Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9558 Jun 16, 2014
Felix wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you use individual cases like this as evidence shows that you know absolutely nothing about science or its methods.
That's true. Also, the mother of this 19 year old man (who was not mandated to have this shot) did notI allow an autopsy. It suited people much better to use the "flu shot caused it" reason, rather than know for sure. In fact, it could have been a reaction the flu shot, since this was not "routine" and was his first flu shot ever. We'll never know for sure since she didn't do an autopsy.
Felix

Paris, TN

#9559 Jun 16, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. Also, the mother of this 19 year old man (who was not mandated to have this shot) did notI allow an autopsy. It suited people much better to use the "flu shot caused it" reason, rather than know for sure. In fact, it could have been a reaction the flu shot, since this was not "routine" and was his first flu shot ever. We'll never know for sure since she didn't do an autopsy.
An example of intellectual honesty not found amongst those like Get Real.
lori

Tampa, FL

#9560 Jun 16, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are 97% of the cases in fully vaccinated individuals?
Who is your source.That doesnt sound believeable...mine was the Cdc..Us center for disease control...
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9562 Jun 17, 2014
lori wrote:
<quoted text> Who is your source.That doesnt sound believeable...mine was the Cdc..Us center for disease control...
The same CDC that pays Poul Thorsen to drop 20% of his cases midway through his studies?
In his famous Denmark study, autism rates went up when thimerasol was removed from vaccines, which would imply the mercury compound actually had a protective effect.
So, why didn't they put it back in, as a preservative, I mean. It's still used during phase manufacturing to kill off dozens of nasty hitch hikers along the way & remains present in the finale product.

You'll be believable when you can spell "believeable"
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9563 Jun 17, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
The same CDC that pays Poul Thorsen to drop 20% of his cases midway through his studies?
In his famous Denmark study, autism rates went up when thimerasol was removed from vaccines, which would imply the mercury compound actually had a protective effect.
So, why didn't they put it back in, as a preservative, I mean. It's still used during phase manufacturing to kill off dozens of nasty hitch hikers along the way & remains present in the finale product.
I was wondering if you ever found your source on your measles claim. Could you post that please? You seem to be big on questioning everyone else's sources, but you don't seem to have any of your own. Maybe if you could substantiate what you are claiming, you might have some credibility. As it is, everyone just thinks you're a crackpot.
Felix

Paris, TN

#9564 Jun 17, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence. Try to focus!
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9565 Jun 18, 2014
Felix wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence. Try to focus!
Felix can read. 2 points.

The last report issued in 2013 by the Department of Justice (Vaccine Court), for compensation made by the Health and Human Services for people injured or killed by vaccines, was released in December 2013, covering the period of 8/16/2013 through 11/15/2013.
The report is available as a Power Point presentation.
See if you can find it Felix. I certainly didn't have any trouble.

There were 139 claims settled during this time period, with 70 of them being compensated. So, just over 50% of the claims filed for vaccine damages were compensated during this period.
The greatest percentage of damages compensated were for the influenza vaccine, and most of those were for Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). Yet these facts, tucked away in a file on the Department of Health and Human Services website, are never reported in the mainstream media. So we will report them here. You can also read the report yourself in the Power Point file here.

Of the 70 cases compensated, 42 of them were for the flu vaccine, or 60% of the cases settled where compensation was awarded for injury or death due to the vaccine. The combined total of the other 40% of cases settled included the following vaccines: Hep B, Tetanus, HPV, DTaP, MMR, IPV, PCV, Hib, Meningococcal, Varicella, TD.

So injuries and deaths due to the flu vaccine were compensated more than the total compensation paid out to eleven other vaccines. Yet, if you look at the top selling vaccines in the market, the top flu vaccine is only #5, being outsold by Prevnar, Gardasil, PENTAct-HIB, and Infanrix/Pediarix.
http://www.genengnews.com/insight-and-intelli...

This is just for a 3 month period during 2013. For the period covered between 5/16/2013 to 8/15/2013, the numbers were very similar: 77 cases settled for compensation resulting in injury or death due to vaccines, and 50 of those were for the flu vaccine.

Clearly, the flu vaccine is the most dangerous vaccine in America today, but that fact is not mentioned by the mainstream media, nor is it likely to be reported to you by your doctor.

