|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

KassyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan, I know this question is way late but I just joined this forum.Are you really taking Mastic gum for gastroparesis? This is rather surprising to hear since mastic gum has actually destroyed MY life by damaging my stomach making my gastritis worst and I am now having symptoms of gastroparesis.My food stays really long to digest and empty since taking mastic. I regret it so much. I am shocked to hear you say that it is helping with your gastroparesis. So are you emptying better now? Please let me know.
Kassy. I need to know what brand u used please

Since: Oct 11

Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

chubby wrote:
if you are h.pylori negative, drink fermented unripe plantain, it il heal your ulcer, it is stinky but it coats the ulcer area and supplies it with biflavonoids. to get maximum healing, take it wlth fermented cabbage juice, cabbage has gluthamine which speeds up mucosal healing and lactosebacilli. contact me at onuchukwuchubby@yahoo.com
Yes this is true people. I tried them both and they work really great but because I had the stupid h pylori my still my symptoms would flare back up for a while. They work very fast too. Had I gotten rid of the h pylori first when i used them I would have been fine today

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

gastro wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the Jarrow brand , but in my view mastic is dangerous and very risky to use and brand does not even matter, so if you want my advice don't use it, but that's entirely up to you in the end to make the decision. If you h pylori, try the antibiotics if you can tolerate them and after getting rid of it use the fermented green plantain or fresh cabbage juice or even the fermented cabbage juice, but it seems that the fresh cabbage juice works faster.All the best to you.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

gastro wrote:
<quoted text>
read my posts and you will see what mastic gum did to me. It also messed up my kidneys. So please consider hard.
gastro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

I read hundreds of commments in this forum and found that a handful of of people had an allergic reaction to the mastic. I will steer away from it for now. I would hate to end up worst off than I am right now. For example some people are allergic to nuts. Currently my doctor put me on carafate which is a perscription only medicine. It coats the ulcer and allows it to heal. He told me an ulcer can take 3 months to heal. My gastro doc told me if u kill h pylori u will have increased acid reflux. I have a friend that took antibiotics for his ulcer which is now healedBUT now he tells me he wakes up in the middle of the night puking yellow acids with a stinging sensation. I don't want to end up like that because right now I am sleeping fine thank god. To be continued...
gastro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Also if u research, h pylori is naturally a part of our stomache flora. My gastro doc says 80 percent of people have it but only a few have symptoms from it while it teams up with high amounts of free radicals from oxidative stress causing the mucus in the lining of your stomache to decrease. Antibiotics will then destroy good bacteria needed by your stomache to perform certain functions which take months to re develope. I am no scientist so these theories may be wrong. BUT. I ordered some extra virgin pine nut oil. They say it destroys the free radicals allowing u to heal. If u are allergic to nuts, do not consume. Also if u have pain try about 350 milligrams of l glutamine powder mixed with water and u will have relief. Also no spicy foods no dairy no greasy foods ,fried foods, no table salt trust me, no ensure or boost because of ascorbic acid no enzymes with HCI (hydrochloric acid) no yogurt no citrus fruits or tomatoes no pepper. Add vitamin e from aloe vera juice preferrably the distilled kind with no citric acid . It tastes like water . Add vitamin a emulsion poke a hole in the softgel and sqeeze the oil out into some almond milk. Softgels release more stomache acids to digest.to be continued...
gastro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Also no vitamin c pills they are linked to ulcers as well. Duh a rock of ascorbic acid...last but not least I had a damn hiatal hernia as well. this is when the upper part of your stomache pushes up into your chest leaving your lower esophagal sphicter stuck open causing reflux. I could not sleep for 15 days I had to rest sitting upright and could not lay down without acids shooting into my esophagus. Was the worst thing ever along with gastritis I almost took the gun to my head but remained strong.I had a 1inch diameter lump in my solrplexus this is how u know. I got rid of it by quiting my job and drinking a glass of water and jump roping the gravity will pull your stomache back downward into the normal position. U can also get the hiatal hernia from heavy exertion and screaming with your mouth closed from stress. I had to eat standing up and I could not even drive a car because of the reflux. But god has given me another chance at life. Crazy story but its true. Until next time...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

