Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

Judged:

TruthSeeker wrote:
Hi Sharon and others who have used Mastic gum to eradicate H. Pylori,
I have started taking 500mg of Mastic Gum (Brand: Nutricology) twice a day. My question is how many days does it take for the Mastic Gum to do its magic? Should I double my dose--1000mg twice a day? I am also taking a capsule of probiotics every day plus eating Broccoli, drinking yogurt/kefir whenever I can.
Since May 2011, I have been having this H. Pylori issue but I did not know it (did U-breath test) until October 2011. The good thing is that I have not tried the traditional triple or Quadruple antibiotic therapy. However, I have tried Oil of Oregano, and some homeopathy but it has not helped much.
I really don't want to leave the H. Pylori in my stomach as it can colonize and live there forever causing ulcer and the most dreadful thing--cancer.
Please provide feedback. Thanks!
In this day of instant gratification and quick fixes, let me say up front that won't happen with H.pylori. It has taken awhile for it to get into the overgrowth situation and because it burrows into the lining of the stomach it will take persistance and perserverance. I won't tell you how much of the Mastic to take, I was advised to take 2,000 mg a day, so I took 1000 in the am and 1000 12 hours later. I also used the probiotics and ate broccoli. Another thing I did was to cut out excessive sugar as that seems to be a favorite of H.pylori or if not that, it adds to stomach irritations. I did have some pain relief after a couple of days, but it took about 6 weeks to know that something was working and the full 3 months of treatment before I knew I had victory over it. I went through the nasty metal taste in my mouth about 8 weeks into the treatment, and was happy when I found out that was a sign of the dying bacteria. Not everyone experiences that even though their H.pylori is killed, I think it is according to how bad you have it. Keep doing what you are doing, don't get discouraged and don't set a time. Use your own judgement on the dosage, some companies advise heavier doses than others. Hang in there, I wish the best for you, this is a horrible bacterial infection. Sharon
siltentseeker

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Ravi wrote:
POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE
I had bleeding ulcer and was in hospital for 3 days. Endoscopic injections to stop the bleeding ulcer, followed by 4 weeks of high doses of too many medications. I became totally alright then. I was sensitive to some of the food items like green pepper, spices, strong coffee, etc and was avoiding these items because they caused acid reflex.
I didnt want to go into a hospital again so gave up on all of these food items.
I read about mastic gum. BELIEVE ME IT WORKED LIKED A MAGIC IN A FEW DAYS. I eat everything these days in moderation.
THANKS MASTICA.
which mastic gum brand did u have?
Spoo

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Mastic gum not only help healing H.pylori infection and other G.I ulcers. You can also use this gum externally for wounds.
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

siltentseeker wrote:
<quoted text>
which mastic gum brand did u have?
If you are asking me about what brand I used, the brand I used, is called "Mastica" by www.allergyresearchgroup.com
It is a little more expensive, but after much research this one came out on top for me. I believe you should always go with the best reviews on something instead of just buying it anywhere, even if it is more expensive. Sharon
Mary

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

I've been taking Mastika for the last month or so and the pain in my stomach and chest has almost completely gone. I wasn't diagnosed with H Pylori but taking 1mg of mastika a day has really helped. I suspected it was an ulcer I was suffering from, probably from partying too hard. Up until I began taking mastika I was taking 300mg of ranithidine a day to try stave off the pain, I'm only 22 so the idea of being on tablets everyday for the rest of my life sounded horrible (my doc said this was a possibility) Anyway, since taking mastika I've been able to reduce the ranithidine dosage to 150mg a day. I'm hoping to wean myself off tablets altogether. I've also started to introduce cabbage, pro biotic drinks and manuka honey to my diet which I believe have also helped.

Since: Oct 11

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

Judged:

Mary wrote:
I've been taking Mastika for the last month or so and the pain in my stomach and chest has almost completely gone. I wasn't diagnosed with H Pylori but taking 1mg of mastika a day has really helped. I suspected it was an ulcer I was suffering from, probably from partying too hard. Up until I began taking mastika I was taking 300mg of ranithidine a day to try stave off the pain, I'm only 22 so the idea of being on tablets everyday for the rest of my life sounded horrible (my doc said this was a possibility) Anyway, since taking mastika I've been able to reduce the ranithidine dosage to 150mg a day. I'm hoping to wean myself off tablets altogether. I've also started to introduce cabbage, pro biotic drinks and manuka honey to my diet which I believe have also helped.
Have you been taking the mastika on an empty stomach or with meals? Who recommended that you take it?
John 37

Neiva, Colombia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

hi.

has anyone re tested negative for h pylori with the breath test after taking mastic gum?

iīve been suffering with acid reflux and sleep apnea for years. no pain, just a lot of mucus and sleepless night. some shortness of breath. i guess everyone is different.

