Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Level-Headed

United States

#8989 Feb 7, 2014
can also mean your penile is flat
Level-Headed

United States

#8990 Feb 7, 2014
lawsuits wrote:
that last posting should be removed, soooo sickening!
yes lets abandon free speech here on topix. while SSS riles against thinking people and tells them what to think . she says govt. knows best. post office soon to run banks they do so well with mail...
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#8992 Feb 7, 2014
Level-Headed wrote:
<quoted text> yes lets abandon free speech here on topix. while SSS riles against thinking people and tells them what to think . she says govt. knows best. post office soon to run banks they do so well with mail...
You are quite in error if you believe that you are one who is level-headed.

It is not the case that all people are able to make judgments in all areas. An MD is not a general education certificate.

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#8993 Feb 7, 2014
tlc44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumcision is not of my concern that is not going to kill your child Vaccines might!
That is a religious or personal choice.
Really you might want to look into it. Just like I thought jump on the vaccination high horse and ignore the damage of circumcision
jw

Madison, TN

#8995 Feb 7, 2014
Yeah

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#8996 Feb 7, 2014
Ya Know .I can SEE this being MANDATED ...if YOU and YOUR Family..receive Welfare..or Food Stamps..as a Precautionary.. standard ..
Ghost

Knoxville, TN

#8998 Feb 8, 2014
No and no

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9002 Feb 9, 2014
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you might want to look into it. Just like I thought jump on the vaccination high horse and ignore the damage of circumcision
All I am saying is do the research for yourself , The post asked our opinion on immunizations, I am just asking people to do some research on what is in the Vaccines If you want to get immunized Hey good for you. I am all for you doing what ever you feel is right. I am just trying to get people to get a little information on it and make their own decision from there. If you feel it is okay to get your child Circumcised feel free It's everyone's right to make up their own mind right????? SO then why should the state have the right to tell us it is Mandatory to get OUR children immunized what gives them the right to decide for us as parents what is best for our children?????????? Give them the power to do that and soon all our rights will be taken away.
a couple of things

Dunlap, TN

#9004 Feb 11, 2014
tlc44 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I am saying is do the research for yourself
Which you did not do. You looked up information that already supported what you wanted to be true. In fact the single largest piece of evidence that "proved" vaccines were bad was actually proven to be made up. That was the 1998.study that showed vaccines caused autism. It was a study however that was totally made up and the researcher admitted it.

As for mandatory vaccines. They should be mandatory because the diseases they prevent are communicable (that means they can spread from person to person). If you dont get vaccinated you get disease outbreaks like the ones in NYC because the Jewish community there did not vaccinate, the one in Texas of measles because a church was spreading ignorant garbage like you are, or the one of whooping cough in California because of the "toxins" in vaccines.

You give your children more harmful things in the food they eat every week, the water and soda they drink, and even the air you let them breath than the amount in the vaccine. Bringing them up is just ignorance rearing its ugly head because they are in miniscule levels. The fish from the Tennessee river are more toxic than a vaccine and even canned tuna.

Next time you do "research" how about researching both sides with an open mind. Not just the one that supports what you are already spouting.
Armadillo

Paris, TN

#9005 Feb 11, 2014
a couple of things wrote:
<quoted text>
Which you did not do. You looked up information that already supported what you wanted to be true. In fact the single largest piece of evidence that "proved" vaccines were bad was actually proven to be made up. That was the 1998.study that showed vaccines caused autism. It was a study however that was totally made up and the researcher admitted it.
As for mandatory vaccines. They should be mandatory because the diseases they prevent are communicable (that means they can spread from person to person). If you dont get vaccinated you get disease outbreaks like the ones in NYC because the Jewish community there did not vaccinate, the one in Texas of measles because a church was spreading ignorant garbage like you are, or the one of whooping cough in California because of the "toxins" in vaccines.
You give your children more harmful things in the food they eat every week, the water and soda they drink, and even the air you let them breath than the amount in the vaccine. Bringing them up is just ignorance rearing its ugly head because they are in miniscule levels. The fish from the Tennessee river are more toxic than a vaccine and even canned tuna.
Next time you do "research" how about researching both sides with an open mind. Not just the one that supports what you are already spouting.
Nice post!!

Since: Jun 10

Knoxville, TN

#9006 Feb 19, 2014
I had all the immunizations as a child,in school and in the military and am not aware of adverse issues - this will keep the children from getting diseases from illegals that have not been seen for years. They are bringing in thing that were eradicate years ago. Be careful what you fight against.