gastro wrote:
I read hundreds of commments in this forum and found that a handful of of people had an allergic reaction to the mastic. I will steer away from it for now. I would hate to end up worst off than I am right now. For example some people are allergic to nuts. Currently my doctor put me on carafate which is a perscription only medicine. It coats the ulcer and allows it to heal. He told me an ulcer can take 3 months to heal. My gastro doc told me if u kill h pylori u will have increased acid reflux. I have a friend that took antibiotics for his ulcer which is now healedBUT now he tells me he wakes up in the middle of the night puking yellow acids with a stinging sensation. I don't want to end up like that because right now I am sleeping fine thank god. To be continued...
Yes, it is better to steer clear of the mastic gum. Do you still have h pylori or is it just the ulcer? Well try drinking at least a quart of fresh cabbage juice daily before meals. Or you can use fermented green plantains. These heal the ulcers faster and if you use acid reducers for about a month while drinking the caabage juice etc, it gives the ulcer an even better chance of healing. All the best to you. Do not even think of mastic gum especially if you say you also have gastritis along with the ulcers. It will irritate your stomach more as mastic gum causes SEVERE and I do mean SEVERE pain in some persons.
Frank

Candia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

KassyS, you are dangerously ignorant. Please, stop spewing your pro-antibiotic nonsense here. I know who you are and you are related to the medical community- find another board to pollute. NOW. You are ruining this board.

If I had the time I'd go through EVERY post you've made- every single one has had dangerous information for anyone with gastritis, an ulcer or h pylori infection.
Frank

Candia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Gastro: In clinical trials, A dose of vitamin C of 5 grams daily for 4 weeks was found to significantly inhibit H Pylori. Most of your information has been less than informed as well.

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Frank wrote:
KassyS, you are dangerously ignorant. Please, stop spewing your pro-antibiotic nonsense here. I know who you are and you are related to the medical community- find another board to pollute. NOW. You are ruining this board.
If I had the time I'd go through EVERY post you've made- every single one has had dangerous information for anyone with gastritis, an ulcer or h pylori infection.
No you do not know who I am. I am someone whose life has been destroyed because I used mastic gum. If you took the time to read you will see what it has caused me. Don't you dare tell me that I am ignorant. This is my life and my experience with using the product. If you think I am related to the medical community, why would I recommend using plantain and cabbage juice. Is it likely that the medical community would do something like that. By the way you are perhaps related to the mastic gum manufacturing or resellers community. So get a grip and shut up. If you do not like my posts then don't take my advice, but do not tell me I am ignorant and to go away. Everyone here who supports mastic is free to make their arguments. likewise I am free to make my arguments against it based on my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with the product. There are others out there who have also have very bad experiences with it as well. It might be a few compared to those who have had good results but the fact is that they DO exist. Just like anti-biotics have had bad effects on some, the mastic gum has had bad effects on some as well. If you notice when I encourage persons to use the anti-biotics I tell them once they can tolerate it to continue using it. It is up to them if they want to use mastic gum still.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Frank wrote:
Gastro: In clinical trials, A dose of vitamin C of 5 grams daily for 4 weeks was found to significantly inhibit H Pylori. Most of your information has been less than informed as well.
Did you participate in these clinical trials? Were you there? By the way inhibits does not mean eradicate! The goal is to eradicate and not INHIBIT h pylori. Some people when they have gastritis cannot use vitamin c either because it will irritate the stomach lining. I do hope you realize that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Judged:

Frank wrote:
You know what you are right to say that I am "dangerously ignorant" because only someone who is dangerously ignorant will go online an buy some product and treat themselves for a medical condition with a product they hardly know anything about. Anyone can come online and give a dishonest review about a product to help them sell the product. So it is not safe or smart to buy these products and put them into your body based on online reviews. That Mr. is DANGEROUS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

when in doubt, do without-take this approach to mastic gum and any other situation in life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/content/52/3/52...

For those persons researching mastic see the link. This should help you decide mastic vs antibiotic.

In fact antibiotics have a proven 80-90% cure rate for triple and quadruple therapy respectively while mastic has no solid research on % cure rate. Go with the trusted source and help your stomach stay safe from the dangers of mastic. This is for all the researchers on mastic who are considering using it but wondering if it is safe and effective.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

http://www.dickblick.com/products/sennelier-m...