iīm about to invest on buying a lot of mustic gum on the web and i wanna be certain that his stuff works. we canīt get it here in south america.

i believe you all have felt relief and mastic gum has worked for you but have you re tested?

thanks, john.
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

John 37 wrote:
hi.
has anyone re tested negative for h pylori with the breath test after taking mastic gum?
iīve been suffering with acid reflux and sleep apnea for years. no pain, just a lot of mucus and sleepless night. some shortness of breath. i guess everyone is different.
iīm about to invest on buying a lot of mustic gum on the web and i wanna be certain that his stuff works. we canīt get it here in south america.
i believe you all have felt relief and mastic gum has worked for you but have you re tested?
thanks, john.
It is my understanding that you should have a stool test after being treated for H.pylori. The breath test is for prior treatment I think.
There is no guarantee that mastic Gum will work for everyone, some people have success some don't. I was diagnosed with H.pylori by a blood test, treated with Mastic Gum for 3 months, had a stool test and it came back negative, I was cured. You can read my information by going back on this forum and reading it. There are a lot of factors in treating for H.pylori. Good luck
christine

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

I am on day 2 of mastic gum and feeling a little bloated. Yesterday was much worse but I ate to soon after taking it. I was diagnosed with h.pylori, did the antibiotics route and felt misarable after. I am taking the mastic in hopes of healing some of the damage all of that did to me. Wish me luck.
lynn

New Market, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Hi all! I have suffered from acid reflux for many years, but have taken priolsec off and on to try to control it. Over a week ago, I went to the hospital after being dehydrated froming vomiting up all day after eating a few bites of my lunch. I started having a terrible burning pain in my stomach and was starting to also vomit up blood streaked mucus. They checked to see if it was my gall bladder, but couldn't find anything wrong with my gall bladder. They didn't see anything else from the testing they did and sent me home with prescriptions for Zantac 150mg 2x day, anti-nausea medication and a pain medication. They never diagnosed it as an ulcer, just told me to see my doctor if I continued to have problems.

After a week of continuing burning pain and extreme fatigue, I researched the internet and decided that I would try out mastic gum. I purchased Solaray 500mg mastic gum capsules. After the very first dose 500mg, I no longer felt the pain, but was still very fatigued. It is now day 2, and I have no pain and feel more energetic and less fatigued. I still have episodes of acid reflux, so I am still taking the Zantac 150mg 2x a day.

My insurance won't kick in until after spending $3000 first, so I can't really afford to get anymore testing done or doctor's bills until I have paid off the most recent hospital bill. Don't really know if I have the HP bug, but this mastic gum is doing the trick for me. I decided to take one capsule 500mg mastic gum an hour before each mealtime. I also purchased the 16+ manuka honey, but it tasted so nasty that I can't bring myself to eat anymore of it.

I was wondering if I should take some kind of probiotic as well. Don't know if mastic gum upsets the balance of good bacteria or not in the same way as antibiotics. I also wanted to know if continuing to take the Zantac may interfere with taking the mastic gum also. I still get really bad acid reflux and have to take the Zantac to ease this problem.
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

christine wrote:
I am on day 2 of mastic gum and feeling a little bloated. Yesterday was much worse but I ate to soon after taking it. I was diagnosed with h.pylori, did the antibiotics route and felt misarable after. I am taking the mastic in hopes of healing some of the damage all of that did to me. Wish me luck.
Christine, my best advice to you is to be patient. Your body has been severely damaged with antibiotics, all of your good and bad bacteria have been destroyed. You are bound to have some bloating, that will not disappear until after your stomach has healed a little. I would advise you to get a good probiotic, I mean a good one, and not the ones in yogurt. I use NatrolBead http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/natrol-probi... that you can get at Walgreens if you are in USA. If not, google NatrolBeads and see where you can order it. It has a lot of good bacteria, does not have to be refrigerated and easy to take with you if you travel. You will need to start working on replacing those along with taking the Mastic, so get some probiotics right away, that will help a lot. Good luck! Sharon
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