These cases are the ones that were compensated for injuries and deaths due to vaccines, which are only about 50% of the claims filed. The other 50% of vaccine injuries or deaths filed received nothing, because their attorneys were not able to defeat the government attorneys (funded through your tax dollars) fighting to not pay for damages. But even these claims that are filed are admittedly under-reported.

Can you find the facts Felix?
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9566 Jun 18, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
The last report issued in 2013 by the Department of Justice (Vaccine Court), for compensation made by the Health and Human Services for people injured or killed by vaccines, was released in December 2013, covering the period of 8/16/2013 through 11/15/2013.
There were 139 claims settled during this time period, with 70 of them being compensated. So, just over 50% of the claims filed for vaccine damages were compensated during this period.
The greatest percentage of damages compensated were for the influenza vaccine, and most of those were for Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). Yet these facts, tucked away in a file on the Department of Health and Human Services website, are never reported in the mainstream media. So we will report them here. You can also read the report yourself in the Power Point file here.
Of the 70 cases compensated, 42 of them were for the flu vaccine, or 60% of the cases settled where compensation was awarded for injury or death due to the vaccine. The combined total of the other 40% of cases settled included the following vaccines: Hep B, Tetanus, HPV, DTaP, MMR, IPV, PCV, Hib, Meningococcal, Varicella, TD.
So injuries and deaths due to the flu vaccine were compensated more than the total compensation paid out to eleven other vaccines. Yet, if you look at the top selling vaccines in the market, the top flu vaccine is only #5, being outsold by Prevnar, Gardasil, PENTAct-HIB, and Infanrix/Pediarix.
This is just for a 3 month period during 2013. For the period covered between 5/16/2013 to 8/15/2013, the numbers were very similar: 77 cases settled for compensation resulting in injury or death due to vaccines, and 50 of those were for the flu vaccine.
Clearly, the flu vaccine is the most dangerous vaccine in America today, but that fact is not mentioned by the mainstream media, nor is it likely to be reported to you by your doctor.
These cases are the ones that were compensated for injuries and deaths due to vaccines, which are only about 50% of the claims filed. The other 50% of vaccine injuries or deaths filed received nothing, because their attorneys were not able to defeat the government attorneys (funded through your tax dollars) fighting to not pay for damages. But even these claims that are filed are admittedly under-reported.
It isn't up to anyone to find what YOU claim, so if you have a link to these numbers, post it, otherwise, its just more BS that you've made up as far as we know. So where is your source for the measles claim? Just more conspiracy theory.
Felix

Paris, TN

#9567 Jun 18, 2014
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the claims then you are obligated to provide the sources of those claims. Of course you would know that if you had any academic background. Apparently you don't have the academic background. perhaps did not get last college freshman English composition.

Moreover, for the few sources you have ever bothered to provide, it was apparent that you did not understand what you claim to have read.

Provide the exact sources
Provide evidence that you understand the sources.
Provide evidence that you understand the difference between scientific evidence and anecdotal evidence.(You have yet not shown that you understand the difference)

Then i might give your claims serious consideration.
Fail

Lexington, TN

#9568 Jun 19, 2014
Arthur Reingold at UC Berkley. UC Berkeley.

While media outlets blame non-vaccinators for spreading whooping cough, PBS and UC Berkeley 's Reingold speak the truth: pertussis vaccine cannot be relied upon to provide immunity.

Reingold admits that you can still carry the disease in your nose and throat or still get a mild case and infect others despite being fully vaccinated.

"You can be immunized and protected against getting the disease, pertussis, but still have the organism in your nose and throat and spread it to others. Or you can have a very mild illness that is caused by pertussis that causes you to cough, and thereby infect others. So the immunity is not 100 percent from the pertussis vaccine. And what it means is any kind of herd immunity—the way we see, for example, much more powerfully with measles—really can’t be relied upon."
"the reality is the organism [pertussis] circulates freely in the U.S. despite high levels of vaccination."