Mastic is used in varnish and other industrial type products. For the new persons considering trying mastic, consider if you should put something found in varnish into your bodies. NO! enough human trials have not been done on mastic. People tried it and it worked for some, but not for others and had disastrous consequences for me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

check this you tube video outlining side effects. Notice SEVERE PAIN being one of them. Wish this was on you tube before I messed up my life with mastic.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

A study was conducted by University of Nottingham in 1998 saying mastic was effective against h pylori and it appeared in the New England Journal of Medicine, but yet in 2003 another study by this same University concluded that it had no effect on h pylori.This goes to show that the so-called research on mastic is baseless, factless and certainly not trustworthy. Antibiotics have been PROVEN to work and are safe for most people. Newbies, please stick to the trusted source.
Frank

Manchester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

The study you mention was of 8 people for two weeks - anyone reading this forum knows that it takes two MONTHS to get rid of h pylori with mastic gum alone. The study was done by men involved in the pharmaceuticals business - which should sound really familiar to you!

As for your other disingenuous links - one is from a competitor to mastic gum - Matula Tea, which outrageously expensive and no as successful as Mastic gum - but which does apparently help. The other link is cool, it's a wonderful website for art materials.

Mastica is the resin obtained from the Pistacia lentiscus tree (an evergreen shrub from the pistachio tree family) which is grown on the island of Chios in Greece. It has been used for a variety of gastric ailments in Mediterranean and Mideast countries for at least 3,000 years - it has been traditionally used as a health food in Greece.

Kassy, you are by your own admission in this forum, 100 pounds overweight. That's not a laughing matter, and I know it's not an easy thing. However, you need to focus on YOU and get back on track with your life. Mastic gum isn't what ruined your life and isn't your enemy. H pylori might well be still in your system. So go take your meds - whatever flavor you choose - and stop preventing others from feeling better.

I just started taking mastic gum for an ulcer and h pylori and it has turned my life around, thank God.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Judged:

Frank wrote:
The study you mention was of 8 people for two weeks - anyone reading this forum knows that it takes two MONTHS to get rid of h pylori with mastic gum alone. The study was done by men involved in the pharmaceuticals business - which should sound really familiar to you!
As for your other disingenuous links - one is from a competitor to mastic gum - Matula Tea, which outrageously expensive and no as successful as Mastic gum - but which does apparently help. The other link is cool, it's a wonderful website for art materials.
Mastica is the resin obtained from the Pistacia lentiscus tree (an evergreen shrub from the pistachio tree family) which is grown on the island of Chios in Greece. It has been used for a variety of gastric ailments in Mediterranean and Mideast countries for at least 3,000 years - it has been traditionally used as a health food in Greece.
Kassy, you are by your own admission in this forum, 100 pounds overweight. That's not a laughing matter, and I know it's not an easy thing. However, you need to focus on YOU and get back on track with your life. Mastic gum isn't what ruined your life and isn't your enemy. H pylori might well be still in your system. So go take your meds - whatever flavor you choose - and stop preventing others from feeling better.
I just started taking mastic gum for an ulcer and h pylori and it has turned my life around, thank God.
Mastic gum did ruin my life. I was fine before I took it. The antibiotics never would have done that to me. PEOPLE this guy is from Jarrows and he is doing damage control. DO NOT USE MASTIC. NEW FOLKS it is not safe! IT IS HARMFUL. DO NOT USE SOMETHING YOU HARDLY HAVE ANY FACTS ON AND OUT IT IN YOUR STOMACH. BE WARNED PEOPLE. LEAVE MASTIC ALONE. FRANK YOU ARE FROM JARROWS AND YOU HAVE NO ULCERS OR H PYLORI.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Helicobacter Pylori Forum right now

Search the Helicobacter Pylori Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) 23 hr Larry 6,595
H Pylori = Bad Breath? (Aug '08) Tue Lala 279
The best Anti H.pylori remedies (Oct '10) Mon John 143
After H. Pylori Eradication. Bad bacteria over... (Dec '11) Aug 17 Ktmqt 15
After H Pylori Eradication - Is this normal? Aug 15 Joseph Jr 2
My Experience With Matula Tea Pt2 (Apr '10) Aug 15 mrahmandu 227
Helicobacter Pylori and back pain (Mar '13) Aug 12 Kim K 54
•••
•••