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#9007 Feb 19, 2014
MarbleCityGlen wrote:
I had all the immunizations as a child,in school and in the military and am not aware of adverse issues - this will keep the children from getting diseases from illegals that have not been seen for years. They are bringing in thing that were eradicate years ago. Be careful what you fight against.
Me too I even have a small pox vaccine scar, my son had his shots no problem. I am more against fluoride than vaccines.
Great idea

United States

#9008 Feb 20, 2014
Gov should be able to do anything
Front Row Seat

Franklin, TN

#9009 Feb 21, 2014
MarbleCityGlen wrote:
I had all the immunizations as a child,in school and in the military and am not aware of adverse issues - this will keep the children from getting diseases from illegals that have not been seen for years. They are bringing in thing that were eradicate years ago. Be careful what you fight against.
You want your anecdotal "proof" to mean something but you ignore the stories of hundreds of thousands of parents who had a front row seat to a distinct regression with a vaccination. Go to an autism conference. Listen.

If vaccines are safe, then why are they protected from lawsuits?

No, the government should not mandate immunizations.
justified

Mcminnville, TN

#9010 Feb 21, 2014
YES!!!! the state should mandate it, cause Mexicans and gas station Indians bring everything from there country over here,
justified

Mcminnville, TN

#9011 Feb 21, 2014
Front Row Seat wrote:
<quoted text>
You want your anecdotal "proof" to mean something but you ignore the stories of hundreds of thousands of parents who had a front row seat to a distinct regression with a vaccination. Go to an autism conference. Listen.
If vaccines are safe, then why are they protected from lawsuits?
No, the government should not mandate immunizations.
-----yes the government should!!!!! cause of Mexicans and gas station Indians bring something to this country to wipe all of us out,,ever herd of polio , how about blue bonnet plague, make them get there shots!!!! especially illegals
justified

Mcminnville, TN

#9012 Feb 21, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Ya Know .I can SEE this being MANDATED ...if YOU and YOUR Family..receive Welfare..or Food Stamps..as a Precautionary.. standard ..
--- what about the illegal that's coming in to work beside you in a plant that has something that's fatal to everyone In 24 hours wouldn't you want him and his family to have shots, that also protects us also
You are an idiot

Milan, TN

#9013 Feb 21, 2014
justified wrote:
YES!!!! the state should mandate it, cause Mexicans and gas station Indians bring everything from there country over here,
Wish they had brought you some better grammar and language skills.
doc

Travelers Rest, SC

#9016 Feb 21, 2014
no def not
get real

Lexington, TN

#9019 Feb 23, 2014
I've got a simple proposal. The current system is that the drug companies, the doctors and to some extent the government have no liability for vaccine injury. The process of getting a claim through the system is long and arduous and rarely successful. Vaccines are mandated to get into school and the availability of exemptions is not well publicized. Plus, there is no limit on vaccine profitability. My suggestion? The vaccine enthusiasts can have any two out of three. Mandates and liability protection but zero profits. Profits and mandates but no liability shield. Profits and liability shield but no mandates. The current system is an invitation to fraud, frankly.

Of 11 vaccines licensed mandated for children (all given multiple times), only a single vaccine -- the MMR -- has been studied for its relationship to autism.

This would be like trying to identify the source of a plane crash, suspecting mechanical failure, solely analyzing one of the wings, and then declaring the entire airplane free of culpability.

No studies consider the real world and how vaccines are actually given~ American children get 6-7 vaccines simultaneously at their 2,4, & 6 month Dr visits, then again at 12 months.

Then again before kindergarten, the flu shot every year.. now chicken pox upon entering 7th grade.

There are 250+ vaccines in development right now. Somebody will pony up there child under the guise of a mandate only to discover they've been blindsided by an industry motivated by profit & shielded from liability.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does a liver biopsy hurt? (Oct '09) Dec 23 bigfella 33
FDA could soon ease decades-old ban on gay bloo... Dec 4 RalphB 31
FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) Dec 3 lavon affair 5
The intersection between sex and drugs: a cross... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Chi 10
ACR Health Launches Syringe Exchange in Utica, ... Oct '14 King Cuomo 1
hep C genotype 2 Oct '14 question 1
Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infect... Oct '14 Time for a Change 1
More from around the web