Peter Vanderzet

Pickering, Canada

#1 Feb 21, 2011
I have been running to the emergency dept with chest pains for 6 months chest left arm the whole packgage. After seeing three Cardio doc had 2 cat scans 2 ultra sounds 2 angiograms 6 months appart
Stress tests bone marrow sample about 6 emerge docters. All normal My Fam doc suggested to do a uppper GI and it came back acid reflux.
So all the pils i was taking only made things worse.
I went to see a natrophatic doc he sugested a blood test for H Pylori positve on antibiotics 4th day in I felt realy ill bloating burping pain but day 5 it was like a whole new world for me flatt belly no pain and no nausia in the morning like i had for over 3 years. I have one more week and i will stay on the antibiotic to make sure its gone.
So if anyone out there has chest pain like i did and heart is ruled out check your H Pylori you will be happy you did
Peter if you want more imfor feel free to email me pvande5607@rogers.com

Since: Jul 09

Baker, LA

#2 Feb 21, 2011
Peter, this is the same thing that happened to me, except I never went to the emergency room, but many times felt like I should have. I had to research my symtoms online and felt like I may have H. Pylori. I went back to the doctor and ask him to do a blood test for it. He did and it came back positive. He then did a gastroscope to confirm it and said my stomach was completely red and raw. I feel like I had the H. Pylori for a year or longer. I took the PrevPac, which is no fun. It made me as sick as the disease, but I knew that I had to stick with it. I took it for 14 days and it really made me sick. It took me another two weeks to get over the treatment, but it was all worth it. H. Pylori doesn't only affect your stomach. It dries out your skin and hair very bad and very noticeable. Many times I felt like I was having a heart attack, the pain was so bad through to my back and into my arms. The bloating and nausea was also very bad. Anybody that is having these symtoms and cannot get over them, please ask your doctor to do a H. Pylori test and suffer through the treatment, you will be glad that you did.
Pamela

Myrtle Beach, SC

#3 Feb 21, 2011
I am having the same symptoms, the medication is terrible. I tried but I had to stop because I suffered from a stroke several years ago-- so my doctor took me off the antibotics. Now, my stom,ache is raw, hurt to touch. they put me on steroids but, it's not doing anything. I am also having blood in my stool. I feel aweful. Went to heath food store got Mastic Gum been taking now for 2 weeks-- feel better along with a Probotic, vitamin D,E and magnesium. I have to do this for 60 days. I will let you know what happens. I found out that mystic gum kills the hpv virus.
Colleen

Clearfield, UT

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Dear Peter & Frenchlady,
Yes!!!!! I totally agree with both of you.(My "Yes!!" is not that I am happy you are sick - it just makes me feel not so alone to hear others stories). This is exactly what happened to me, also. It does feel like you are having a heart attack and anxiety attack all rolled into one great big ill episode. I ended up in the instant care thinking I was for sure having a heart attack.
H Pilori causes SO many other symptoms that the doctors don't always tell you about.
Be careful to watch out for Bacteria A Overgrowth. This can happen after taking a long or large dose of antibiotics. If you start feeling ill again, then ask for a Bacteria A Overgrowth breath test. Oddly enough you have to take antibiotics again to kill it, but I am taking lots of probiotics now to counter act it.
Good luck.
Colleen
Peter Vanderzet wrote:
I have been running to the emergency dept with chest pains for 6 months chest left arm the whole packgage. After seeing three Cardio doc had 2 cat scans 2 ultra sounds 2 angiograms 6 months appart
Stress tests bone marrow sample about 6 emerge docters. All normal My Fam doc suggested to do a uppper GI and it came back acid reflux.
So all the pils i was taking only made things worse.
I went to see a natrophatic doc he sugested a blood test for H Pylori positve on antibiotics 4th day in I felt realy ill bloating burping pain but day 5 it was like a whole new world for me flatt belly no pain and no nausia in the morning like i had for over 3 years. I have one more week and i will stay on the antibiotic to make sure its gone.
So if anyone out there has chest pain like i did and heart is ruled out check your H Pylori you will be happy you did
Peter if you want more imfor feel free to email me pvande5607@rogers.com
lorraine

Ireland

#5 Mar 20, 2011
hey im after been on my antibiotics for 10 days and now all my symptoms are back again.!!!!!!!
joanne

Batley, UK

#6 Mar 25, 2013
Hi to all, I was treated with a tripple therapy treatment last november for h.pylori but after a week all symptoms returned so after many more trips to the doctors they sent another stool sample for testing yet once again it come back positive so in january I was on another tripple therapy treatment, I still have discomfort but not as bad since I have been eating a 500g probiotic yoghurt a day but still im not sure im getting enough good bacteria as I should be.I have been so miserable for the past 7 months and just wish I could get back to living a normal life, one of my symptoms is a constant hunger pain even after a meal.
Lynette