lynn wrote:
Hi all! I have suffered from acid reflux for many years, but have taken priolsec off and on to try to control it. Over a week ago, I went to the hospital after being dehydrated froming vomiting up all day after eating a few bites of my lunch. I started having a terrible burning pain in my stomach and was starting to also vomit up blood streaked mucus. They checked to see if it was my gall bladder, but couldn't find anything wrong with my gall bladder. They didn't see anything else from the testing they did and sent me home with prescriptions for Zantac 150mg 2x day, anti-nausea medication and a pain medication. They never diagnosed it as an ulcer, just told me to see my doctor if I continued to have problems.
After a week of continuing burning pain and extreme fatigue, I researched the internet and decided that I would try out mastic gum. I purchased Solaray 500mg mastic gum capsules. After the very first dose 500mg, I no longer felt the pain, but was still very fatigued. It is now day 2, and I have no pain and feel more energetic and less fatigued. I still have episodes of acid reflux, so I am still taking the Zantac 150mg 2x a day.
My insurance won't kick in until after spending $3000 first, so I can't really afford to get anymore testing done or doctor's bills until I have paid off the most recent hospital bill. Don't really know if I have the HP bug, but this mastic gum is doing the trick for me. I decided to take one capsule 500mg mastic gum an hour before each mealtime. I also purchased the 16+ manuka honey, but it tasted so nasty that I can't bring myself to eat anymore of it.
I was wondering if I should take some kind of probiotic as well. Don't know if mastic gum upsets the balance of good bacteria or not in the same way as antibiotics. I also wanted to know if continuing to take the Zantac may interfere with taking the mastic gum also. I still get really bad acid reflux and have to take the Zantac to ease this problem.
Yes, you should take a probiotic, this is the one I take, it is good, does not have to be refrigerated so you can take it with you if you travel, and if you live in the USA you can get it at Walgreens. I use NatrolBead, here is a website http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/natrol-probi... You will need to start working on replacing those along with taking the Mastic, so get some probiotics right away, that will help a lot. Best of luck, I did it, you can too! Sharon
christine

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Thank you, Sharon. I am literally in tears on the couch because I feel so sick and tired of being sick. You are right about the antibiotics, they made things much worse for me. I lost 30 lbs with this illness. The doctors wanted to feed me dexilant which seemed to help at first but stopped helping. Nothing helps now. I'm going the natural route for a while and will also be going gluten free as ive gone gluten free before with good results. The hpylori threw me back down. I just need to pick myself back up. I am very grateful for your support.
lynn

New Market, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

Thank you, Sharon. I will check local stores to see if they sell this. Do you know if there is any consensus about whether continuing taking Zantac along with the mastic gum capsules may contradict each other or not? I am still getting severe heartburn/acid reflux several times a day.

Ynot- Lily

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

lynn wrote:
Thank you, Sharon. I will check local stores to see if they sell this. Do you know if there is any consensus about whether continuing taking Zantac along with the mastic gum capsules may contradict each other or not? I am still getting severe heartburn/acid reflux several times a day.
If you have H.pylori and you want to finish him, I saw research that say that when you combine them you wont get h.pylori out.
It make sense because you need to take it on an empty stomach for it to work weel, so mastic gum probably works well with acid, when you lower your acid it dosent work well.
But it is only for h.pylori...
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

christine wrote:
Thank you, Sharon. I am literally in tears on the couch because I feel so sick and tired of being sick. You are right about the antibiotics, they made things much worse for me. I lost 30 lbs with this illness. The doctors wanted to feed me dexilant which seemed to help at first but stopped helping. Nothing helps now. I'm going the natural route for a while and will also be going gluten free as ive gone gluten free before with good results. The hpylori threw me back down. I just need to pick myself back up. I am very grateful for your support.
I have been on my couch doing the same thing. I lost down to 115 lbs, I was a walking skelton, my daughter-in-law actually thought I was anorexic (spelling?), anyway she thought it was intentional until I finally went to the doctor and found out what I had. I am now at 125 and stay between 125 and 127, my ideal weight for my height is 139, but I think I will stay where I am. If I eat anything with gluten beyond one bite (which I only do at Thanksgiving and Christmas), it makes me hurt. I hope you feel better soon, it took me a few weeks, but I did get better. Hang in there. Sharon
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2012

lynn wrote:
I am not a medical doctor so I can't answer your question about Zantac as I know nothing about it. Acid Reflux is a bad thing from what I understand, maybe try eliminating different foods to see if that helps. Have you ever checked to see if your body is acidic or alkaline. It should be mostly alkaline. If you haven't you might want to google that and get some strips and check to see how you register in that area. Just a suggestion if you are too acidic in your body that could be some of your problem. Worth a try, you can get the strips at any pharmacy, just tell them you want to check your alkaline level. You can get the urine or the mouth strips, I use the urine strips because sometimes I check mine to be sure I am within the right level. Good luck, Sharon
TruthSeeker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

OK, I am on day 20 with Mastic Gum. Not sure if it is working but I am going to stick with it and give it a full trial. My symptoms are: warmth in stomach, most likely due to inflammation. I don't have the classic acid reflux or heartburn symptoms though.

I don't know how to make the inflammation go away. Upon browsing the web, I found Designs for Health - GastroMend HP ( http://www.amazon.com/Designs-Health-GastroMe... ) that is supposed to have not only Mastic gum but also some other stuff that are supposed to heal the mucosa and hence curing the inflammation. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I am big fan of Dr. Mercola. In some of his articles, he has advised on how to cure H. Pylori naturally. He says, take Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Raw Garlic and Ginger and avoid sugar, juices, sodas, coffee and drink minimum 12 glasses of water every day. This diet will starve the H. Pylori. So, I am trying to follow his advice as well.