http://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazin...
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9569 Jun 19, 2014
Fail wrote:
Arthur Reingold at UC Berkley. UC Berkeley.
While media outlets blame non-vaccinators for spreading whooping cough, PBS and UC Berkeley 's Reingold speak the truth: pertussis vaccine cannot be relied upon to provide immunity.
Reingold admits that you can still carry the disease in your nose and throat or still get a mild case and infect others despite being fully vaccinated.
"You can be immunized and protected against getting the disease, pertussis, but still have the organism in your nose and throat and spread it to others. Or you can have a very mild illness that is caused by pertussis that causes you to cough, and thereby infect others. So the immunity is not 100 percent from the pertussis vaccine. And what it means is any kind of herd immunity—the way we see, for example, much more powerfully with measles—really can’t be relied upon."
"the reality is the organism [pertussis] circulates freely in the U.S. despite high levels of vaccination."
http://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazin...
No you're the failure here. "You can be immunized and protected against getting the disease, pertussis, but still have the organism in your nose and throat and spread it to others. Or you can have a very mild illness that is caused by pertussis that causes you to cough, and thereby infect others." OTHERS WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED, genius. I have never heard anyone say a disease like Polio is gone because we are now "immune" due to vaccines. I don't think I have read anything here where someone is claiming vaccines create immunity. So in my opinion you FAIL.
mommyof5

Cookeville, TN

#9570 Jun 22, 2014
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
If the government says that your child is required by law to have shots of any kind then they should give them out free of charge. I do however think they keep down the spread of the disease but, I don't believe in getting them. I have religous beliefs that you should not get a lot of medical procedures But, my children have all had their shots because by law they need them for school. I could not opt out because I do not go by any specific religion, I just have my beliefs from what I have read and researched in the bible. BOTTOM LINE--- They should not make somthing mandatory unless they are going to provide it free of charge. aaaaaaalso this is the land of the free but they want to tell you what to do and punish you if don't comply... They should say it the land of the free to do what we say for you to do.
Ehhh

Kingsport, TN

#9571 Jun 22, 2014
Lisa wrote:
Why should I have to worry about non vaccinated /infected and diseased kids getting around mine at a public school! Shouldn't have to ever. MEASLES IS AT A 20 YR HIGH, ALL KINDS OF DISEASES OF OLD , LONG AGO ERADICATED ARE COMING BACK, DUE TO DUMMIES.

They are back because our borders are wide open and illegals aren't bound by the laws that the US citizens are bound by. I don't have a source or any other way to prove this but my gut says that the cases of diseases are from people who are here illegally. Notice that the rate of "old disease returns" increased as our illegal aliens did. I think if we allow illegals to call our shores home that they should be bound by the same laws. Laws that include a child being up to date on their shots before entering a daycare/school or any sports related activity, or any type of work force,

It amazes me that people aren't allowed to travel from other countries with any form of vegetation or plant that could possibly infect our crops, but anyone can cross the border and stick their child in our schools/daycare without even a health exam. And we are to believe that the government is looking out for our best interests?
Felix

Paris, TN

#9572 Jun 23, 2014
Ehhh wrote:
<quoted text>
They are back because our borders are wide open and illegals aren't bound by the laws that the US citizens are bound by. I don't have a source or any other way to prove this but my gut says that the cases of diseases are from people who are here illegally. Notice that the rate of "old disease returns" increased as our illegal aliens did. I think if we allow illegals to call our shores home that they should be bound by the same laws. Laws that include a child being up to date on their shots before entering a daycare/school or any sports related activity, or any type of work force,
It amazes me that people aren't allowed to travel from other countries with any form of vegetation or plant that could possibly infect our crops, but anyone can cross the border and stick their child in our schools/daycare without even a health exam. And we are to believe that the government is looking out for our best interests?
You are simply full of crap. If you don't have a source then you have no idea as to whether your claims are true or simply nonsense.

Note, the school is required to verify that a child has had the required vaccinations. The parent or guardian must provide that proof. Whether the child is legal or not has nothing to do admission to the school
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9573 Jun 23, 2014
Everyone who pays attention knows that CDC routinely lies, I mean exaggerates, the dangers and deaths from the flu each year in order to make sure to sell more flu vaccines to keep their masters, I mean the pharmaceutical industry, happy.
According to CDC statistics ‘influenza and pneumonia’ took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributable to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.
You see, the CDC has created one overall category that combines both flu and pneumonia deaths. Why do they do this? Because they disingenuously assume that the pneumonia deaths are complications stemming from the flu.
Say what??? CDC claimed there were over 60,000 deaths in 2001 from flu and pneumonia but there were really only 18 confirmed deaths from flu.
Sounds like more of the same lies they told around the supposed swine flu outbreak in 2009-10 when they said the swine flu was rampant but state health department records showed that only a fraction (2%-3%) of those diagnosed with swine flu actually had any sort of flu as confirmed by a blood test.
As for citing sources.
Many of the posts from me come from power point presentations from the CDC, FDA & other agencies.I have no way to post a link to these, as they are saved to my hard drive. How did that happen, you ask? I was there, numbnuts.
When you cross check these stats with state agencies, the lies are exposed.
Maybe you could could learn how to think for yourself & investigate these claims, you know, exert some effort.
You little sheep, you.
Felix