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Mar 27, 2013
joanne wrote:
Hi to all, I was treated with a tripple therapy treatment last november for h.pylori but after a week all symptoms returned so after many more trips to the doctors they sent another stool sample for testing yet once again it come back positive so in january I was on another tripple therapy treatment, I still have discomfort but not as bad since I have been eating a 500g probiotic yoghurt a day but still im not sure im getting enough good bacteria as I should be.I have been so miserable for the past 7 months and just wish I could get back to living a normal life, one of my symptoms is a constant hunger pain even after a meal.
- Hi Joanne, how r u? Hope your feeling better. I remember having that hunger feeling as well. Continue with your probiotics, i took probiotic supplements, it helped me alot. Im continuing them even after my treatment. Did you say u were still on treatment or are you finished? Make sure you take your meds on schedule, don't miss any doses. I did 14 days. Are u doing 14 or 10 again? Look forward to hearing from you.
Lynette

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Mar 27, 2013
joanne wrote:
sorry! That wasn't your post talking about 10 days but how long did you stay on treatment?
Bella

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Sep 11, 2013
Hi I have h pylori and my story is: I had jaw surgery and for two month I couldn't eat so I only ate milk things, after two month I'm not stopping to complain that my stomach kills me, my chest pulls me, my head hurts me, and my body feels weak, I don't want to eat because I don't have the appetite to eat! I was in the emergency room 2 times 20 doctors and finally one doctor told me it might be h pylori! I did the bag test and it came back positive. I was so happy that finally somebody is telling me that something is wrong with me and not that I'm crazy! I started to take the medication and i stopped because it wasn't good for me! So my doctor told me to see a GI doctor and next week I'm going to make tests and start medacation again! Im 19 years old and I'm freaking out ! I'm so afraid because it makes me sick every day I think okay maybe tomorrow I will wake up and say what a dream I had..... But no every day I wake up all my pain are there and I feel so down and depressed! If you can give me courage to tell me that everything will be okay and how you fighter h pylori please email me @ heysup.gk@gmail.com thanks
Bella

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 11, 2013
Hi I have h pylori and my story is: I had jaw surgery and for two month I couldn't eat so I only ate milk things, after two month I'm not stopping to complain that my stomach kills me, my chest pulls me, my head hurts me, and my body feels weak, I don't want to eat because I don't have the appetite to eat! I was in the emergency room 2 times 20 doctors and finally one doctor told me it might be h pylori! I did the bag test and it came back positive. I was so happy that finally somebody is telling me that something is wrong with me and not that I'm crazy! I started to take the medication and i stopped because it wasn't good for me! So my doctor told me to see a GI doctor and next week I'm going to make tests and start medacation again! Im 19 years old and I'm freaking out ! I'm so afraid because it makes me sick every day I think okay maybe tomorrow I will wake up and say what a dream I had..... But no every day I wake up all my pain are there and I feel so down and depressed! If you can give me courage to tell me that everything will be okay and how you fight h pylori please email me @ heysup.gk@gmail.com thanks

Since: May 13

Evansville, IN

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Bella wrote:
Hi I have h pylori and my story is: I had jaw surgery and for two month I couldn't eat so I only ate milk things, after two month I'm not stopping to complain that my stomach kills me, my chest pulls me, my head hurts me, and my body feels weak, I don't want to eat because I don't have the appetite to eat! I was in the emergency room 2 times 20 doctors and finally one doctor told me it might be h pylori! I did the bag test and it came back positive. I was so happy that finally somebody is telling me that something is wrong with me and not that I'm crazy! I started to take the medication and i stopped because it wasn't good for me! So my doctor told me to see a GI doctor and next week I'm going to make tests and start medacation again! Im 19 years old and I'm freaking out ! I'm so afraid because it makes me sick every day I think okay maybe tomorrow I will wake up and say what a dream I had..... But no every day I wake up all my pain are there and I feel so down and depressed! If you can give me courage to tell me that everything will be okay and how you fight h pylori please email me @ heysup.gk@gmail.com thanks
I know its a scary Process. Don't be scared and make sure to take a Probiotic. You are so Young to be going thru this I understand how you feel. Please go to After Hpylori Eradication I know my friends can help you out. Don't think your Crazy either. This is an awful bug and you need to Eradicate it. God Bless you Lil One. I feel your Pain.God will be there to help you.
Mike

Joliet, IL

#13 May 14, 2015
My mom has H pylori and she's taking the medicine that the doctor gave her but she feels terrible!! Is this normal?! PLEASE !!!

Since: May 13

Avon, IN

#14 May 15, 2015
Mike wrote:
My mom has H pylori and she's taking the medicine that the doctor gave her but she feels terrible!! Is this normal?! PLEASE !!!
Yes Mike, It gets worse before it gets better. Just support her and give it some time. Take a look thru forum there are many useful tips here. Good luck and God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helicobacter Pylori Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) Mon Tracy 6,774
Overcoming H Pylori - A story (Oct '11) Sun Ayesha 121
H Pylori symptoms (Sep '07) Sun anthony w 610
H pylori and rapid weight loss Jun 23 jahtmf 2
A guide to taking Pylera from someone on the fr... (Apr '13) Jun 22 bubula 13
H pylori? So much pain! Jun 20 Bambi 5
Is chest pain a symptom of H. Pylori? (Sep '11) Jun 20 Roy 31
Mastic gum side effects (Apr '07) May '15 dips 2,486
More from around the web