Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Judged:

I too have been taking the Mastic Gum capsules for 23 days now. I was diagnosed with H.pylori bacteria one month ago. I could not take the antibiotics as I do not do well with medication, so I did research and decided to go with the Mastic Gum. I plan to go a full 60 day treatment as I think I have a pretty good "tribe" of H. pylori living in my stomach lining. So, after 23 days, I feel much better, the pain in my stomach after eating is virtually gone. I believe I have developed an ulcer from the bacteria or the beginning of one because of the symptoms. The only problem I have is I cannot gain back the weight I lost and I am avoiding a lot of carbs because they always bring me pain. So, my biggest problem is gaining wight. I should weigh around 125 and I weight 105. I am holding at that weight, but I am tall and that makes me very skinny. It is really hard to gain weight, anyone have any suggestions?
I think the Mastic Gum is working, although I do feel tired in the afternoon, that could be because my body is throwing off the bacteria.
I will be tested in 60 days and will certainly let everyone know the results. I just pray they say the creature is gone!
Dodie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

Lily wrote:
I also have H. Pylori and have been feeling very unwell.
I have numerous allergies to antibiotics which makes the triple treatment out of the qustion for me.
I tried Mastic Gum for the first time a couple of days ago and felt very sick indeed. About an hour or so after taking it , i felt extremly nauseous and very tired for the rest of the day.
Has anyone else experienced this? I was very disappointed as I was hoping that this would be something natural which i could actually take.
I had this same experience, but worse. Not nauseous, but extreme pain. I laid down with a heating pad on all day. I started taking zantac along with it, and in 48 hours I was almost pain free. I can finally eat more than 5 bites at a time and no longer vomit on an empty stomach. Still tired, though. I think an OTC acid reducer helps while it clears things out.
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

I am a few days away from taking Mastic Gum treatment for H.pylori for 60 days. I have had no side effects at all. The benefits are that my pain is gone in my stomach (I think I had a ulcer beginning). My energy is back full force and I feel great. I will be tested around June 15th and will let you know if the Mastic Gum worked. If it didn't I will try the tea that has been recommended. One thing that I did with the Mastic Gum is to take good priobotics too, that may help. The one thing I noticed about 40 days into the treatment was a horrible metalic taste in my mouth. I read up on what can cause it and it is common when people take antibiotics and the bacteria dies, it is flushed out of the body through the tongue sometimes. So, I talked to a Alternative Health doctor and asked if the Mastic Gum could work the same way and he said absolutely, so hopefully it was the bacteria dying. I have had it happen two more times although the first lasted 3-4 days the others were a day or so. I just brushed my tongue a couple of times a day. Another good thing that may be happening. I read a scientific report that atrial fibrilation is possibly caused by the H.pylori bacteria and I have had AFIB since 2005 with episodes every two months. I have not had an episode in almost 5 months now. I should have had one right around the time I started the Mastic Gum treatment, so I am also hopeing that the inflammation from the H.pylor may be the cause of my afib. We will see. I will certainly let everyone know. I'm sorry you had side effects as Sharon
Stacy Potter

Clovis, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2009

Has anybody heard or tried the Manuka Honey?? I've been researching it also, I need to decide what I am going to try..just can't handle the antibiotics..Any feedback is appreciated..Thanks
Bambino

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

I killed my H pylori taking mastic gum (1000 mg a day) and Sulforaphane (1000 mcg per day). Now I am taking manuka honey and drinking cabbage juice to heal the ulcer. Ofcourse I am taking probiotics every day. This combo worked great for me. I was hospitalized before twice and took antibiotics like 8 pills per day and nothing helped until I tried these natural remedies. I stopped feeling my ulcer burning 3 days after I drank cabbage juice. Really amazing!(but yes you need to get a juicer and make cabbage juice yourself!)
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Bambino, what great news. I just finished a 60 day treatment with Mastic Gum and priobotics and will get my results next week. I am not familiar with the Sulforaphane and that was not recommended so I hope it is not something I should have been taking along with the MG. I heard that cabbage juice is good for the stomach, but I am not sure I would like the taste as I am not crazy about cabbage. I think I had the beginning of an ulcer, but not full blown and the Mastic Gum sure helped that as I was without pain in just a few days after starting it.
Memphisbelle130

Waynesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

I was told last week I had too much H pylori. I came home and reasearched it. I wasn't surprised in the least.
The doctor called in a prescription my insurance didn't cover, which was $416.00. I said no. Then she called in two antibiotics (I am allergic to both of them, as it says in my chart), and Previcid. Insurance didn't cover any of those either, and I wouldn't have taken them anyway. After some research, I went to the store to get pine nut oil. They gave me the mastic gum instead. I am on my third day, but not much help yet. I'm hoping it'll get better very soon.
I have a major problem with prescribed drugs. Side effects are worse for me than the illnesses, and doctors don't seem to care how sick their "remedy" makes me, but they sure like the money, don't they? I'm so glad we have a choice.
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2009

