Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9620 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

SomeOne

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8570 Aug 10, 2013
tj liberty wrote:
This is all prepping...we should be used to it by now. If we accept the shots no questions asked/ never mind the symptoms we just do it because we are told.what does this say about us? You can't believe anything "they" tell you. If its in the mainstream you are being deceived. IT's NEVER in your best interest. They are preying on your fear. They create a scenario to frighten you and your health.. then THEY come in to save the day. when I was younger I got maybe 10 shots kids today get about 25.Did you know that when a baby Is first born they are give a HEP shot this is NEWBORN!! they inject baby with enough mercury for a 280LB man.. surely this isn't safe...THEY will just force the belief that another shot will fix ya' right up if something goes wrong. I'd be more concerned with what is being given to me than preventing me from getting. The entire world is going to have cancer at some point in their life because THEY are giving it to you. and they will GIVE you the anecdote as well..
Could you give me an anecdote?
Spiderman

Dunlap, TN

#8571 Aug 10, 2013
noooooo. it should be personal choice. you dont "need" vaccines. hell have the things they vaccinate against arent even around anymore... like oh idk... the measles? who the hell has had those within the past ten years? i think its pointless to vaccinate against "epidemic" viruses when they aren't around anymore. ill be honest, ive had very very few vaccines and im incredibly healthy and never get sick. like ever. and i mean like ever. maybe once every couple of years? so yea. i think it should be personal decision and not mandatory.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8572 Aug 10, 2013
Hasn't school already started in most areas of TN.?

So, did most of you get your Kids vaccinated , or not?
SomeOne

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8573 Aug 10, 2013
Spiderman wrote:
noooooo. it should be personal choice. you dont "need" vaccines. hell have the things they vaccinate against arent even around anymore... like oh idk... the measles? who the hell has had those within the past ten years? i think its pointless to vaccinate against "epidemic" viruses when they aren't around anymore. ill be honest, ive had very very few vaccines and im incredibly healthy and never get sick. like ever. and i mean like ever. maybe once every couple of years? so yea. i think it should be personal decision and not mandatory.
Te problem with your opinion is that measles has not been eradicated.

See
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/05/21/18...
Spiderman

Dunlap, TN

#8574 Aug 10, 2013
Yea maybe not but still, how unlikely is it? most of the things that vaccinate us against are so unlikely that 95% of us dont need that vaccine and tons of people get sick from them, in some cases die. so i truly believe it should be ones own personal decision of the decision of the parents as to if the child should be vaccinated.
tj liberty

Medon, TN

#8575 Aug 10, 2013
PairAnnoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't out to get you!
It's not about being paranoid. It's about having the brains to make your own decision about something without being FORCED into it by an anonymous face. It's not paranoia that fuels my thoughts it's the realization that we are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. I hope "they" are out to get me....I don't scare easily. Seriously think about what you go along with in daily life that is pushed on you and I bet you do it all with little to no thought...IGNORANCE IS BLISS MY FRIEND. Knowledge is a curse/ because it makes you SMARTER/ "PARANOID"
tj liberty

Medon, TN

#8576 Aug 10, 2013
SomeOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you give me an anecdote?
EXCUSE ME: ANTIDOTE
SomeOne

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8577 Aug 10, 2013
Spiderman wrote:
Yea maybe not but still, how unlikely is it? most of the things that vaccinate us against are so unlikely that 95% of us dont need that vaccine and tons of people get sick from them, in some cases die. so i truly believe it should be ones own personal decision of the decision of the parents as to if the child should be vaccinated.
"Tons of people"? If each person were to weigh 100 pounds. One ton = 20 people. 100 tons = 2,000 persons. Given 300,000,000 people in the US that would be less than .0007% Of people getting sick from vaccine if all were vaccinated. Of a chance of a problem with vaccination. As opposed to 5% of a chance of getting will. So there are 5/.0007 ~ 7,000 chances of getting sick with the disease than having a problem with the vaccine. The point is that in case of Serious disease, there is far less risk associated with the vaccination than with than with the disease.
SomeOne

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8578 Aug 10, 2013
tj liberty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about being paranoid. It's about having the brains to make your own decision about something without being FORCED into it by an anonymous face. It's not paranoia that fuels my thoughts it's the realization that we are NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. I hope "they" are out to get me....I don't scare easily. Seriously think about what you go along with in daily life that is pushed on you and I bet you do it all with little to no thought...IGNORANCE IS BLISS MY FRIEND. Knowledge is a curse/ because it makes you SMARTER/ "PARANOID"
Your comment suggests that you DO scare easily.

