Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Read more: Chattanoogan.com 9,604

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Read more

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#7689 May 18, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, would you rather eat 1 tablespoon of rat poison or 25 Milkyways?Evaluate that.Hell it's the dose that counts.Right?
Do you understand what a dose is?
Ida- B

Johnson City, TN

#7690 May 18, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
We need to stop letting anyone in the country who isn't vaccinated. The foreigners come here with disease and our kids are getting sick. If our children must have immunizations to attend schools, than all foreign children must also have them.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7691 May 18, 2013
European countries have different models
of vaccination that have been modified in recent decades. In Scandinavian countries, which have the lowest infant mortality, vaccinations are voluntary
and infants receive their first vaccination at 3 months of age. In the first year of life, they receive
9 recommended vaccinations, and at 18 months - MMR. The acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP) is used, as well as IPV. BCG and Hepatitis B vaccines are administered to children from high risk groups. Similar vaccination schedules exist in other European countries, where the vaccination of neonates was abandoned and a ban on the use of thimerosal in vaccines was introduced Note also that Scandinavian countries have the lowest rates of autism compared to other developed countries in which children are vaccinated much earlier and with greater number of vaccines.
Professor Majewska - a neurobiologist, Director of the Marie Curie Chairs Program at the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology of the Nervous System in Warsaw - together with pediatricians, drafted a proposal for changes to the
vaccination program in Poland, which is based on an analysis of programs in
other European Union countries. The propositions are as follows:
1.Eliminate thimerosal from all vaccines.
2.Discontinue the immunization of infants with the hepatitis B vaccine (vaccinate only newborns at high risk of infected
mothers).
3.Discontinue BCG vaccination of neonates (use only in children from regions where the percentage of TB patients is over 40 per 100
thousand).
4.Begin vaccination from 4 months old in theremaining group of children.
5.Discontinue the whole cell pertussis vaccine.
6.Give a maximum of three types of vaccines in
one day.
7.Discontinue the administration of live virus vaccines or give them one at a time at safe intervals.
8.Make monovalent vaccines accessible.
9.Com mitment of the doctor administering the vaccine to conduct a preliminary interview with the parents about allergies, asthma and other autoimmune diseases and postvaccinal complications in family members, allowing them to predict whether a given child may experience severe postvaccinal reactions. Such a child should have an individual, very careful vaccination program developed.
10.Monitor the health status of children after vaccination in order to notice life
-or health-threatening conditions in time.
11.Create a national program for compulsory registration of postvaccinal complications and deaths. These data should be reported to the WHO and information about complications should be provided in the child's health record.
sorry I dont Care

Cookeville, TN

#7693 May 18, 2013
NO!

Valley Village, CA

#7694 May 18, 2013
Geeze wrote:
1.Eliminate thimerosal from all vaccines.
It has been gone for YEARS. There was no corresponding change in autism rates. Therefore thimerosal is NOT responsible for autism.
11.Create a national program for compulsory registration of postvaccinal complications and deaths. These data should be reported to the WHO and information about complications should be provided in the child's health record.
Likewise, create a national program of compulsory criminal prosecution of parents who fail to vaccinate if their child or any child who comes into contact with their child suffers from a preventable disease.
awake

Waynesboro, TN

#7695 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, your comment shows that you don't have the first idea how diseases work.
Second, there are people who through no fault of their own can not get vaccinated and yes, your ignorance is putting them at risk
Third, the ingredients ARE listed.
Fourth, sucrose is sugar, it's not a toxin
Fifth, you can't determine if something is a toxin without evaluating the dosage. If you take too much salt it will kill you. Is salt a toxin?
when i was ten i had a micro-scope and chemesty set that would be illeagal now.knew about ole loui-es and the mico-war at ten. why should it be a crime for me and "no fault of YOUR own if you CANT, CANT. WELL I WONT have your POISION imposed and injected into my son. how dare you. dont confuse building blocks with toxins like alluminum.besides you CLAIM you have the cure.

Valley Village, CA

#7696 May 18, 2013
awake wrote:
<quoted text>when i was ten i had a micro-scope and chemesty set that would be illeagal now.knew about ole loui-es and the mico-war at ten. why should it be a crime for me and "no fault of YOUR own if you CANT, CANT. WELL I WONT have your POISION imposed and injected into my son. how dare you. dont confuse building blocks with toxins like alluminum.besides you CLAIM you have the cure.
Is there anyone there who has taken at least one year of High School English?