Judged:

I was diagnosed with H.Pylori almost three months ago and just like Memphisbelle I could not take the antibiotics so I researched and decided on the Mastica Gum treatment. My doctor was not happy with my decision, but agreed that when I finished the treatment, he would do a stool test. I took the supplement for 60 days, I took one every 12 hours along with a good priobotic. I also considered the Pine Nut Oil, but it didn't seem to encourage killing the H.Pylori. Nothing happened right away, I kept losing weight and really felt horrible and still had a lot of pain. But, I hung in there. One day I woke up and had this horrible metallic taste in my mouth. That scared me until I started researching it and found that when the H.Pylori bacteria dies it is flushed out and often ends up on the back of the tongue and it has a metallic taste when it dies. I asked the local health food professional if it could be the Mastica Gum killing the bacteria. He said absolutely! He told me to use a tongue scraper and scrape my tongue daily, which I did. Well, the metallic taste went away, but in about 10 days it showed up again, so I followed the same procedure. One day I realized that I had no more pain and I actually had some energy. I still wasn't gaining any weight but I could eat things that didn't hurt me.
Well, long story short... when my sixty days were up I went for the stool test and then I went on vacation for a week. I just got back and the doctors office had called. I went over to the office and the nurse sat down with me and showed me the test...It was NEGATIVE! The Mastica Gum had killed the H.Pylori.
So, Memphisbelle, don't give up. It takes time. I had made up my mind that if 60 days didn't do it I would try it again. I talked with the company that makes the Mastica Gum and they said to wait 60 days, then take it for another 30 days then take it only 30 days a year from then on. That is my plans. I am one happy, feeling good woman and I have gained back 5 pounds! Please keep going, hopefully you will have the same results I did. I will say that I don't eat any foods that are pre-packaged, I eat all whole foods and no gluten products so that may also figure into the equation for healing. Sharon
Cyd

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

I have an ulcer cause by H Pylori. I was devestated when I found out about 1 1/2 year ago. Since I tend to live a drug free and organic life. I never smoked. I don't eat meat only fish. so I wanted to find a natural cure.

I have been taking:
GI-Revive by Design For Life
Mastica by Allergy Research Group (Chios Gum Mastic)
Allicillin Pro by Design For Life
Fresh organic Cabbage juice

I did this regiment everyday for 3 months. And I felt GREAT! All my symptons were gone! I thought my ulcer was healed. Then just recently I have been having more flair ups. All the painful symptoms, abdomen pain, vomiting, backaches, sleepless nights, agony, etc...

I read that MATULA HERBAL FORMULA is guaranteed to erradicate H Pylori in 30 days. It cost about $ 200 and can only be ordered from the UK. I have a called the number on the website several times and there is NEVER an answer. And there is very little info on the internet. Is this a scam? Has anyone ever used Matula Herbal Formula?
http://perfectly-natural-health.com/herbal-fo...
Did it eliminate the H Pylori?

Please help! THanks!

I
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Cyd, did you get a stool test to confirm that the H.Pylori was gone? If not, it may have been calmed down a little, but is is actually gone? Another consideration is high acid foods and gluten products. I cannot eat either or my gut is on fire. I tried some raw, organic tomatoes from my own garden and my stomach hurt within minutes. I have neverbeen diagnosed with an ulcer, but I believe I have one. So, food content is very important in keeping and ulcer quiet too.

The Matula Herbal Tea was going to be my second choice had the Mastica Gum not worked. I know nothing about them, but if you will spend some time looking at other post on this forum I believe there are some people who have used the Matula. You will just have to look.

I am fortunate that the MAstica Gum worked because I really didn't want to pay almost $200 for something.

I talked with the company that makes the Mastica Gum and they told me to stay off it for 60 days after getting a negative report, then do another 30 days and then 30 days a year thereafter, so maybe there is a component that helps to keep the H.pylori stay gone. I plan to follow their instructions. Sharon
jerry

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

hi Sharon
what brand of mastic gum did u use and what was the strain of probiotic?
Also did u take the probiotic with the mastic gum everytime?
Thank u!
Jerry
Stephanie Watson

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

Judged:

Peter UK wrote:
http://jac.oxfordjournals.org/ cgi/content/full/52/3/522
I am interested in the conflicts of interest at the end of this article
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

Stephanie Watson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am interested in the conflicts of interest at the end of this article
I could not get this article through the link provided, can you check it to see if it is right? Sharon
jerry

