Mastic gum side effects
minsa

Wellesley Hills, MA

#41 Jul 15, 2008
I am taking 2 (500mg each) mastic capsules before breakfast from July 5th. Seems to be helping a lot, pain has reduced and the acidic feeling is a lot under control. I am not taking DGL at all. I am not taking any other medication.
I will keep you all posted.
Jessica

Anchorage, AK

#42 Aug 5, 2008
Hey everyone
I found out last year that i had the Hpylori infection and since no one can give me a strait friggin answer i decided to figure it out for myself. I tried the meds twice. the 2nd time i was so ill and in so much pain i thought i was dying. there were many nights and days i layed on the bathroom floor in tears. i lost 10 pounds in week and finally decided not to take it anymore. i lost my job, and even though i'm off of the medication i feel more horrible than before i took it. I can't work or do anything. i was taking the maximum ammount of proton pump inhibitor over the counter and then it made me bloated and constipated and nautious. i didnt have heartburn attacks but i was still as sick, the pharmcy told me take half as much and pair it up with famotidine (pepcid), i orded matuala tea and have been on it for 2 days. I'm suppoded to start a really good job soon, but i'm still so sick i can't barely do anything. i want to try mastic gum and i found a locally owned health food store in town that i can get it from. how much should i take? thanks anyone for your help. im desperate.
Andu

San Jose, CA

#43 Aug 5, 2008
I started to take one 500 mg Mastic gum once before breakfast. I read at a few websites that one should take 1000mg before breakfast and at some others mentioned about taking 500 mg once in the morning and once in the evening.

Was wondering what dosage people in this forum recommend/ following.
Jessica

Anchorage, AK

#44 Aug 7, 2008
I started taking 2 500mg capsuls in the morning like the back of the bottle said. yesterday was the first day and it wasnt too bad. i was crampy and kind of nautious, but by like 2pm i felt pretty good. well thats not the case today. I'm so nautious i can barely eat saltine crackers, i'm dizzy and trying to drink as much water as i can but i feel miserable. i also sopped taking as much prilosec as i was taking before. the pharmacy told me i could rak 80mg a day and that was way to much and made me very dizzy and sick. so now im only taking one a day. does this sound lik the mastic gum or something else? i dont have the flu, its not that. i dont know whats going on. i want to get through this but i dont want to suffer for no reason. if anyone else has had this feeling with mastic gum please let me know. that would be awsome.
Andu

San Jose, CA

#45 Aug 7, 2008
Try Probiotics for a few weeks, prevpak would have killed the good bacteria also.
Jessica wrote:
Hey everyone
I found out last year that i had the Hpylori infection and since no one can give me a strait friggin answer i decided to figure it out for myself. I tried the meds twice. the 2nd time i was so ill and in so much pain i thought i was dying. there were many nights and days i layed on the bathroom floor in tears. i lost 10 pounds in week and finally decided not to take it anymore. i lost my job, and even though i'm off of the medication i feel more horrible than before i took it. I can't work or do anything. i was taking the maximum ammount of proton pump inhibitor over the counter and then it made me bloated and constipated and nautious. i didnt have heartburn attacks but i was still as sick, the pharmcy told me take half as much and pair it up with famotidine (pepcid), i orded matuala tea and have been on it for 2 days. I'm suppoded to start a really good job soon, but i'm still so sick i can't barely do anything. i want to try mastic gum and i found a locally owned health food store in town that i can get it from. how much should i take? thanks anyone for your help. im desperate.
Jessica

Anchorage, AK

#46 Aug 8, 2008
I was also wondering how long the cramping dicomfort lasts. does it usually take a week, or 2 weeks to see positive effects? thanks again
Hetu_Rao

San Jose, CA

#47 Aug 8, 2008
For how long one should take Mastic gum for the H Pylori to be gone! I have been taking 1g per day before breakfast since the past 3 weeks.
brian

Davison, MI

#48 Aug 11, 2008
I have to decide in the morning if I should have surgery for a bleeding ulcer. I had my second endoscopy today and they clipped and cauterized an ulcer. I'm not really sure what the surgery would do yet. After my first endoscopy I went on Protonics, a prescription acid-blocker, combined with carafate, which coats the ulcer to protect it from acid. But no one told me how to eat with those drugs and I might have eaten a few things that I shouldn't have. I did drink some coffee. Then the bleeding started again and I am back in the hospital. But I don't feel like I had a chance to see if the ulcer could be cured without surgery. They hadn't finished the biopsy of it yet. I am already going to be bankrupt from being in the hospital twice, I can only imagine how deep the financial hole will be with surgery. This is going to be a hard decision.
Cidalia

South Africa

#49 Aug 13, 2008
Jason wrote:
Positive news at last!! Hard to find in these forums....
Anyway I have been suffering and I know what my doctor gave me definitely didn't work. I have seen good (and bad) reports about Mastic Gum and Matula tea.
It seems like these natural remedies take a hammering from the pharmaceutical companies - thanks Peter your post really highlights this point.
Personally I would rather die from H.pylori than go for a 5th round of Triple Therapy, so I see no harm in trying out the natural options especially if they are guaranteed to work.
Hi Jason - my father has been diagnosed with H Pylori and suffering badly. Antibiotics not working. I have been trying to find a stockist of the Matula Tea in SA but am unable to find anyone. Have you tried the tea? Do you know where I can get this?
Regards.
Cidalia

