUAL, CREDIBLE source, not the lunacy that you have used so far.
You & zeke brought blogs into the "credible" zone.
OhMy

Linden, TN

#9980 Aug 7, 2014
I do think it should be up to parents to decide but I would rather have a child with autism than a dead child!! Just saying!
Benson MD

Sparta, TN

#9981 Aug 7, 2014
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sheer, not shear, dumbass. I'd rather be a lunatic than an idiot. And my statement IS true. They inject drugs into our bodies, they inject chemicals into our bodies. Prisons are the cages they stick us in. Maybe you're just too scared to accept it.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#9982 Aug 7, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations, you stumbled on a believable source. That was terrible and illegal. Of course, didn't you tell me that "it happened way back and isn't current"? I also don't believe it said anything about the FDA approving it. It said these were government funded researchers. Probably funded through grants. In any case, if they start to "mandate" this for children, which is the topic at hand, I'd be happy to discuss it.
Look. It's not my fault you lack the knowledge to dug through government web sites & locate archived PDF's.

I can't post paid for subscription information. All I can do is point you in the right direction.
Go to your local library and read, they get free access.

WOW

Lexington, TN

#9983 Aug 7, 2014
OhMy wrote:
I do think it should be up to parents to decide but I would rather have a child with autism than a dead child!! Just saying!
I agree on the choice, but the dead vs autism?

Just wow.
OhMy

Linden, TN

#9984 Aug 7, 2014
Yes death! The immunizations are for serious illnesses and diseases!!! That is why we have them! Polio, measles (Rubeola), diphtheria, and Pertussis can all cause death!
LOLOL

Sparta, TN

#9985 Aug 7, 2014
ALL THE PARENTS FREAKING OUT!!!! IS MY KID GONNA DIE? IM WORRIED BOUT MY KID! YES, THEY ALL GONNA DIE. AND WHY YOU SO WORRIED BOUT EM, WHEN YOU HAVE EM YOU BEAT THEIR ASSES
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#9986 Aug 7, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
All fast tracked drug trials....dear God, you are clueless.
Uhhh no, I think that would be YOU oh tinfoil master.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FDA could soon ease decades-old ban on gay bloo... Dec 4 RalphB 31
FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants Dec 3 lavon affair 5
The intersection between sex and drugs: a cross... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Chi 10
ACR Health Launches Syringe Exchange in Utica, ... Oct '14 King Cuomo 1
hep C genotype 2 Oct '14 question 1
Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infect... Oct '14 Time for a Change 1
Students must be in compliance with state immun... Aug '14 KA CHING 4 PHARMA 2
More from around the web