Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9780 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7510 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck?
You are embarrassing yourself with this garbage.
Yeah, second rate actors acclaimed above their talent.

Care to refute what I said? Please, if you can then do it.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#7511 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! So that's what you meant. I can actually agree with this post, for the most part anyway.
However, the government you think we should all obey called us to duty, directed us to fight its war, and did this in your name among others. Yeah, we do fight for you, and we die for you as well. Have they been legitimate wars? I would say not, but that doesn't change one thing, Nuggin. If you wish to support this government, then you share in the blood it has shed on both sides, and I do believe one day you'll be called to answer for that blood, every last drop. Be thankful you won't be alone.
You are claiming that you fought for my freedom.

However, your fight was not for my freedom. Did you fight in Korea? That was a draw. No freedoms at risk.

Did you fight in Vietnam? We LOST Vietnam and yet... all the freedoms are still intact.

Did you fight in something after that? Not if you want to claim that the government asked you to fight.

So, exactly which freedoms were at risk? And why didn't we lose them when we failed to win those wars?

Los Angeles, CA

#7512 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, second rate actors acclaimed above their talent.
Care to refute what I said? Please, if you can then do it.
I don't need to refute it. I'm above it.

The reason I bring up Damon and Affleck is best they wrote and starred in "Good Will Hunting" ~15 years ago.

That film has a scene that demonstrates exactly what I'm seeing here. You are acting like a sophomore in college, high on a tidbit of learning and trying to impress people you think are beneath you.

Sadly, the arguments you are posing are EXACTLY the arguments being made by the douchebag in the film.

It's particularly sad.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7513 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the war of 1812 involve England invading and sacking out capital. It was the last significant threat we've faced to our "freedoms".
You did not fight off the Brits. You never fought for freedom.
I am fighting for freedom right now, and you are, and have been, fighting against it. You seek to strip people of rights, autonomy, and everything that makes a people free. You may not be British, you may not be French {1814}, and you may not be Mexican {1830's}, but you have set yourself against Freedom, and had the audacity to invite me to go to some other country?

What is funny is that I, and every military man and woman serves with the thought that we stand ready to guard the rights protected by the Constitution for each and every person, including you, even while you stab us in the back.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7514 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to refute it. I'm above it.
The reason I bring up Damon and Affleck is best they wrote and starred in "Good Will Hunting" ~15 years ago.
That film has a scene that demonstrates exactly what I'm seeing here. You are acting like a sophomore in college, high on a tidbit of learning and trying to impress people you think are beneath you.
Sadly, the arguments you are posing are EXACTLY the arguments being made by the douchebag in the film.
It's particularly sad.
You are admitting that your interpretations are based on a film? Here's one for you, "Life is pain, Princess, anyone that says different is selling something." - Princess Bride

My God, I can't even believe you said that.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7515 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
General off topic question here.
http://news.yahoo.com/did-imam-really-arabic-...
Is this for real or not? I can't seem to find this on any of the major news networks at all, only on Yahoo News and the Blaze sites.
Apologies for the off .... well, we've kinda been off topic for some time, haven't we? Well, apologies anyway.:-)
I'd like to know the answer to that myself. I don't believe anything I read on the Blaze, but I thought Yahoo was fairly reliable.

Los Angeles, CA

#7516 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fighting for freedom right now, and you are, and have been, fighting against it. You seek to strip people of rights, autonomy, and everything that makes a people free.
You don't want "freedom". You want anarchy.

You want to be "free" to endanger the lives of other citizens. No society can survive under those circumstances.

Being a part of a society means accepting the responsibilities that come along with the benefits.

In this case, the benefit is health and sanitation. The responsibilities are taxes and vaccination.

You are not "free" to reap the benefits and not take on the responsibilities. You are, however "free" to leave.

Los Angeles, CA

#7517 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
What is funny is that I, and every military man and woman serves with the thought that we stand ready to guard the rights protected by the Constitution for each and every person, including you, even while you stab us in the back.
Get over yourself.

At no point did you fight for freedom.

IF you were drafted, then you went because it was your responsibility to do so. And you have been compensated for that work.

That compensation does not include endless bitching about how you saved everyone from some non-existent threat to "freedom".

If you weren't draft, but rather volunteered to go, then you took a job for the pay and benefits. That is all. It may have been a bad decision in hindsight but tough crap.

Stop pretending you're a martyr to some higher cause. Freedom was NEVER at risk. Killing the child of some farmer in Vietnam did not "save" American freedom at all. It was totally irrelevant to everyone but the child and the person shooting him.

