Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9407 May 11, 2014
REO wrote:
Hey Armadillo ol' buddy....what got you off on this psychological stuff? You read an article on Freud's Oedipal Complex or something and now think you know all about the stuff?? Ha! Ha! Freud was a nut!! His contributions to the science were few!
You make statements that you are in no position to confirm. I have made no reference to the Oedipal complex. Finally, you are in no position to comment on Freud's contributions--guess why.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9408 May 11, 2014
Red wrote:
<quoted text>More 8th grade humor? Now trying to get more advanced with other slurs. Pretty juvenile and your weakness shows. Now what were you saying about "meaningful" posts? Fool. You've been played by at least three people here. You've become the punching bag. The village idiot that people make fun of. Congratulations, your the damned dunce.
I seem to have upset you. So sorry for you. I must remember to take into consideration the feelings of morally stunted people like you and you and your so-called buddies. But that does not mean that i have to take seriously anything that your insignifcant friends claim as facts.

You need to remember, a$$H0le that you are the one who started this bu11sh1+. But, like a spoiled child--you think it is all about you.

I can see now that you cannot help yourself. That makes you either a fool, or someone that is seriously mentally deranged. You need help.

That is all i need say here on this subject. Your comments are useless and responding to your silly comments is like responding to a department store mannekin.
Red

Loudon, TN

#9409 May 11, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to have upset you. So sorry for you. I must remember to take into consideration the feelings of morally stunted people like you and you and your so-called buddies. But that does not mean that i have to take seriously anything that your insignifcant friends claim as facts.
You need to remember, a$$H0le that you are the one who started this bu11sh1+. But, like a spoiled child--you think it is all about you.
I can see now that you cannot help yourself. That makes you either a fool, or someone that is seriously mentally deranged. You need help.
That is all i need say here on this subject. Your comments are useless and responding to your silly comments is like responding to a department store mannekin.
That's really all you can do isn't it? Mimic what others say to you. You are continually strung along and played for a fool. Funny how simple minded you are. You post about how useless it is responding, but you really can't control yourself and you always do. Truly you are the village idiot.
putty tang

Glendale, CA

#9410 May 11, 2014
He likes too talk to you all:)

Memphis, TN

#9412 May 12, 2014
Very Concerned wrote:
Immunizations should NOT be required. It is much easier for people who do not have a child with autism to be so non-chalant about the fact that immunizations may very well be causing autims or increasing a child's chance of having autism. As a parent of a child with autism who noticed a huge difference in my child after his MMR shot, I am a firm believer that the shots ARE NOT for every child. I encourage all parents to do their own research before they make the decision to follow the 'standard' immunization schedule. One size does not fit all when it comes to immunizations.
I don't think they should say something does not cause autism when the cause hasn't be found as far as I know. It's very possible the child was born sensitive to chemicals they put in shots, like mercury, and the shots just serve as a trigger and make a condition that can be overlooked into something that can't. I'm not saying shots are all bad, but it's up to the parents to decide what they want to do. I did my research before I let my son have shots and decided on a less aggressive schedule. And I refuse to take my son to a doctor that will talk down to me because of my parenting choice.
REO

Cookeville, TN

#9413 May 12, 2014
Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You make statements that you are in no position to confirm. I have made no reference to the Oedipal complex. Finally, you are in no position to comment on Freud's contributions--guess why.
Oh pray tell! I know I am not worthy O great One, but please honor me with your knowledge!! LOL!!!
MrsG

Alexandria, TN

#9416 May 14, 2014
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
I do not think the government has a right to tell us if our children should or should not get shots, it should be up to the parents. Our girls get shots BUT... There are some we will NOT get because we have seen what they can do. We do research on any new shots and if it looks suspicious or anything like that, we will not get it.
MrsG

Alexandria, TN

#9417 May 14, 2014
myname wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
..."especially since the shots now are the shots our parents and we got"...
From what I've learned vaccines today are NOT what used to be given. Far from it. Used to be a vaccine against a handful of health issues - diptheria, mumps,measles, tetanus.
Today's vaccine covers an armload of health issues.I'll look this up and get back to you on it.
I strongly feel it sometimes brings on autism. I don't rightly put too much confidence in these scientific researches.
The conclusion made about autism could be and probably is for the benefit of 'Big Pharma' working in direct collusion with FDA.
After all - if the vaccines were declared HARMFUL, think how much $millions$ the drug companies would then lose! Drug companies DON'T care about our health; they care about making MONEY only.
I fully agree. When I was younger we only had 10 shots, now for kids it is 36! Kids now a days are more unhealthy compared to then. If you go by research, shots will show that they play a part in the new increase in kids getting illnesses, disease and some, death.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9418 May 14, 2014
PEER REVIEWED & it's finally being said... "The rapid increase in the number of vaccines given to US children has now created a state of immune overload in the majority, or close to the majority, of young US children and that this is being manifested by related health issues including epidemics of obesity, diabetes, and autism.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-paper-pr...
Tucker

Franklin, TN

#9419 May 14, 2014
Get Real wrote:
PEER REVIEWED & it's finally being said... "The rapid increase in the number of vaccines given to US children has now created a state of immune overload in the majority, or close to the majority, of young US children and that this is being manifested by related health issues including epidemics of obesity, diabetes, and autism.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-paper-pr...
There are many more Hannah Polings.
http://www.science20.com/news_articles/study_...

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#9420 May 14, 2014
... furthermore... in my mind its not too farfetched to think there is some type of population control go in on. People are as bad as any other animals. We overpopulate and destroy
Armadillo

Mckenzie, TN

#9421 May 14, 2014
Tucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Another pint of view

http://www.ncirs.edu.au/immunisation/fact-she...
Oldie

Netherlands

#9422 May 17, 2014
Old topix
uknow

United States

#9423 May 17, 2014
Old topix ...nah pics are better
Fez

Harriman, TN

#9425 May 17, 2014
http://i.imgur.com/4PUqLlY.jpg

There is a shot that prevents this.
Get Real

Lexington, TN

#9426 May 18, 2014
Tucker wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.

It's good to see someone else has their eyes open.
Mom

Smithville, TN

#9427 May 18, 2014
Do your research, then make the decision you feel is right for your child.
DeDominicis

Cookeville, TN

#9428 May 23, 2014
Yes.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9429 May 23, 2014
DeDominicis wrote:
Yes.
It takes no specialized training to understand or carry out original medical or pharmaceutical research. After all, we are living in a democracy.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9430 May 23, 2014
DeDominicis wrote:
Yes.
In a true democracy, anyone should be allowed to perform major surgery, and to prectice medicine as thet choose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does a liver biopsy hurt? (Oct '09) Dec 23 bigfella 33
FDA could soon ease decades-old ban on gay bloo... Dec 4 RalphB 31
FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) Dec 3 lavon affair 5
The intersection between sex and drugs: a cross... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Chi 10
ACR Health Launches Syringe Exchange in Utica, ... Oct '14 King Cuomo 1
hep C genotype 2 Oct '14 question 1
Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infect... Oct '14 Time for a Change 1
More from around the web