By definitIon paranoia is the opposite of knowledge.

Paranoia is the IRRATIONAL fear that people are out to get you. To say that your fear is irrational is to say that you do not have evidence--knowledge--that people have out to get you. Therefore, it is nonsense to say that being paranoid makes you smarter in the sense of having more knowledge.
Awful

Knoxville, TN

#8579 Aug 10, 2013
Spiderman wrote:
Because everyone around you has had the vaccines, shesh. Just shovel some more McDs down your gullet and get your dosage the new American way.
Sleep Cheap Thieves

Memphis, TN

#8582 Aug 11, 2013
Sleep Cheap should be shut down......They are a rip off company

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8583 Aug 11, 2013
Sleep Cheap Thieves wrote:
Sleep Cheap should be shut down......They are a rip off company
You've told us, but I still don't know what City they're in, even though I've asked.
RCI

Lexington, NC

#8585 Aug 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Hasn't school already started in most areas of TN.?
So, did most of you get your Kids vaccinated , or not?
Really? Why do they start so early? Most counties in NC don't start until around the 20th or so of August.
concerned citizen

Jamestown, TN

#8586 Aug 12, 2013
No medical treatment should ever be mandatory.
First, a vaccine IS a virus. If you don't know, a virus can interact with and change the DNA of your body. Anytime a vaccine is introduced to the body, there is the possibility that the vaccine may cause serious side effects and may much later in life be a problem, as DNA is replicated for new cells, the viral changes may be passed on to the new cells, even to reproductive cells, which may the be inherited by offspring.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-01...

Second, no drug company ever wants to cure you of your disease, they only want to treat the symptoms of the disease. Drug companies are for profit ventures, and if disease was cured, they would not be selling refills of prescriptions every month. If disease were cured, the Pharmaceuticals would be bankrupt.

Third, The FDA is funded by the Pharmaceuticals. By approving more drugs, then mandating them, the government is lining its own pockets.

http://www.anh-usa.org/fda-negotiating-more-m...

Can you truly trust that something is safe just because the Pharmaceuticals and FDA says so. I don't. and I sure as hell don't want to give anyone the opportunity to tamper with my DNA.
HeHe

North Augusta, SC

#8587 Aug 12, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
No medical treatment should ever be mandatory.
First, a vaccine IS a virus. If you don't know, a virus can interact with and change the DNA of your body. Anytime a vaccine is introduced to the body, there is the possibility that the vaccine may cause serious side effects and may much later in life be a problem, as DNA is replicated for new cells, the viral changes may be passed on to the new cells, even to reproductive cells, which may the be inherited by offspring.
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-01...
Second, no drug company ever wants to cure you of your disease, they only want to treat the symptoms of the disease. Drug companies are for profit ventures, and if disease was cured, they would not be selling refills of prescriptions every month. If disease were cured, the Pharmaceuticals would be bankrupt.
Third, The FDA is funded by the Pharmaceuticals. By approving more drugs, then mandating them, the government is lining its own pockets.
http://www.anh-usa.org/fda-negotiating-more-m...
Can you truly trust that something is safe just because the Pharmaceuticals and FDA says so. I don't. and I sure as hell don't want to give anyone the opportunity to tamper with my DNA.
You don't "own" your DNA, you are just leasing it from the government. If you don't believe that, then look up the patents being issued by them.
Supporter

Waynesboro, TN

#8588 Aug 12, 2013
Yes they surely should, it's only right!
concerned citizen

Jamestown, TN

#8592 Aug 12, 2013
HeHe wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't "own" your DNA, you are just leasing it from the government. If you don't believe that, then look up the patents being issued by them.
Reminds me of the Michael Crichton novel, Next. lol
JUST

Greeneville, TN

#8593 Aug 13, 2013
-SAY NO-
Harold

Bulgaria

#8594 Aug 13, 2013
JUST wrote:
-SAY NO-
Why?
sister

Crossville, TN

#8597 Aug 17, 2013
not on your life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appalachia gripped by hepatitis C epidemic, bra... 10 hr Wow 50
News Vaccine Didn't Cause Girl's 'Autism-Like' Illness Sun friend 8
does a liver biopsy hurt? (Oct '09) Jul 22 Sam 35
News Immigrant children in Texas detention center gi... Jul 5 Donny Brook 1
News Feds: Immigrant kids given adult dose of Hepati... Jul 4 FEAR MONGERING 1
News FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) Jun '15 zio-imperialism 8
News Students rally against blood bad for gay men Jun '15 Rudy 4
More from around the web