Los Angeles, CA

#7518 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You are admitting that your interpretations are based on a film?
No, I'm pointing out that even Damon and Affleck 15 years ago were tired of douchebags trotting out their rehashed claims that the civil war wasn't about slavery.

It highlights you as a pseudo-intellectual who doesn't honestly have a grasp of the history. You're a step above a high school student and you think you've reached the mountain top.

You haven't even started your climb.

The Civil War was about slavery. Trying to show it in any other context is like claiming that Iran 1 and 2 had nothing to do with oil. It isn't just the elephant in the room, it's a herd of elephants crammed into an elevator.

IF you continue your education you will _EVENTUALLY_ get to a point where you can see that. You aren't there yet.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7519 May 11, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself.
At no point did you fight for freedom.
IF you were drafted, then you went because it was your responsibility to do so. And you have been compensated for that work.
That compensation does not include endless bitching about how you saved everyone from some non-existent threat to "freedom".
If you weren't draft, but rather volunteered to go, then you took a job for the pay and benefits. That is all. It may have been a bad decision in hindsight but tough crap.
Stop pretending you're a martyr to some higher cause. Freedom was NEVER at risk. Killing the child of some farmer in Vietnam did not "save" American freedom at all. It was totally irrelevant to everyone but the child and the person shooting him.
You talk about me taking vaccines to protect you from getting what you took the vaccine for and you think it is none of my business about what GMOs might be in the food I eat because you say they said it's fine.I am to not know about food to save other people from starving,because if I won't buy GMOs because I don't know they are great,and I and others like me,will for sure put others at risk for dieing of starvation because Monsanto will go out of business and the world will parish.REALLY?
Was there a life before Big Agra,Big Pharma and Big Wind Bags?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7520 May 11, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want "freedom". You want anarchy.
You want to be "free" to endanger the lives of other citizens. No society can survive under those circumstances.
Being a part of a society means accepting the responsibilities that come along with the benefits.
In this case, the benefit is health and sanitation. The responsibilities are taxes and vaccination.
You are not "free" to reap the benefits and not take on the responsibilities. You are, however "free" to leave.
And you are desperately fighting for security and someone to care for you. You wrongly equate security with freedom. You have gladly traded away every shred of Liberty and Freedom for the false feeling of security. Real freedom isn't safe, it isn't security, it is uncertainty, it is risk, it is challenge, and it is sometimes scary.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7521 May 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know the answer to that myself. I don't believe anything I read on the Blaze, but I thought Yahoo was fairly reliable.
Yeah, I put The Blaze, Move On, and Prison Planet all on the same level; vet and verify before taking it seriously, and always avoid using them as source material.

So far the MSM seems to be as quiet about this as it is about Kermit Gosnell and Benghazi {among others}. Let's all keep looking and maybe we'll find out.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7522 May 11, 2013
Hey wrote:
Was there a life before Big Agra,Big Pharma and Big Wind Bags?
Yes, but it was boring.

LOL
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7523 May 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this makes complete sense.You must be in one big dilema.Both Yahoo and the Blaze have the same article but you can't believe the Blaze article but you might be fairly sure about reading the same thing on Yahoo.
This source or that source.To be or not to be.That is the question.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7524 May 11, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pointing out that even Damon and Affleck 15 years ago were tired of douchebags trotting out their rehashed claims that the civil war wasn't about slavery.
It highlights you as a pseudo-intellectual who doesn't honestly have a grasp of the history. You're a step above a high school student and you think you've reached the mountain top.
You haven't even started your climb.
The Civil War was about slavery. Trying to show it in any other context is like claiming that Iran 1 and 2 had nothing to do with oil. It isn't just the elephant in the room, it's a herd of elephants crammed into an elevator.
IF you continue your education you will _EVENTUALLY_ get to a point where you can see that. You aren't there yet.
I've presented verifiable events to support what I've said, now it is your turn. You've made the claims, now back them up. Show us all that slavery was more than handy propaganda in the War Between the States. Show us all that the sovereignty of the individual and separate states was the same after that war as before. Show us all how the Northern states all freed their slaves prior to 1859 when South Carolina declared their independence.

