Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9752 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Someone

Kingsport, TN

#8055 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
In that MDs practice medicine and DOs practice witchcraft.
o

Note the following

http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health...
Someone

Kingsport, TN

#8056 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
In that MDs practice medicine and DOs practice witchcraft.
Also look at http://www.nvic.org/about/barbarafisherbio.as...

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#8057 Jun 21, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>o
Note the following
http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health...
Having an organization dedicated to witchcraft does not make it any less witchcraft.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#8058 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Having an organization dedicated to witchcraft does not make it any less witchcraft.
Yep, that's why herbal healers were burned at the stake for practicing witchcraft.
It was so great then cause the real doctors solved a tooth ache pain by writing "in the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost" on your jaw.
Now I call that the real medicine. Oh wait, they carried a cane around besides.
That made them extra special.
They should have stuck with that, at least they wouldn't be knocking off hundreds of thousands a year with the best healthcare system in the world.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#8059 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't just make sh1t up and claim you "read it" somewhere.
Well why the hell not? we can go to war and kill our soldiers and a million Iraqis, contaminate their country, leave thousands homeless, and children orphaned all on fake WMDs.
Did y'all fall for that one too? It was the establishment that said so, so it must be true.
RIGHT?
Someone

Kingsport, TN

#8060 Jun 21, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why the hell not? we can go to war and kill our soldiers and a million Iraqis, contaminate their country, leave thousands homeless, and children orphaned all on fake WMDs.
Did y'all fall for that one too? It was the establishment that said so, so it must be true.
RIGHT?
Your response here certainly suggests that you are making sh*t up, or at least it is ok for you to do so if others have done so.
lickname

Crossville, TN

#8061 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be in favor of people having the freedom to rob you? To beat your kids? Freedom to drive on the sidewalk? Freedom to burn tires in their backyard up wind from you house? Would you be in favor of the freedom to swing machetes around while walking through the supermarket? How about dumping mercury down people's drinking wells?
Freedom does not mean "do whatever the f you want". Your freedom ends where my safety begins.
Not vaccinating your children means you are endangering the lives of all other Americans.
So, if you want THAT kind of Freedom, move to Afghanistan.
Bad analogy.. Would you be in favor of a government official standing on every street corner to hold your hand so you can walk across the street? Remember, it is the safer way to go.
Someone

Kingsport, TN

#8062 Jun 21, 2013
lickname wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad analogy.. Would you be in favor of a government official standing on every street corner to hold your hand so you can walk across the street? Remember, it is the safer way to go.
So, what's would be wrong with that if one were free to decide whether, and when, as long as a car would not interfere, cross the street? In that case no freedom would have been restricted.

The issue raised is that failing to be vaccinated may well endanger others. That distinguishes Nuggin's comment from your silly extension.
why

Helenwood, TN

#8063 Jun 21, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you need to check again because you are WILDLY off.
You honestly believe that 80% of school children are sitting the corner rocking back and forth unable to communicate?
No.
The government has relaxed the definition of Autism to the point that almost all children could be labeled. Autistic children can be above average in intelligence, and are determined by a psychologist. Many of you reading this might qualify. Just another way of working a teacher's a** off with more paperwork and county money for supplies.
Ron

Strzelin, Poland

#8064 Jun 21, 2013
why wrote:
<quoted text> The government has relaxed the definition of Autism to the point that almost all children could be labeled. Autistic children can be above average in intelligence, and are determined by a psychologist. Many of you reading this might qualify. Just another way of working a teacher's a** off with more paperwork and county money for supplies.
what happened to the retards?
Mad Murdoch

Cub Run, KY

#8065 Jun 22, 2013
Mike wrote:
I caught my thing in my zipper once and had to go to the hospital to have it removed.
i caught mine in the meat slicer at work.they fired her and me both!
Danny

Kazakhstan

#8066 Jun 22, 2013
Mad Murdoch wrote:
<quoted text>i caught mine in the meat slicer at work.they fired her and me both!
Was you naked?
Hey