But as they say, gut is your second brain. Having the inflammation in the stomach lining bothers me all day. I don't know what will cure me but I'm really worried about my future. What if, I fail to eradicate H. Pylori from my system, will my health further deteriorate? What's the worst that can happen?:(
Sharon Glass

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

TruthSeeker wrote:
OK, I am on day 20 with Mastic Gum. Not sure if it is working but I am going to stick with it and give it a full trial. My symptoms are: warmth in stomach, most likely due to inflammation. I don't have the classic acid reflux or heartburn symptoms though.
I don't know how to make the inflammation go away. Upon browsing the web, I found Designs for Health - GastroMend HP ( http://www.amazon.com/Designs-Health-GastroMe... ) that is supposed to have not only Mastic gum but also some other stuff that are supposed to heal the mucosa and hence curing the inflammation. Any thoughts on this?
Also, I am big fan of Dr. Mercola. In some of his articles, he has advised on how to cure H. Pylori naturally. He says, take Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Raw Garlic and Ginger and avoid sugar, juices, sodas, coffee and drink minimum 12 glasses of water every day. This diet will starve the H. Pylori. So, I am trying to follow his advice as well.
But as they say, gut is your second brain. Having the inflammation in the stomach lining bothers me all day. I don't know what will cure me but I'm really worried about my future. What if, I fail to eradicate H. Pylori from my system, will my health further deteriorate? What's the worst that can happen?:(
I would be careful doing so many treatments at one time, that could lead to more irritation. It took me 2 months of taking Mastic and Probiotics, watching everything I ate, and not feeding the bacteria a lot of sugar, no drinks, no sugary things. I ate a lot of broccoli and rice because my stomach was so irritated. Sometimes in this world of instant gratification we think more is better, sometimes we have to realize that sometimes we should take one step at a time, two at the most. I am not going to tell you what to do, but it took a long time for your body to get in this condition and H.pylori is one mean bacteria, so patience is the order of the day and consider doing one treatment at a time, otherwise how can you tell what worked? In case you haven't read my story which was written up and distributed on-line all over the world, here is the link, http://www.afibbers.org/conference/session65.... There is a lot of good information from others as this was done in a forum, so it is a 16 page document, but worth reading about the various problems people have had. It also has some great information links on H.pylori. Good luck! Sharon
TruthSeeker

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Sharon Glass wrote:
<quoted text> I would be careful doing so many treatments at one time, that could lead to more irritation. It took me 2 months of taking Mastic and Probiotics, watching everything I ate, and not feeding the bacteria a lot of sugar, no drinks, no sugary things. I ate a lot of broccoli and rice because my stomach was so irritated. Sometimes in this world of instant gratification we think more is better, sometimes we have to realize that sometimes we should take one step at a time, two at the most. I am not going to tell you what to do, but it took a long time for your body to get in this condition and H.pylori is one mean bacteria, so patience is the order of the day and consider doing one treatment at a time, otherwise how can you tell what worked? In case you haven't read my story which was written up and distributed on-line all over the world, here is the link, http://www.afibbers.org/conference/session65.... There is a lot of good information from others as this was done in a forum, so it is a 16 page document, but worth reading about the various problems people have had. It also has some great information links on H.pylori. Good luck! Sharon
Sharon, I read your 16 page document. Thanks for sharing. I understand that I might be trying too much. I am just very frustrated with this bug and the symptoms it is causing. Just to give you a little background about myself. I'm a 38-year-old male. Until I got this bug last year, I have enjoyed a perfect healthy life. I never had any sort of stomach issues. No allergies--nothing! I guess, God had (has) blessed me with a perfect health. But now with this Pylori bug within few months I am very changed man--rather a pessimistic man. I have vowed to myself that going forward, I will take care of my health and won't take anything for granted... now if I can somehow get rid of this nasty bug.

One question I have. I am not gluten sensitive and I love breads. Should I be on gluten-free diet during my Mastic Gum protocol?

And if God wills and He gives me full recovery. When can I start eating breads and get to enjoy my coffee again?:-) Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Helicobacter Pylori Forum right now

Search the Helicobacter Pylori Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
H Pylori and Weight loss (May '13) 19 hr veronica 19
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) Thu Joseph Jr 6,573
The best Anti H.pylori remedies (Oct '10) Thu John 142
Overcoming H Pylori - A story (Oct '11) Jul 30 Nata 111
Helicobacter Pylori and back pain (Mar '13) Jul 27 EMM 53
H Pylori = Bad Breath? (Aug '08) Jul 24 donna 278
H Pylori symptoms (Sep '07) Jul 20 Ajuuu 596
•••
•••