The floor is yours, the challenge is set. Bring it on.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7525 May 11, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this makes complete sense.You must be in one big dilema.Both Yahoo and the Blaze have the same article but you can't believe the Blaze article but you might be fairly sure about reading the same thing on Yahoo.
This source or that source.To be or not to be.That is the question.
No, what I really like to know is if Yahoo reprinted the Blaze Article without verifying the truthfulness of it, first?
If they did, their Articles are not reliable , either.
But, if they checked it out and found it to be true, it would change my opinion of the Blaze, somewhat...in that I wouldn't consider ALL of their information, trash...just most of it until I saw more proof of their truthfulness.
Just be glad I'm willing to give the Blaze the benefit of a doubt, until I know differently and you have no idea how big of a step that is, as far as My opinion of it is concerned.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7526 May 11, 2013
Actually I trust Alex Jones and some others before I would MSM.MSM is a mouth piece for Big Corps and Big Government Control.MSM are corporate owned media and you will hear from them what they want you to hear,what benefits them.
I think Alex can be overly dramatic at times but I prefer where most of his values lie then what backs the other sources.
He has more credibility then this Government or Big Pharma,Big Agra.
He is for individual freedom and choice.
I certainly use my own thinking on what I hear and check out lots of places to get what is true.
A person can't make good choices on bad information.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7527 May 11, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling bullshit on this.
There has not be a legitimate threat to the US since 1812.
No war you could possible have fought in has anything to do with my freedoms.
Iraq 1 or 2? Afghanistan? Panama? Grenada? Vietnam? Korea? None of these represented real threats which extended past their borders. Certainly no threat to the US.
If you go back as far as WWII, you can find some bigger players - but even then, no real risk to us. Even if we had sat it out, Germany wouldn't have beat Russia.
So that leaves who? Japan? Laughable. They were hard to beat into submission when they were defending to the last man, but they certainly were no threat to our freedoms.
Only in your wildest dreams can you come up with a scenario that involves Japan taking a single city in California, and even then they couldn't hold it.
So, here you are telling me you fought for MY freedoms. No. You fought (if you fought) for a paycheck and benefits. That's all.
It sounds as if you believe all these wars we fought in and started have been basically bogus.
If these countries were not risks or threats then those who fought were used for what purpose? The people were told it was a must to go protect our country, our freedoms, not for other things, like maybe oil.
Might you be saying that these people who are telling you that the wars were justified are the same ones who say vaccines are to protect you,not for profit, GMOs are to keep people from starving,not fo Monsanto's controll and of course big campaign cash for helping out our buddies?Fluoride is to protect your teeth, not possibly to serve the purpose the the Nazis used it for, to make the prisomers in the camps docile.
It sounds like you do not trust those you are trusting.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7528 May 11, 2013
Hey wrote:
Actually I trust Alex Jones and some others before I would MSM.MSM is a mouth piece for Big Corps and Big Government Control.MSM are corporate owned media and you will hear from them what they want you to hear,what benefits them.
I think Alex can be overly dramatic at times but I prefer where most of his values lie then what backs the other sources.
He has more credibility then this Government or Big Pharma,Big Agra.
He is for individual freedom and choice.
I certainly use my own thinking on what I hear and check out lots of places to get what is true.
A person can't make good choices on bad information.
I don't cite Alex because there are many who turn off immediately at the mention of his name. I figure the truth is more important, so I track down his documentation for myself, and present that to people. Truth is, it is up to each one of us to determine what we're going to believe, and what we're going to disbelieve for ourselves. If someone wants to get their information from talk shows, movies, and Oprah, that is their choice. Those who blindly accept what media and government schools shovel out will find themselves shaped by those sources.

I can pretty well guarantee that Nuggin has never watched "Maafa 21" {Maafa is a Kiswahili word meaning holocaust}. I highly recommend it to all, and I think it can still be found online.
Hey

Crossville, TN

#7529 May 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what I really like to know is if Yahoo reprinted the Blaze Article without verifying the truthfulness of it, first?
If they did, their Articles are not reliable , either.
But, if they checked it out and found it to be true, it would change my opinion of the Blaze, somewhat...in that I wouldn't consider ALL of their information, trash...just most of it until I saw more proof of their truthfulness.
Just be glad I'm willing to give the Blaze the benefit of a doubt, until I know differently and you have no idea how big of a step that is, as far as My opinion of it is concerned.
WOW.I am to be glad that the Topix Queen might honor the Blaze a teensee, weensee itsee, bitsee?
Oh Praise the Lord the Topix Queen has spoken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hepatitis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay men can now donate blood three months after... Jul 24 Darby 4
Rebuttal over Cochrane Review of DAAs-What is t... Jul '17 hcvnewdrugs 1
News Scientific Evidence and the EU Court Jul '17 VAERS NVICP 1
The Liver - Super Foods & Supplements Jun '17 hcvnewdrugs 1
News EU court: Vaccines can be blamed for illnesses ... Jun '17 RIGHT ON 2
News Burlington dental patients told to get tested f... Jun '17 Lenny 1
News The opioid epidemic is making the fight against... Jun '17 Ronald 2
More from around the web