Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8291 Jul 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd so are you.
May I take your word for that?
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8292 Jul 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd so are you.
I thought we already discussed the quality of your opinion.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#8293 Jul 2, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we already discussed the quality of your opinion.
We? Y'all got a mouse in your pocket?
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8294 Jul 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
We means you and I.
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8295 Jul 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather dense aren't you?
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8296 Jul 2, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you are quite slow.
Thor

Wartburg, TN

#8297 Jul 2, 2013
Hey and Someone, The jury is in and the verdict declared. You are both nuts.

This causes me to be in the same boat by answering this spam.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8298 Jul 3, 2013
Someone wrote:
To Silverman and done My homework
I get it! The government wants to kill us all. I am forever indebted to your enlightened point of view!
Yet another example of argumentum ad absurdum. You should look this one up.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8299 Jul 3, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument does not deal with the facts of the matter. Rather you are attacking those who do not agree with you as being:
1. Brainwashed
2. Lazy
3. Evil (the government)
The homework you have submitted is not as of this time acceptable.
I realize that the intrusion of reality is inconvenient for you.
ted

Dunlap, TN

#8300 Jul 3, 2013
not sure
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8301 Jul 3, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You have confirmed my statement regarding your ill conceived approach to those who disagree with your point of view.
You homework needs to be resubmitted
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8302 Jul 3, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of alternate realities (and yours is), what have you been smoking? Could I get some too?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8304 Jul 4, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of alternate realities (and yours is), what have you been smoking? Could I get some too?
You seem rather opinionated and certain for someone who has openly admitted you aren't educated enough to form an opinion.

FYI, the only mind alteration I participate in is expanding my knowledge base. I have a feeling that you lack the motivation and/or the mental acumen for such an endeavor, but to be fair I'll pose a small challenge for you. In 2008 a bill was defeated by the House of Representatives which was publicly termed "The Bail-Out Bill"; what was the actual title of this bill at that time, and what reason might there be for changing its title?

Let us see how you do with your Homework.
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8305 Jul 4, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem rather opinionated and certain for someone who has openly admitted you aren't educated enough to form an opinion.
FYI, the only mind alteration I participate in is expanding my knowledge base. I have a feeling that you lack the motivation and/or the mental acumen for such an endeavor, but to be fair I'll pose a small challenge for you. In 2008 a bill was defeated by the House of Representatives which was publicly termed "The Bail-Out Bill"; what was the actual title of this bill at that time, and what reason might there be for changing its title?
Let us see how you do with your Homework.
As usual, you make unsubstantiated claims about my educational background. There is (at least here) little considered marks of education: that there are certain areas of knowledge that are not within my sphere of expertise. Unless you are medically trained by qualified people, and I see no evidence that your are, then your views on medical issues should carry little or no more weight than any other person on the street.

That being said, it remains highly implausible that all those people working in the medical establishment, and those in government service are a evil as you make them out to be, one is left to wonder which bothers you more: the political issues or the medical issues. Your comments about the government and the medical establishment suggest the former. Your so-called challenge about the "The Bail-Out Bill" provides further evidence.

Consider refraining from ad hominems and attempts at one upmanship directed to me in your posts. Resorting to such maneuvers is a sign of frustration on your part and adds no substance to the conversation.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8306 Jul 4, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you make unsubstantiated claims about my educational background.
Really? Let's see about that.
Someone wrote:
I understand enough to know that I am not qualified to interpret these studies.
From post #8175.

I submitted that there are doctors, scientists, and professionals of all kinds will sell their expertise to the highest bidder, and I doubt you can refute this. Furthermore I've stated that we are each as qualified to decide for ourselves as anyone else, and that submitting to some supposed authority, regardless of source, is submitting to tyranny and dictatorial rule; again not denied by you or anyone with an IQ in the double digit range or higher.