South Africa

#50 Aug 13, 2008
My father has been diagnosed with H Pylori and suffering badly. The prescribed antibiotics did not work. He is constantly bloated and in pain. Does anyone have the name of a supplier in South Africa of the Matual Herbal Formula?
Zafar

Arlington, VA

#51 Aug 15, 2008
Glad to find this forum. I am suffering from chronic urticaria which I think is caused by H.Pylori. My doctors (yes doctors with s) don't agree. I took Prevpac to get rid of H.pylori but it did not work completly. Now I am taking raw mastic gum from chios (Krinos brand) that I got from a syrian grocery store. Guy told me that it is used in food. I think it is working good. I am taking the raw gums as it comes. not even sure about how much I am taking, may be 1.5 grams a day. My question is did any one used it in a raw state ( not capsules etc.) and how much dosage and for how long? any side effects?
Any suggestion / experience appreciated.
JAN

Newcastle, UK

#52 Aug 20, 2008
Had triple antibiotic therapy for h-pylori and GERD, twice. Both times thought i might die with the side effects, but persisted in the hope of a cure. No real benefits, had a scope test and H-pylori remained. Left with taking Omeprazole and basically was given no other options.Reflux, abdominal discomfort pain remained. Was sceptical of using Mastic Gum, but felt it was only option. Had first evening dose of 1gram and could not believe was symptom free the next day. After 3 years of discomfort. Yes it is a miracle, and will continue to use it.
Colin

Halesowen, UK

#53 Sep 1, 2008
Just thought I would give you an update to my previous two postings earlier in the year, I was diagnosed with H-pylori and suffered indigestion, acid reflux, acid pain in the back for the last two years and had been ruining my qaulity of life, I took 2 x 500mg for a whole month now i take a daily ongoing dose of 500mg to keep myself topped up, its been a real life transformation, I even went out for the first time last week and got extremely drunk on wine and beer and had a big meal in a restaraunt, usualy I would be suffering gasric problems for days after, but I was totally symptom free, the main relief for me has been at night time where I would suffer no end but again i sleep trouble free now. I still try to steer clear from really spicy food but thats a lifestyle choice and I dont miss things like curries anyway. I am due to return to the doctors shortly to see of the H-pylori has been eradicated for good. I cant reccommend this miracle cure enough, only thing I am unsure about is wether I should now take it for life or not so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me if you want to chat further. [email protected]
Jeremy Brown

Bournemouth, UK

#54 Sep 1, 2008
Helen wrote:
I can not sing Mastic Gum praises loud enough. I was experiencing acid reflux daily for YEARS and it progressed to tarry stools. After just 3 days...no pain...normal stools...no meds It's like a miracle for me.
Initially I was actually mad for a few minutes...that I endured the pain and ingested the chemicals all those years to no avail.
Was your reflux the typical on? [email protected] got what they call Laryngopharangeal reflux which means that the symptoms are manifesting in the throat maily and causing me huge distress. My digestion is also screwed up with inadequate absorption, bloated stomach as soon as I eat. Could this mastic gum help me?
Gitana

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#55 Sep 9, 2008
Dear Jeremy,
Could you please let me know where you bought mastic gum from. anybody who knows a good reputation company selling mastic gum, please let me know by email: [email protected]
Heta_Sota

Milpitas, CA

#56 Sep 18, 2008
Has anyone who tested positive for Pylori, took Mastic gum for a while and then actually tested negative for H Pylori?
Heta_Sota

Milpitas, CA

#57 Sep 18, 2008
Colin, Did you test negative for Pylori?
Colin wrote:
I am due to return to the doctors shortly to see of the H-pylori has been eradicated for good.
Debbie OK

United States

#58 Sep 20, 2008
Do the research...it has been tested in a study and proven that mastic gum does nothing to cure h-pylori...
Debbie in OK

United States

#59 Sep 20, 2008
Look it up...it has been proven in a study that mastic gum does nothing to cure h-pylori...
sheri

London, UK

#60 Sep 24, 2008
hi ive just been diagnosed with HP after reading your letters im now more worried about the side effects of the cure can anyone tell me what they are ive been told antibiotics are taken and ome can anyone give me a clue as what to expect as im really scared thanks and can you get the matula tea in the uk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helicobacter Pylori Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After h pylori eradication (Jul '11) 5 hr Tracy 7,005
H Pylori symptoms (Sep '07) Mon Beezee 623
can the prevpak effect your menstrual cycle? Jun 25 jaynay 1
A guide to taking Pylera from someone on the fr... (Apr '13) Jun 25 Anonymous 23
Where you contract the h pylori and how to avoi... (May '08) Jun 23 Yvette a 142
H Pylori treatment : Zinlori 75? (Jan '08) Jun 22 Amanda 74
My experience with h.pylori 2014-2015 (Nov '15) Jun 18 Jellybeans529 5
More from around the web