Crossville, TN

#8067 Jun 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response here certainly suggests that you are making sh*t up, or at least it is ok for you to do so if others have done so.
My response to Nuggy was that he always claims that no matter who says anything that goes against what he says, as how things are, do not have their facts correct, got it from a stupid source, or you are simply stupid.
Everything he puts out there as truth is all Government, big business, Big Pharma talk, while he claims they are all truthful, a good source and therefore he must be brilliant.
I was stating as with the big tale of the WMDs all these things happened, which were true, from those same sources he claims have all the correct answers and are the ultimate.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#8068 Jun 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what's would be wrong with that if one were free to decide whether, and when, as long as a car would not interfere, cross the street? In that case no freedom would have been restricted.
The issue raised is that failing to be vaccinated may well endanger others. That distinguishes Nuggin's comment from your silly extension.
So, I ask, what do y'all think an individual is capable of doing for themselves?
You and Nuggy sound very authoritarian.
And, I say, WHO WILL WATCH THE WATCHERS? The watchers are simply other individuals who watch other individuals and get paid for it.
They also, usually, have very big egos. Yep, that would be Freud
Someone

Kingsport, TN

#8069 Jun 22, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I ask, what do y'all think an individual is capable of doing for themselves?
You and Nuggy sound very authoritarian.
And, I say, WHO WILL WATCH THE WATCHERS? The watchers are simply other individuals who watch other individuals and get paid for it.
They also, usually, have very big egos. Yep, that would be Freud
You merely choose to ignore distinctions that have been made here. According to your position, I should have the right to drive in the left lane of a two lane road if I so desire despite the fact that there is a good possibility of causing a car wreck while doing so.

Your reference to Freud here reveals ignorance: Freud's use of the term ego has nothing to do with having an inflated opinion of oneself.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#8070 Jun 22, 2013
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You merely choose to ignore distinctions that have been made here. According to your position, I should have the right to drive in the left lane of a two lane road if I so desire despite the fact that there is a good possibility of causing a car wreck while doing so.
Your reference to Freud here reveals ignorance: Freud's use of the term ego has nothing to do with having an inflated opinion of oneself.
Perhaps you need to read more on Freud and throw in Maslow, Fromm, Horney, ect, they all speak of ego inflation.
I am not arguing that driving in ways that are not safe is unreasonable.
You can create a society based on fear of punishment or based on a deep regard for life.
If you chose punishment you need watchers if you respect life and therefore the safety of others and oneself the self is always there watching itself.
It is a shame we prefer fear for control.
This is authoritarian thinking. You can check out those same folks above on this one.

Cyndi

Wartburg, TN

#8071 Jun 22, 2013
Every child should have their immunizations not only for their safety but also the safety of any one they are around.

Los Angeles, CA

#8072 Jun 22, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's why herbal healers were burned at the stake for practicing witchcraft.
It was so great then cause the real doctors solved a tooth ache pain by writing "in the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost" on your jaw.
Now I call that the real medicine. Oh wait, they carried a cane around besides.
That made them extra special.
Jackass, you are citing faith healers as an example why REAL medicine is wrong?!

Faith healing is ALSO magic.

Further Oestipaths are NOT "herbal healers". Herbal healers are naturopaths and basically offer medicine which is untested, unrefined, full of contaminants, unmeasured and unscreened for potential interactions.

You know "safe".

Los Angeles, CA

#8073 Jun 22, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
RIGHT?
The "establishment" also says that you need to breath to survive.

Do you doubt EVERYTHING that the "establishment" says? Or do you think maybe you can separated out the work of Galen from 2000+ years ago and something that Dick Cheney said 10 years ago?

Los Angeles, CA

#8074 Jun 22, 2013
lickname wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you would complain if _EVERY TIME_ you took your car on the road, 20 people jumped on it and each sued you for hitting them with your car.

YOU are at risk if OTHER PEOPLE behave badly.

THAT is why we have a government, to protect the CITIZEN who is behaving correctly from the citizens who are behaving incorrectly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Authorization For Needle Exchange In Pittsf... Fri Cops are degenerates 3
News Dubai to screen expats for Hepatitis C and Syph... (Sep '08) Nov 15 AKBER 16
Cure for hepatitis affordable? (May '16) Nov 11 lblanco 3
News FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) Oct '16 israel on the dole 11
News Magnitude of dirty VA hospital equipment unknown (Apr '09) Aug '16 oldvet 9
does a liver biopsy hurt? (Oct '09) Aug '16 Jo G 37
News Pamela Anderson: 'I'M Going to Cure My Hepatiti... (Oct '07) Jul '16 SKRAPPY DOO 83
More from around the web