If you elect to have your children not get immunized, that's fine. You just won't be allowed to have them attend public schools and you'll be subject to criminal charges if they, or anyone they come in contact with, suffer as a result of your negligence.

Your decision.
awake

Waynesboro, TN

#7697 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, your comment shows that you don't have the first idea how diseases work.
Second, there are people who through no fault of their own can not get vaccinated and yes, your ignorance is putting them at risk
Third, the ingredients ARE listed.
Fourth, sucrose is sugar, it's not a toxin
Fifth, you can't determine if something is a toxin without evaluating the dosage. If you take too much salt it will kill you. Is salt a toxin?
did they put the word menengitus in the ingredients when they infected and killed 75 people in tn. last year?
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7698 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been gone for YEARS. There was no corresponding change in autism rates. Therefore thimerosal is NOT responsible for autism.
<quoted text>
Likewise, create a national program of compulsory criminal prosecution of parents who fail to vaccinate if their child or any child who comes into contact with their child suffers from a preventable disease.
Uh. Wrong. It's no longer used as a "preservative" in "most" childhood vaccines, though it is still used in the manufacturing process.
Huge difference.
It remains in ro-gam, a whopping 50mcg per dose, given at 24 weeks gestation.
Flu vax, many others. You need to get past the headlines & actually read something.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7699 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyone there who has taken at least one year of High School English?
If you elect to have your children not get immunized, that's fine. You just won't be allowed to have them attend public schools and you'll be subject to criminal charges if they, or anyone they come in contact with, suffer as a result of your negligence.
Your decision.
I don't know about English, but I do know the LAW. There are exemptions available in all but 2 states.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7700 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thimerasol was never recalled. I've seen vials with thimerasol in the ingredient list as late as 2005.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7701 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we see polio as a huge problem everyone in the world still...
If by "everywhere" we mean the tiny little area in Pakistan controlled by the Taliban where no one has been vaccinated.
I guess them _not_ getting vaccinated has nothing to do with their getting polio because according to you the polio vaccine is what causes polio.
Which begs the question, why did they invent the vaccine if the disease didn't exist before the vaccine?
Bill Gates? India? 47,500 cases & climbing? Do you live in a vacuum?

The polio death rate was decreasing on its own before the vaccine was introduced, and there is no credible scientific evidence that the vaccine caused polio to disappear. Cases of polio increased after mass inoculations.

The CDC admitted that the vaccine has become the dominant cause of polio in the US, with 87% of cases between 1973 and 1983 caused by the vaccine.
More recently, 1980-1989, every case of polio in the US was caused by the oral vaccine. Doctors and scientists on the staff of the National Institute of Health during the 1950's were well aware that the Salk vaccine was ineffective and deadly. Some frankly stated that it was "worthless as a preventative and dangerous to take". The Salk "inactivated" or "killed-virus" was actually regulated to permit 5,000 live viruses per million doses.

A large vaccine trial in 1955 showed a total failure of the Salk vaccine to protect against poliomyelitis. During a 1959 epidemic in Massachusetts, 77.5% of the paralytic cases had received three or more doses of the inactivated vaccine.

In 1956 with the infamous Francis Field Trials they discovered large numbers of children contracted polio after receiving the vaccine. Instead of removing the vaccine from the market, they decided to exclude from the statistics all cases of polio that occurred within 30 days after vaccination on the pretext that such cases were "pre-existing".

In 1958 mass vaccination triggered a disastrous increase in polio, the highest being 700% in Ottawa, Canada. The highest incidence in the USA occurred in those states which had been induced to adopt compulsory polio shots.