From the way you use your words it does appear that you base "qualification" on what a person has been "given" by some form of educational/government authority. You also perceive insult and slight where none exists which indicates much about your personality and motivations for your opinions.
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8307 Jul 4, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Let's see about that.
<quoted text>
From post #8175.
I submitted that there are doctors, scientists, and professionals of all kinds will sell their expertise to the highest bidder, and I doubt you can refute this. Furthermore I've stated that we are each as qualified to decide for ourselves as anyone else, and that submitting to some supposed authority, regardless of source, is submitting to tyranny and dictatorial rule; again not denied by you or anyone with an IQ in the double digit range or higher.
From the way you use your words it does appear that you base "qualification" on what a person has been "given" by some form of educational/government authority. You also perceive insult and slight where none exists which indicates much about your personality and motivations for your opinions.
There is a difference between some doctors and scientists being corrupt and all being corrupt. Of course, I cannot refute the claim that some are (at least one is) corrupt. If you mean that most, if not all are corrupt, and your arguments depend on this fact, then that fact cannot be established without providing a good deal more Thant the anecdotal evidence that has been provided in this topic.

As for the last sentence, retread what you have wriitten earlier. You are many of your posts attack The bearer of any message you disagree with rather an the message.
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8308 Jul 4, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between some doctors and scientists being corrupt and all being corrupt. Of course, I cannot refute the claim that some are (at least one is) corrupt. If you mean that most, if not all are corrupt, and your arguments depend on this fact, then that fact cannot be established without providing a good deal more Thant the anecdotal evidence that has been provided in this topic.
As for the last sentence, retread what you have wriitten earlier. You are many of your posts attack The bearer of any message you disagree with rather an the message.
I admit that I am a lousy proofreader
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#8309 Jul 5, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously mistaken me for someone else. My position is that each person has sovereignty over their own body, adults have sovereignty over their own families, and in a free country the government is subservient to the people, not the other way around. If you choose to disagree, so be it.

As for your feelings of persecution, I simply can't help you there.
Someone

Trezevant, TN

#8310 Jul 5, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously mistaken me for someone else. My position is that each person has sovereignty over their own body, adults have sovereignty over their own families, and in a free country the government is subservient to the people, not the other way around. If you choose to disagree, so be it.
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot all be free to do whatever we please at all times.

I am not concerned about feelings of persecution: rather I have repeatedly pointed out that your reluctance to distinguish

between

1. the claims you have made

and

2. your statements against the persons who question your claims.

If indeed

... each person has sovereignty over their own body, adults have sovereignty over their own families, and in a free country the government is subservient to the people, not the other way around.

Who are the ``people'' here?

It is a given that the TN legislature passed the immunization laws. In theory at least, the legislature act as proxy for the people. If so, then by transitivity the people of TN passed the laws. Hence, in this case the government (the executive and judicial branches) are subservient to the people.

Accordingly, the government has not trampled on the rights of the "people".

It is a given that people may refuse for, religious or medical reasons, to be immunized. In other words, good reasons are required.

Likewise, those who support the claim that they should not have to submit to the immunization law would like to produce good reasons for not submitting. Statements about sovereignty of the individuals cannot alone be regarded as a good reason for refusing to submit. Otherwise, the claim to sovereignty alone would justify refusing to submit to any and all laws. In this case, our society would virtually be the the same as Hobbes' state of nature (no government, no property rights, no morality.)

If, on the other hand, it can be shown that the immunizations are are not medically beneficiary, even harmful, then one would have good reasons for that we should not have to submit.

So the question is, does the drive to remain sovereign fuel the search for evidence against the government, educational, and medical establishments?

Again, anecdotal evidence regarding the actions of some pharmaceutical companies, may motivate further research, but it does not count as evidence acceptable to science.
sam

United States

#8311 Jul 5, 2013
Q
Qqqa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FDA could soon ease decades-old ban on gay bloo... Dec 4 RalphB 31
FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants Dec 3 lavon affair 5
The intersection between sex and drugs: a cross... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Chi 10
ACR Health Launches Syringe Exchange in Utica, ... Oct '14 King Cuomo 1
hep C genotype 2 Oct '14 question 1
Frozen Poop Pills Fight Life-Threatening Infect... Oct '14 Time for a Change 1
Students must be in compliance with state immun... Aug '14 KA CHING 4 PHARMA 2
More from around the web