Paris, TN

#9574 Jun 23, 2014
Get Real wrote:
Everyone who pays attention knows that CDC routinely lies, I mean exaggerates, the dangers and deaths from the flu each year in order to make sure to sell more flu vaccines to keep their masters, I mean the pharmaceutical industry, happy.
According to CDC statistics ‘influenza and pneumonia’ took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributable to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was the flu virus positively identified.
You see, the CDC has created one overall category that combines both flu and pneumonia deaths. Why do they do this? Because they disingenuously assume that the pneumonia deaths are complications stemming from the flu.
Say what??? CDC claimed there were over 60,000 deaths in 2001 from flu and pneumonia but there were really only 18 confirmed deaths from flu.
Sounds like more of the same lies they told around the supposed swine flu outbreak in 2009-10 when they said the swine flu was rampant but state health department records showed that only a fraction (2%-3%) of those diagnosed with swine flu actually had any sort of flu as confirmed by a blood test.
As for citing sources.
Many of the posts from me come from power point presentations from the CDC, FDA & other agencies.I have no way to post a link to these, as they are saved to my hard drive. How did that happen, you ask? I was there, numbnuts.
Maybe you could could learn how to think for yourself & investigate these claims, you know, exert some effort.
You little sheep, you.
Are you suggesting that you are a disgruntled employee having been "unjustly" terminated?

As two of us have already written, it is you who make the "outrageous" claims, and therefore it is up to you to cite the exact sources of your information.

The reason given--that your sources are private--meaning not available for inspection by the general public--is not acceptable. You have provided an an excuse, not a valid reason for failing to cite specific sources. Perhaps you need to put "exert some effort".

As for your urging the reader "to learn how to think for yourself" and the sheep reference: this is simply a knee-jerk response to those who actually do think for themselves by questioning your claims. Such knee-jerk responses suggest that you are a sheep who cannot think for herself.

Provide the sources--if you can.

Provide evidence that you can understand the sources. Your post thus far provide no evidence that you do understand the sources you have provided.

Do try to refrain from name-calling. Your name-calling simply provides further evidence for your lack of understanding science.

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#9575 Jun 23, 2014
The flu vaccines don't cover all flu's. It is made for particular flu's. Whatever types of flus are most common at that time. I have never had a flu shot and the last time I was sick was over 3 years ago and it was jus mild. Lasted like three days and I was over it. In my opinion definitely a no go on the flu vaccine.

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#9576 Jun 23, 2014
George Carlin - Germs, Immune System: http://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo
Felix

Paris, TN

#9577 Jun 23, 2014
Billy Woods wrote:
George Carlin - Germs, Immune System: http://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo
So George is a medical trained authority?
WTH

Loudon, TN

#9578 Jun 23, 2014
Get Real wrote:
As for citing sources.
You little sheep, you.
These alleged presentations would need footnoting and reference material in order to be presented at either organization. Scientists have a habit of referring to studies, data compilations and the like. Just extract the references from the power point presentations that exist somewhere in your mind and cite them here. That's the biggest loiad of crap so far, man. You GOT to have a better story than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FDA could soon ease decades-old ban on gay bloo... Dec 4 RalphB 31
FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants Dec 3 lavon affair 5
The intersection between sex and drugs: a cross... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Chi 10
ACR Health Launches Syringe Exchange in Utica, ... Oct '14 King Cuomo 1
hep C genotype 2 Oct '14 question 1
Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infect... Oct '14 Time for a Change 1
Students must be in compliance with state immun... Aug '14 KA CHING 4 PHARMA 2
More from around the web