In 1976, Dr. Jonas Salk, creator of the killed-virus vaccine used in the 1950s, testified that the live-virus vaccine (used almost exclusively in the U.S. from the early 1960s to 2000) was the ‘principal if not sole cause’ of all reported polio cases in the U.S. since 1961.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7702 May 18, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I've not seen a single Post with Salk's or Sabin's name on it, but I'm sure I will now!
Just like a TEA Bagger, they won't take responsibility for anything they do or say! They always blame it on somebody else.
Are you the lady from the IRS that admitted she's "bad at math"

?
Jimmy

Kostroma, Russia

#7703 May 18, 2013
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Gates? India? 47,500 cases & climbing? Do you live in a vacuum?
The polio death rate was decreasing on its own before the vaccine was introduced, and there is no credible scientific evidence that the vaccine caused polio to disappear. Cases of polio increased after mass inoculations.
The CDC admitted that the vaccine has become the dominant cause of polio in the US, with 87% of cases between 1973 and 1983 caused by the vaccine.
More recently, 1980-1989, every case of polio in the US was caused by the oral vaccine. Doctors and scientists on the staff of the National Institute of Health during the 1950's were well aware that the Salk vaccine was ineffective and deadly. Some frankly stated that it was "worthless as a preventative and dangerous to take". The Salk "inactivated" or "killed-virus" was actually regulated to permit 5,000 live viruses per million doses.
A large vaccine trial in 1955 showed a total failure of the Salk vaccine to protect against poliomyelitis. During a 1959 epidemic in Massachusetts, 77.5% of the paralytic cases had received three or more doses of the inactivated vaccine.
In 1956 with the infamous Francis Field Trials they discovered large numbers of children contracted polio after receiving the vaccine. Instead of removing the vaccine from the market, they decided to exclude from the statistics all cases of polio that occurred within 30 days after vaccination on the pretext that such cases were "pre-existing".
In 1958 mass vaccination triggered a disastrous increase in polio, the highest being 700% in Ottawa, Canada. The highest incidence in the USA occurred in those states which had been induced to adopt compulsory polio shots.
In 1976, Dr. Jonas Salk, creator of the killed-virus vaccine used in the 1950s, testified that the live-virus vaccine (used almost exclusively in the U.S. from the early 1960s to 2000) was the ‘principal if not sole cause’ of all reported polio cases in the U.S. since 1961.
Just what hat did you pull all of this out of?
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#7704 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does that explain the resurgence of measles, whooping cough, etc during the current internet driven vacc-scare you are promoting?
Did we all of the sudden completely loose sanitation and nutrition but just in areas where vaccinations have dropped?
AMAZING!
<quoted text>
1.25 BILLION people in India.
47,000 people is .003% of the population.
<quoted text>
Once again, we vaccinated the _ENTIRE_ US population.
If there were diseases caused by these vaccines, there would be a CLEAR and ENORMOUS spike in the data immediately following vaccination.
When you can simply redefine the parameters which are utilized to define a disease, the data won't exist.

Valley Village, CA

#7705 May 18, 2013
awake wrote:
<quoted text>did they put the word menengitus in the ingredients when they infected and killed 75 people in tn. last year?
There is no product which contains meningitis, intentional or otherwise.

Valley Village, CA

#7706 May 18, 2013
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can simply redefine the parameters which are utilized to define a disease, the data won't exist.
I see, so the LACK OF EVIDENCE is the evidence that everyone you know has polio because vaccines are fake.

That's why scarlet fever kills so many children each year, right?

If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, fine.

Just don't put that kid in public school and expect to go to jail if your kid dies, or if any other kid dies as a result of your negligence.
Dr Snow

Medellín, Colombia

#7707 May 18, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, so the LACK OF EVIDENCE is the evidence that everyone you know has polio because vaccines are fake.
That's why scarlet fever kills so many children each year, right?
If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, fine.
Just don't put that kid in public school and expect to go to jail if your kid dies, or if any other kid dies as a result of your negligence.
I expect you have solid evidence about what your saying?
justsoyouknow

Rowlett, TX

#7708 May 18, 2013
If you do not vaccinate your children and send them to school you are negligent. Really simple. I remember my grandparent' s stories about polio. Stop being stupid...please.
Let me guess

Cookeville, TN

#7709 May 18, 2013
So many solid educated responses.....AND SO MANY RIDICULOUS UNEDUCATED ONES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vietnam does not import tainted frozen berries ... Apr 10 KENIAQUYTGAOWISKY... 25
News Is there a link between the measles outbreak an... Mar '15 HILLAIRE Weirdo 392
News FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) Mar '15 DRAGOONS 7
News Health alert issued after Nanaimo Superstore em... Mar '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Vaccine pros and cons: Palmerton mother... Mar '15 anothervoice 76
News Australians get hepatitis A from Chinese berries Feb '15 Icepax Knight 1
Best dating and support community for Hepatitis Feb '15 Jim 2
More from around the web