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

thanx Sharon
did u take 1000mg of mastic gum
i have the jarrows 500mg
u posted every 12 hours before did u take the mastic every 12 hours
jerry
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2009

Judged:

jerry wrote:
thanx Sharon
did u take 1000mg of mastic gum
i have the jarrows 500mg
u posted every 12 hours before did u take the mastic every 12 hours
jerry
My Mastic doses were 1000 mg per dose, 2000 mg per day (which was the recommended dosage.) I took it at 6:00 am and 6:00 pm in other words before breakfast and before my evening meal, 12 hours apart. That was my idea, it was not something that was recommended, I just wanted to be sure I kept it in my body consistently to help ensure I was bombarding the bug.
Let me say again that I also eat a very whole diet, nothing fried, no gluten etc. I have Atrial Fibrilation (misfiring of the heart) and have to make sure something doesn't trigger that. One reason I was excited about the H.pylori dying for me was because a scientific study I came across indicates that some scientist believe that H.pylori can actually cause AFIB.

I have not had an episode since January, not even irregular heartbeats. I was having them every two months prior to that. So you can see why I am so excited about the H.pylori dying. We will see what happens with the AFIB. Others believe there is no cure for AFIB except possible surgery (which is not 100% either), but I believe there is a natural cure for everything. We will see. Good luck. Sharon
Cyd

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Jessica wrote:
Hey everyone
I found out last year that i had the Hpylori infection and since no one can give me a strait friggin answer i decided to figure it out for myself. I tried the meds twice. the 2nd time i was so ill and in so much pain i thought i was dying. there were many nights and days i layed on the bathroom floor in tears. i lost 10 pounds in week and finally decided not to take it anymore. i lost my job, and even though i'm off of the medication i feel more horrible than before i took it. I can't work or do anything. i was taking the maximum ammount of proton pump inhibitor over the counter and then it made me bloated and constipated and nautious. i didnt have heartburn attacks but i was still as sick, the pharmcy told me take half as much and pair it up with famotidine (pepcid), i orded matuala tea and have been on it for 2 days. I'm suppoded to start a really good job soon, but i'm still so sick i can't barely do anything. i want to try mastic gum and i found a locally owned health food store in town that i can get it from. how much should i take? thanks anyone for your help. im desperate.
Hi jessica,

it's been awhile since your posting. I've tried several natuarl remedies which gave me reflief however did not eradicate the HPylori.
I was wondering if you tried the Matula Herbal Formula mentioned on this site http://h-pylori-symptoms.com/treatmentscures/
And did it completly kill the Hpylori?

Hope you are in amzing health! Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Cyd
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2009

Judged:

Cyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi jessica,
it's been awhile since your posting. I've tried several natuarl remedies which gave me reflief however did not eradicate the HPylori.
I was wondering if you tried the Matula Herbal Formula mentioned on this site http://h-pylori-symptoms.com/treatmentscures/
And did it completly kill the Hpylori?
Hope you are in amzing health! Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!
Cyd
Cyd, the Mastic Gum worked for me, but I believe it was because I took it at the same time throughout the 60 days and I also ate really good foods including a lot of broccoli which I understand the H.Pylori bacteria really hates. Have you tried Mastic Gum supplements. I was going to try the Matula Tea as a second choice had the Mastic Gum not worked. Sharon
jerry

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

My wife tried the Biaxin and thr Falgil too and it gave her a bad reaction. Do not take it ! The Protonics is also useless, as are most antibiotics. You have nothing to lose with the mastic gum. There are no sude effects other than maybe getting a soar jaw from chewing so much. My wife just started the Bye Lori 2 and noticed a positive difference right away. I f you take it at bed time it may make your mouth and throat dry. These items may not cure acid reflux or H- pylori but they will greatly calm the symptoms.
stu

Sale, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

Has anybody tried this gentlemans help program?
http://h-pylori-symptoms.com/
Sharon

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

I bought the on-line book and it was very good information and he had good advice. I decided on Mastica Gum treatment, but did get a lot of good information from his material. Sharon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of2,414
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Helicobacter Pylori Forum right now

Search the Helicobacter Pylori Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Antibiotics are still the treatment of choice f... (Dec '07) 1 hr jeff 212
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) Sat Tracy 6,542
H Pylori symptoms (Sep '07) Jul 10 Tia 595
quadruple therapy cured my h pylori (Aug '10) Jul 9 Rose 268
The best Anti H.pylori remedies (Oct '10) Jul 9 Raj1345678 139
Stomach Noise after Eradication (Nov '12) Jul 8 It is god 5
H Pylori = Bad Breath? (Aug '08) Jul 8 Die 277
•••
•••